Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quick Hypothetical: Suh
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP CITY wrote:
Wouldn't even consider trading Suh for Sammy Watkins. This defense is average at best with Suh, without him they would be atrocious. I don't know how many times I have to keep saying this but... Wide Receiver is not that important of a position, you can get by with less than what we already have in Calvin and Tate. Tate was the #1 WR on the Super Bowl Champions and he's now our #2 WR. Suh is a Top 10 defensive player in the NFL, he's worth alot more than Sammy Watkins.

This is frustrating part with all these people wanting a WR. A really good QB does not need all these high draft picks at WR>

If Stafford can not work with WRs and make them better he is the problem period

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Irish Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will never see how good Suh is until he is gone
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I wouldn't be opposed to trading Suh the last thing I think would be a worthy return is a WR.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
cibowilson

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Heck no. It would take multiple firsts. This Sammy Watkins love is getting insane.

I agree. This is getting out of control. I don't even think Watkins is a once in a decade prospect. He is good and is my top rated Wide-out but no way is he the player or prospect Suh is/was. Suh actually was a once a decade type prospect coming out and he has been lights out since he got here. You can't get rid of talent and expect to get better. And for another WR? I'm sorry but to me that is just dumb. I don't mean to be rude but I think that would be the worst and dumbest decision in a long line of dumb decisions Detroit has made.
cibowilson

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
If another team wanted me to trade Suh for Watkins straight up I'd laugh in their face, buy a plane ticket to where they're at, fly there, and spit in their GM's face.

This might be the single greatest post I have ever seen.
LionsChamps201?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 months ago yes. Not because i think Watkins > Suh, and u like you i dont think Suh is a cancer to the team.Rather it is a money thing. I'd take Watkins plus $22 million in cap space (minus watkins salary)

But now, with free agency over, no. Suh is too good
Calvin-Stafford

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps someone with more knowledge of the situation can correct me if I'm wrong, but the vast majority of Suh's cap hit is already guaranteed, so we still would be left with something in the neighborhood of 19 mil in dead cap if we traded or released Suh?
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvin-Stafford wrote:
Perhaps someone with more knowledge of the situation can correct me if I'm wrong, but the vast majority of Suh's cap hit is already guaranteed, so we still would be left with something in the neighborhood of 19 mil in dead cap if we traded or released Suh?

This year is not the issue.

If Suh is asking for something ridiculous like 50mill per on his new contract or just decided he dislikes winter and refuses to sign with Det, then that could be a problem.

The same people that are dismissing a top 10 pick so offhandedly would crucify Mayhew even further if he turned it down and we only got a 3rd comp pick out of him or worse-nothing.
RIP CITY

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:

The same people that are dismissing a top 10 pick so offhandedly would crucify Mayhew even further if he turned it down and we only got a 3rd comp pick out of him or worse-nothing.

At this point there is no reason to believe that he won't re-sign other than it's taking longer than we all hoped it would. Both sides have said there is interest to get a deal done, unless that changes, it's ridiculous to think about trading Suh. This defense pretty much stinks with him, imagine how bad it will be without him. I'd rather not see what this defense looks like without him, I already can't stand watching this defense now.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsChamps201? wrote:
2 months ago yes. Not because i think Watkins > Suh, and u like you i dont think Suh is a cancer to the team.Rather it is a money thing. I'd take Watkins plus $22 million in cap space (minus watkins salary)

Exactly, it's a moot point. Suh is not going to free up $20m+ in future seasons, probably only around $7m.... so a big NO to the proposal.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
LionsChamps201? wrote:

Exactly, it's a moot point. Suh is not going to free up $20m+ in future seasons, probably only around $7m.... so a big NO to the proposal.

How do you know that? Unless you are a fly on the wall in Mayhew's office, we don't know. These "we heard" and absolutes getting thrown around are ludicrous.

If he is asking for insane money or refuses to sign with us - which is COMPLETELY possible - it would be prudent to get whatever we can and his demands could easily drive that value down.
MrDirt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Suh for the Ram's #2 overall pick?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
LionsChamps201? wrote:

How do you know that? Unless you are a fly on the wall in Mayhew's office, we don't know. These "we heard" and absolutes getting thrown around are ludicrous.

If he is asking for insane money or refuses to sign with us - which is COMPLETELY possible - it would be prudent to get whatever we can and his demands could easily drive that value down.

Okay, you're right. In my opinion, there's about a 90% chance Suh is not going to free up $20m+ in future seasons, probably only around $7m if we get him extended.... so a big NO to the proposal.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why does everyone seem to hate on our defense so much? It's not as bad as some of you are making it out to seem... top half of the league for sure

Cruz is one of best WR in the game

detfan782004 wrote:

(Eli) Manning has a new look offense and he has looked really good in it.

wut
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDirt wrote:
What about Suh for the Ram's #2 overall pick?

That is basically the same thing OP is asking

I want multiple high picks. 1st this/Next and second in one of them if not a stud player.

He is worth many many pieces

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: