Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chicago Bears 7 round Mock Draft
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is this a realistic mock draft
Yes
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
No
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

Author Message
RJohnson99


Joined: 01 Apr 2014
Posts: 6
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Chicago Bears 7 round Mock Draft Reply with quote

1st Round: Aaron Donald DT (Pitt)
The Bears need depth, youth and talent at the defensive tackle position, and Donald supplies all three. I don't think there is any question the bears will take on Donald if he is available.

2nd Round: Terrance Brooks FS (FSU)
The Bears added a lot of depth at the safety position this year in free agency, but they still do not have an established starter at free safety. Enter Terrance Brooks. The 23 year old from Florida is rated by many as the third best FS in his class, and can start immediately.

3rd round: Keith McGill CB (Utah)
Keith Mcgill has great size for a cornerback which would be very valuable in a division with Calvin Johnson. He also has the versatility to play in the slot if needed. He may not be a starter come September, but he will be able to replace Tillman in as little as one year.

4th Round: Arthur Lynch TE (Georgia)
The Bears Finally found a legitimate receiving tight end in Martellus Bennett, but need another pass catching tight end to really complete their offense. Lynch can start from day one.

5th Round: Logan Thomas QB (Virginia Tech)
The Bears lost Josh McCown in free agency last year and are still looking for a 2nd string QB. Thomas needs a lot of work and who else better to do it than Marc Trestman. Thomas has incredible Physical gifts and with the right coaching, he can become a dangerous passer.

6th Round: Dri Archer RB (Kent State)
Dri Archer from Kent State has been compared to guys like Darren Sproles and Dexter Mccluster. He has the same small body but more importantly, the same big play ability. He may never be a legitimate RB but hes a guy who can make plays as a return man and slot receiver. Surely Marc Trestman could find some use for him.

6th Round: Ryan Carrethers DT (Arkansas State)
The Bears are very thin at defensive tackle, and even if they draft donald they will only have 4 DT's on their roster. Ryan Carrethers from Arkansas State is a powerful run stuffer who will most likely not see very much playing time as a rookie, but can become a valuable asset down the round.


Last edited by RJohnson99 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:58 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chisoxguy7


Joined: 17 Dec 2007
Posts: 2379
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Chicago Bears 7 round Mock Draft Reply with quote

Why does this smell like an advertisement for the


RJohnson99 wrote:
[EDITED][/b]

_________________


RIP Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MemphisBear


Joined: 11 Feb 2011
Posts: 266
Location: Memphis, TN
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Brooks makes it to 51.

And I don't care to have Thomas or Archer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 16393
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: Chicago Bears 7 round Mock Draft Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
Why does this smell like an advertisement for the


RJohnson99 wrote:
[EDITED][/b]


RJohnson99, in the future please don't promote other football or sports sites similar to FF.

Thank you, and welcome to FootballsFuture!
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear: Robbie Gould, K

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bkokot


Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Posts: 1349
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: Chicago Bears 7 round Mock Draft Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
Why does this smell like an advertisement for the


RJohnson99 wrote:
[/b]


These sites are ridiculously optimistic/completely unrealistic. But who really knows anything at this point. I ran a few mocks from them just to compare...

I think in general, their algorithm doesn't account for teams placing higher value on certain positions, maybe even after they have satisfied a need, DT in particular, I got some crazy double dips on DT in some of the mocks below. For example, getting Tuitt in the 4th even though I already picked up Jernigan, the value was just too good to pass on, but I don't think there's any way in heck he would actually drop that far.

I'd be happy with any of these to varying degrees, just thought it would be interesting for discussion to post a few.

Board A

1. Aaron Donald - DT - Pitt
2. Deone Bucannon - S - Washington State
3. Louicheiz Purifoy - CB - Florida
4. DaQuan Jones - DT - Penn State
5. Logan Thomas - QB - Virginia Tech
6. Crockett Gilmore - TE - Colorado State
6. Antonio Andrews - RB - Western Kentucky

Board B

1. Darqueze Dennard - CB - Michigan State
2. Troy Niklas - TE - Notre Dame
3. Deone Bucannon - S - Washington State
4. Will Sutton - DT - Arizona State
5. Aaron Murray - QB - Georgia
6. Josh Huff - WR - Oregon
6. Kirby Van Der Kamp - P - Iowa State

Board C

1. Darqueze Dennard - CB - Michigan State
2. Timmy Jernigan - DT - Florida State
3. Ed Reynolds - S - Stanford
4. Stephon Tuitt - DT/DE - Notre Dame
5. Andre Williams - RB - Boston College
6. Colt Lyerla - TE - Oregon
6. Stephen Morris - QB - Miami
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G08


Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 895
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love your Board A with maybe minor tweaks in round 6.
_________________

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bkokot


Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Posts: 1349
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Love your Board A with maybe minor tweaks in round 6.


Yeah, once I got down to the 6th round, I don't have much knowledge about many of the prospects, there are different players I like in different mocks.

I really like the idea of Andre Williams as a power back for us, and I think Ed Reynolds is an interesting option at Safety if we can't get one in the 1st or pick up Bucannon.

These were also meant to show how the various boards ranked talent in terms of "best available". So if there was a position I wanted to address in the draft, I tried to take the big board top player available to illustrate some of the variation in how players are evaluated on different sites.

Bucannon is a great example, in Board A he was one of the best available players in round 2, but on Board B he was available in round 3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bearsfan323


Joined: 02 Apr 2014
Posts: 160
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Chicago Bears 7 round Mock Draft Reply with quote

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of any of these, but I'd say B if anything. Getting Dennard + Bucannon and then Sutton, Huff, and Murray would be pretty sweet, but I don't want pick 51 going for a TE. In this case, I'd rather go DT there and then a TE in round 4.

Board C is interesting because Jernigan in round 2 would be great value, but Reynolds is horrible and reminds me a lot of Chris Conte, and Tuitt being available in round 4 is incredibly unrealistic. Morris is also pretty bad, but he likely doesn't see the field until 2016 at best if Trestman could develop him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bkokot


Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Posts: 1349
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Chicago Bears 7 round Mock Draft Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
Honestly, I'm not a big fan of any of these, but I'd say B if anything. Getting Dennard + Bucannon and then Sutton, Huff, and Murray would be pretty sweet, but I don't want pick 51 going for a TE. In this case, I'd rather go DT there and then a TE in round 4.

Board C is interesting because Jernigan in round 2 would be great value, but Reynolds is horrible and reminds me a lot of Chris Conte, and Tuitt being available in round 4 is incredibly unrealistic. Morris is also pretty bad, but he likely doesn't see the field until 2016 at best if Trestman could develop him.


There was a big run on DT's in simulation B, and the best players left at the position at that point were DaQuan Jones and Will Sutton, who I picked up in the 4th.

I agree that Tuitt in the 4th is insane, and the S talent seems to drop off after the first 2-3 rounds, depending on the big board the simulation was using.

I didn't go through each of the simulations more than once, and I might have used a different strategy knowing how things fell based on my decisions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bearsfan323


Joined: 02 Apr 2014
Posts: 160
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mention the drop off in safeties after rounds 2 and 3, and I would agree. I do like Kenny Ladler from Vanderbilt in the 4th or 5th if Emery decides against HHCD, Pryor, Ward, Bailey and Brooks as early FS options.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MemphisBear


Joined: 11 Feb 2011
Posts: 266
Location: Memphis, TN
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a significant drop off in safety quality after the first 4. I wouldn't want anyone else before round five or six.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bkokot


Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Posts: 1349
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisBear wrote:
There's a significant drop off in safety quality after the first 4. I wouldn't want anyone else before round five or six.


Assuming your top 4 are Clinton-Dix, Pryor, Ward, and Bucannon?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MemphisBear


Joined: 11 Feb 2011
Posts: 266
Location: Memphis, TN
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's what I was referring to. But I forgot about Brooks and Bailey. Those two I could see in rounds 3 or 4.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pigsooie5


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 3816
Location: Laguna Niguel, CA/ Albuquerque, NM
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what makes people think Bucannon will be available in the 3rd round... The guy will likely end up in the 25-35 range.
_________________

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7846
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Chicago Bears 7 round Mock Draft Reply with quote

bkokot wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
Why does this smell like an advertisement for the


RJohnson99 wrote:
[/b]


These sites are ridiculously optimistic/completely unrealistic. But who really knows anything at this point. I ran a few mocks from them just to compare...

I think in general, their algorithm doesn't account for teams placing higher value on certain positions, maybe even after they have satisfied a need, DT in particular, I got some crazy double dips on DT in some of the mocks below. For example, getting Tuitt in the 4th even though I already picked up Jernigan, the value was just too good to pass on, but I don't think there's any way in heck he would actually drop that far.

I'd be happy with any of these to varying degrees, just thought it would be interesting for discussion to post a few.

Board A

1. Aaron Donald - DT - Pitt
2. Deone Bucannon - S - Washington State
3. Louicheiz Purifoy - CB - Florida
4. DaQuan Jones - DT - Penn State
5. Logan Thomas - QB - Virginia Tech
6. Crockett Gilmore - TE - Colorado State
6. Antonio Andrews - RB - Western Kentucky

Board B

1. Darqueze Dennard - CB - Michigan State
2. Troy Niklas - TE - Notre Dame
3. Deone Bucannon - S - Washington State
4. Will Sutton - DT - Arizona State
5. Aaron Murray - QB - Georgia
6. Josh Huff - WR - Oregon
6. Kirby Van Der Kamp - P - Iowa State

Board C

1. Darqueze Dennard - CB - Michigan State
2. Timmy Jernigan - DT - Florida State
3. Ed Reynolds - S - Stanford
4. Stephon Tuitt - DT/DE - Notre Dame
5. Andre Williams - RB - Boston College
6. Colt Lyerla - TE - Oregon
6. Stephen Morris - QB - Miami
I like C best (without Morris or Wiliams) but have little faith that Jernigan and Tuitt will be available where indicated. All the DT have negative features: less than ideal size, prior knee issues, character flaws. Donald and Hagemann seem to be the healthiest but I am waffling about taking a DT with the 14th pick now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group