Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quick Hypothetical: Suh
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuhPLEX

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvin-Stafford wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:
RIP CITY wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:
why does everyone seem to hate on our defense so much? It's not as bad as some of you are making it out to seem... top half of the league for sure

Actually most people around here agree with you. The Lions defense is definitely not top half of the League. It was barely middle of the pack last year and we downgraded at Safety so far this offseason. Unless Austin is a genius this defense will stink again this year without some additions. It is as bad as I am making it seem, I'm just not sure why more people don't see it.

We were 15th in PPG and 16th in YPG. That is indeed middle of the pack as you suggest, bit it is also top half of the league like I said. It certainly doesn't "stink."

I mean, call a thing a thing. Our defense isn't great, but it doesn't stink. However, we have young talent at every level of our defense that should continue to improve. Also, lets not forget the mundane D we ran last year... it's no wonder we didn't create turnovers or stop the pass effectively! Yeah, some of it has to do with having young/less-than-stellar players at CB, but some of it at least had to do with our scheme.

There's no way to predict the success of our defense next year. It might be top 5, who knows? There are too many unknowns; from the young players that will likely improve, to how Austin decides to run this defense. It would be irresponsible of us to try and say our defense as a whole is a certain way. We have talent all over our defense. We just need to bring it together.

Its worth noting that we did middle-of-the-pack numbers on a powder-puff schedule. Those numbers would've been brought down to distinctly-below-average if we had faced the Broncos, Saints, Eagles in better conditions, or an Aaron Rodgers-led Pack in the second game.

You don't know that.

Cruz is one of best WR in the game

detfan782004 wrote:

(Eli) Manning has a new look offense and he has looked really good in it.

wut
Jakesorensen337

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Suh not seeming like he wants to resign and his cap being too high to tag him I would love to see a crazy trade like suh and a 3rd for the rams two first rounders.
Rams win by having Suh, Brockers, Long, and Quinn on their front 4 which would top anyone and give them a fighting chance in the smash mouth division of the NFC west.
We can start over with (assuming clowney goes first) Sammy Watkins at #2, Aaron Donald at #10 and Dennard/Gilbert/HaHa at #13...
Solid wins all around
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy avatar.

Why do you say it seems like Suh doesn't want to re-sign? I honestly don't see evidence either way TBH.
bigc421

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Holy avatar.

Why do you say it seems like Suh doesn't want to re-sign? I honestly don't see evidence either way TBH.

I certainly have my doubts about Suh's interest in signing here long term, but this is really 100% about the local media. There hasn't been any news on this in along time but they try to make it a daily story. Suh certainly isn't the nicest guy in town but it's just the same old story, superstar player doesn't wilt to the media desires and they all turn on him and do everything in there power to turn the fan base against him as well. Every one in history who doesn't get along with the media ultimately gets painted as a bad person when in actuality it's the media themselves who cross moral and personal lines under the guise(sp) of " doing our job" . If " doing your job" is a common excuse for doing things that would other wise be considered scummy then perhaps you went into the profession because your a scumbag.

Sorry for the rant, the free pass the media gets for defaming people for there own interests drives me crazy
SuhPLEX

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigc421 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Holy avatar.

I certainly have my doubts about Suh's interest in signing here long term, but this is really 100% about the local media. There hasn't been any news on this in along time but they try to make it a daily story. Suh certainly isn't the nicest guy in town but it's just the same old story, superstar player doesn't wilt to the media desires and they all turn on him and do everything in there power to turn the fan base against him as well. Every one in history who doesn't get along with the media ultimately gets painted as a bad person when in actuality it's the media themselves who cross moral and personal lines under the guise(sp) of " doing our job" . If " doing your job" is a common excuse for doing things that would other wise be considered scummy then perhaps you went into the profession because your a scumbag.

Sorry for the rant, the free pass the media gets for defaming people for there own interests drives me crazy

Cruz is one of best WR in the game

detfan782004 wrote:

(Eli) Manning has a new look offense and he has looked really good in it.

wut
DrRay11

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are my feelings on the topic. If Suh wants $15m+ a year, I think we look for a trade... Suh for a high 1st this year (Watkins) and a 3rd this year and 1st next year would be the value I'd seek.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not be upset in the slightest if we moved Suh. I think we as a fan base are attached to Suh not only from a talent standpoint but from a hope standpoint.

He is the first 'elite' player that the organization has drafted on defense in God knows how long. From a logical point of view, signing Suh to a ground breaking contract would cause more long term damage than short term gain IMHO.
bigc421

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
Here are my feelings on the topic. If Suh wants $15m+ a year, I think we look for a trade... Suh for a high 1st this year (Watkins) and a 3rd this year and 1st next year would be the value I'd seek.

That's just not realistic at all. The team that takes him on in a trade would only find themselves in the same predicament we are in. This seems to come up a lot all threw out the league of fans wanting to trade guys when they only have a year left. Your basically asking a team to give up a ton of value( draft picks most likely) just for the right to potentially sign a pending free agent. Even if for arguments sake there was a pre trade sign and trade type deal it still makes littles sense for the other team. The value of signing players to long term mega contracts is debatable as is, now you want the team signing him to throw in a few 1st round picks on top of killing there cap? Would you want to resign Suh if we had to forfeit those picks in order to get a deal done?
d_stanton2lions

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigc421 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Holy avatar.

Pretty much how I feel about it. I don't know one way or the other if Suh is going to sign, I just know he's going to want a lot of money and we are going to have to restructure other players (again) to do that. It takes time to make that happen, I'm fine with it, it's an active part of the modern sports world.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: