Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jrry32 No Trades Mock Draft - 4/4/14
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
As long as we keep Dennard in strictly man coverage I really like the pick.

He's a good zone defender. Off man coverage is what I'd keep him out of. Although if it's like a 5 yard cushion, it's fine. But those 7 to 10 yard cushions we played last year? No me gusta.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
On the real, for all you guys not sure about Abbrederis...just watch this one play:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJrZ2qiAYOs#t=03m45s

Make sure to watch the replay. Look at the route he runs and tell me that you don't think Bradford could make use of that guy. Wink

Yeah, big fan of him personally. I think he offers a lot of what Bailey does, and that isn't a bad thing to have for Sam.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
On the real, for all you guys not sure about Abbrederis...just watch this one play:

Make sure to watch the replay. Look at the route he runs and tell me that you don't think Bradford could make use of that guy. Wink

Yeah, big fan of him personally. I think he offers a lot of what Bailey does, and that isn't a bad thing to have for Sam.

I hadn't seen much of this guy, but he sure makes some precise cuts in his routes. He doesn't sell them at all either. Interesting prospect to say the least. That being said, I see no reason to invest in WR before the late rounds this year. We clearly don't develop them quickly (no pun intended), and we have a roster full of guys who need snaps.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

I hadn't seen much of this guy, but he sure makes some precise cuts in his routes. He doesn't sell them at all either. Interesting prospect to say the least. That being said, I see no reason to invest in WR before the late rounds this year. We clearly don't develop them quickly (no pun intended), and we have a roster full of guys who need snaps.

Can't argue with that. A later guy like Eric Thomas would be nice. You still liking him Jerry? I hadn't even heard of him prior to your mock a while back, and liked what I saw.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean tip them? Because he definitely sells them. This isn't like Brandon Gibson who was a precise route running but not a great one.

jjab360

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whitlock is an interesting choice. Any chance he'll be playing any defense if we draft him? The guy was a beast for Wake Forest last year even if he is ridiculously small to play D-lineman in the NFL.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
Whitlock is an interesting choice. Any chance he'll be playing any defense if we draft him? The guy was a beast for Wake Forest last year even if he is ridiculously small to play D-lineman in the NFL.

Nah. He's just too small to play DL and not quite athletic enough to play LB.

He's a really good option at FB, though, because it makes good use of his motor, strength, and nastiness with him also being perfect size for the position.

But I'm sure he'd play a lot of special teams for us.

Flatlyner wrote:

Can't argue with that. A later guy like Eric Thomas would be nice. You still liking him Jerry? I hadn't even heard of him prior to your mock a while back, and liked what I saw.

I do. Still have him rated the same.

The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean tip them? Because he definitely sells them. This isn't like Brandon Gibson who was a precise route running but not a great one.

Yes, I meant his doesn't tip his routes. He's very convincing.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Yes, I meant his doesn't tip his routes. He's very convincing.

Gotcha. I agree. Like the used car salesman of route runners. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: