Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Warner says he has feels more allegiance toward AZ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcfly

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: Warner says he has feels more allegiance toward AZ Reply with quote

http://www.tmz.com/2014/04/03/kurt-warner-arizona-st-louis-rams-allegiance/

Not sure how I feel about this. I think a petition should be started to get him and torry's numbers retired.
FRO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be surprised if he had more allegiance to us. We cut him after he was 2 time MVP and won a super bowl and 2 conference championships with us. The guys that ran the Rams during his tenure here are all gone. Plus he played more games in Arizona, knows the guys in the building there, and wasn't thrown on his rear when he left there.
SJax39

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FRO wrote:
I would be surprised if he had more allegiance to us. We cut him after he was 2 time MVP and won a super bowl and 2 conference championships with us. The guys that ran the Rams during his tenure here are all gone. Plus he played more games in Arizona, knows the guys in the building there, and wasn't thrown on his rear when he left there.

This.

I hate how we treated him for Marc freakin' Bulger. I would love for us to retire his number.

[b]CLOWNEY WILL NOT MAKE IT PAST #2
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, he wasn't very good in 2002-2003 and wasn't on the field much. He played 2 total games in his last season for us (2003). Its not like we had much of a choice. He honestly wasn't good again until 2007. That said, I'd still think he'd have allegiance to the only team he won a Superbowl with and a team that's "era" is still brought up today. I assure you most of his fame and recognition now is for his time playing for the Greatest Show on Turf.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm honestly angry that he said that. We're the organization that gave him chance to quit stocking groceries for a living. We're the organization he set records with. We're the organization that he won a Super Bowl with. We're the organization and city that put up with his obnoxious wife.

Not to mention, he cried with Coach Vermeil:

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Thad's Castle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FRO wrote:

While it did hurt to hear, I understand why. His best years were with us, and despite having A LOT of success with us, we gave him the boot after a bit of a stumble. And Arizona is a great organization and he was able to go out on top and on his terms. With that said and with what FRO mentioned, I don't really blame him.
jjab360

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we as fans probably need to move on anyway. I've seen a lot of Rams fans who still talk about the GSOT like it was just a couple years ago, when the reality is it was 15 years ago.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
I think we as fans probably need to move on anyway. I've seen a lot of Rams fans who still talk about the GSOT like it was just a couple years ago, when the reality is it was 15 years ago.

It's all we have to hang our hat on. We have been bad every year before and after the GSOT in the nearly 20 year run in St Louis.
torch1980

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the rams did release him unfairly I believe..

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
I'm honestly angry that he said that. We're the organization that gave him chance to quit stocking groceries for a living. We're the organization he set records with. We're the organization that he won a Super Bowl with. We're the organization and city that put up with his obnoxious wife.

Not to mention, he cried with Coach Vermeil:

Think about it like this...who are you more likely to want to remain friends with after everything...
1. The ex-girlfriend that dumped you for another man when you were going through the worst time of your life and then talked trash about your manhood as you were picking up your things and moving out
or
2. The ex-girlfriend that picked you up when you were still going through bad things, helped you to get over it, got you back to your old self, and then you both agreed to a mutual breakup when you realized that as much as you liked each other...you weren't the "one" for each other

It's no shocker that feels more allegiance to Arizona. The Rams cut him for Bulger when he was struggling after leading them to 2 Super Bowls, 1 win, and 2 MVPs. The Cardinals were the team that gave him a shot to redeem himself and brought back the old Warner. And allowed him to go out on HIS terms.

The last part is the most important. They allowed him to go out on his terms.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
El ramster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc Bulger was sick, Don't hate on him.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Marc Bulger was sick, Don't hate on him.

I agree. No need to hate Bulger. At the time when Kurt was injured, and after he was cut, Marc was a pro bowl player for the Rams. It was after Zygmut cut Martz, that Marc and the whole team, started the decline.

"Sometimes two...Sometimes three...That's how many you need and you still can't handle me."
By David "Deacon" Jones.

RAMS MY TEAM TILL THE DAY I DIE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: