Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Targets for Pick #31
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Winder23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AAA has it right. Anything is possible. There should be plenty of good players to choose from. This draft is deep with first round talent. Not a ton of top ten talent, but the 1A guys are plentiful.
BullsandBroncos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a MLB that can take on blocks and shed. Doesn't have to be strong in the passing game, just would him to not be a liability Laughing

I'm right about LeBron regressing. Blasphemy to suggest his stats wouldn't improve & was a worse defender. My prediction that turned out true.
I think you're schizophrenic. Seek help.
TrentWilliamson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although it's looking less and less likely either of them will be there, Kyle Fuller is my favorite prospect in this draft, and nobody could help us better than Mosley. I would also love for Mosley to fall to us so I never have to read another article where Cecil Lammey writes " The Broncos hav'nt had a quality middle linebacker since Smoke Dog Al Wilson patrolled the field"
mke1010

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Broncos_Fan wrote:
The moment you realize the draft it still a month away...ugh...

I really want to see an inside linebacker that can be a leader. That's just me though

I hate almost everything Goodell has done since taking over. The NFL under Goodell is all about greed. No amount of money is ever enough. The NFL will always be # 1 but I agree with Mark Cuban that the NFL is being too greedy in it's approach and at a point it will back fire in some fashion.

This idea of having the draft in May is another [inappropriate/removed] move by Goodell. It doesn't improve anything about the sport but only tries to extend the NFL calender to keep it fore front in the media.
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
KC_Broncos_Fan wrote:

I really want to see an inside linebacker that can be a leader. That's just me though

I hate almost everything Goodell has done since taking over. The NFL under Goodell is all about greed. No amount of money is ever enough. The NFL will always be # 1 but I agree with Mark Cuban that the NFL is being too greedy in it's approach and at a point it will back fire in some fashion.

This idea of having the draft in May is another [inappropriate/removed] move by Goodell. It doesn't improve anything about the sport but only tries to extend the NFL calender to keep it fore front in the media.

I actually don't mind at all. He moved the draft a whole two weeks. It's not like the draft is at the end of May or anything.

Thanks, Tzimisce
paul-mac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
KC_Broncos_Fan wrote:

I actually don't mind at all. He moved the draft a whole two weeks. It's not like the draft is at the end of May or anything.

My exams are the two week after the draft. I actually wish the draft was 3 weeks later
ThePrimeTime12

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nate Irving would probably end up being the MLB if this team doesn't draft a MLB in the first 3 rounds. I am not sure if I have that much of an issue with it. I actually think Irving is a decent player.

My thoughts on the CB position consistently change on whether we need more help or not. I think Webster has the potential to be good and on top of that I think our crappy pass rush last season made our secondary worse than what it was. I think this team could afford to get a CB in the later rounds to replace the likes of Tony Carter though. I have no idea why this team is so in love with the guy.

^^ Joe_is_the_best on the sig
germ-x

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePrimeTime12 wrote:
Nate Irving would probably end up being the MLB if this team doesn't draft a MLB in the first 3 rounds. I am not sure if I have that much of an issue with it. I actually think Irving is a decent player.

My thoughts on the CB position consistently change on whether we need more help or not. I think Webster has the potential to be good and on top of that I think our crappy pass rush last season made our secondary worse than what it was. I think this team could afford to get a CB in the later rounds to replace the likes of Tony Carter though. I have no idea why this team is so in love with the guy.

If Denver doesn't address it in the draft i still think the unit will be a solid one. Though, my gut feeling is that they try to improve the position with an early pick in the draft.
ThePrimeTime12

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
ThePrimeTime12 wrote:

If Denver doesn't address it in the draft i still think the unit will be a solid one. Though, my gut feeling is that they try to improve the position with an early pick in the draft.

Denver should take the BPA in the 1st round between MLB, G, and CB. I wouldn't rule out RB either. I like Ball but we need a home run hitter since it looks like we won't be apart of the CJ2K sweepstakes.

^^ Joe_is_the_best on the sig
germ-x

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePrimeTime12 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
ThePrimeTime12 wrote:

Denver should take the BPA in the 1st round between MLB, G, and CB. I wouldn't rule out RB either. I like Ball but we need a home run hitter since it looks like we won't be apart of the CJ2K sweepstakes.

I hope not a RB in round 1. Outside of Tre Mason, i'm not much of a fan of this RB class early in the draft. The only one i consider a real home run hitter is Dri Archer, and if he is able to make an impact on a regular basis offensively i see him used as more of an offensive weapon as opposed to more of a traditional RB.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePrimeTime12 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
ThePrimeTime12 wrote:

The problem with taking a RB at 31 isn't that we're set at RB, it is that there simply aren't any tailbacks amongst the best 31 players in this draft.

If Bishop Sankey is available at 63, then I wouldn't be too mad.

The Broncos strategy last year was to identify three positions of need, and draft them in the top three rounds, but the exact order would depend on who was available(So for example had Xavier Rhodes fallen to 28, we'd have gone DL in round 3)

If we copy that strategy I think we will look for a WR, LB and CB
BullsandBroncos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andre Williams, Tre Mason, and Carlos Hyde are the only backs in this draft to me that are worth a damn.

I'm right about LeBron regressing. Blasphemy to suggest his stats wouldn't improve & was a worse defender. My prediction that turned out true.
I think you're schizophrenic. Seek help.
mke1010

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
ThePrimeTime12 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
ThePrimeTime12 wrote:

The problem with taking a RB at 31 isn't that we're set at RB, it is that there simply aren't any tailbacks amongst the best 31 players in this draft.

The Broncos strategy last year was to identify three positions of need, and draft them in the top three rounds, but the exact order would depend on who was available(So for example had Xavier Rhodes fallen to 28, we'd have gone DL in round 3)

I see you omitted Guard among the top three picks. My guess is the top three will be Guard, MLB and Corner in order of who is available when we draft.

Elway has placed emphasis on being more physical in the run game. We didnt address O Line in free agency outside of a depth player in Montgomery.
In my view, this assures we will be taking a Guard in the first three rounds. Would be willing to bet anything on that!

Another prediction: zero chance we take a RB before round 4.
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
ThePrimeTime12 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
ThePrimeTime12 wrote:

I see you omitted Guard among the top three picks. My guess is the top three will be Guard, MLB and Corner in order of who is available when we draft.

Elway has placed emphasis on being more physical in the run game. We didnt address O Line in free agency outside of a depth player in Montgomery.
In my view, this assures we will be taking a Guard in the first three rounds. Would be willing to bet anything on that!

Another prediction: zero chance we take a RB before round 4.

Frankly, I'm not sure that's true. We have plenty of options along the OL- whether it's moving around Clark, Franklin, Ramirez, or Montgomery, the team definitely has pieces in place to make the right decision. I think it's more likely we try and target Brandon Thomas, let him get healthy for a year, and play him next year. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if we did draft a guard early, but it's not a certainty.

I would be shocked and frankly disappointed if we didn't draft a WR in the first three rounds. It's an incredibly deep draft, sure, but this team still does need a WR. Welker is no guarantee to make it the season, and even if he does, he's not coming back next year. Sanders has recurring foot issues, and Caldwell is depth. If there's good value sitting around when Denver's on the clock, they'd be wise to grab it.

Thanks, Tzimisce
denverbroncos23

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously depending on how everything falls when we pick I could get on board with us taking a WR at 31. A few weeks ago I would have laughed at that idea but now when I look at our roster and look at his WR class there are a few guys that I feel would fit this team perfect and could end up being pro bowlers down the road. I still hope we go CB, LB, OL in that order. I've also seen a lot of mocks having us taking a DE in the first and I don't think we can ever rule out that position, we know how much Elway and company value pass rushers.

^Jamison^
Broncos, Michigan Athletics, Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs.. Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13

Jump to: