Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Whispers about a QB at 24
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DatDudeKB3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: Whispers about a QB at 24 Reply with quote

Was killing some time by checking out the mocks on CBS. Pat Kirwan selected Dee Ford for us, but had this to say

He put on a clinic at the Senior Bowl and he could replace the departed Michael Johnson. Someone whispered to me that the Bengals could take a QB here, if the right one fell to them. Im not buying it yet."

I wouldn't put too much into it, but I found that comment interesting enough to share. Thoughts?
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manziel and Carr could potentially be there. Bridgewater was rumored to be falling (I dont buy it) but if he is there I would be insanely upset if we passed on him

In the end, I doubt we go that route unless Bortles/Bridgewater are there

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
sparky151

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Whispers about a QB at 24 Reply with quote

DatDudeKB3 wrote:
Was killing some time by checking out the mocks on CBS. Pat Kirwan selected Dee Ford for us, but had this to say

He put on a clinic at the Senior Bowl and he could replace the departed Michael Johnson. Someone whispered to me that the Bengals could take a QB here, if the right one fell to them. Im not buying it yet."

I wouldn't put too much into it, but I found that comment interesting enough to share. Thoughts?

It would make a lot of sense if Dalton hasn't been extended before the draft. The team doesn't need to reach for a QB but if there's a guy they have rated as a top 24 player, he should be in the conversation along with whoever else is available.
Hokie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be totally opposed to it if Carr fell to 24 (I don't think any of the other three have a shot), but I'll believe it when I see it. I think we go QB in the 3rd/4th. Place your bets on Murray!
zacapr22

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless Bridgewater or Bortles are there, I don't want one. If our staff really likes Carr then sure because I trust them. No way I see us reaching for someone like Mettenberger, McCarron, Garoppollo, Boyd, or Murray.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Manziel and Carr could potentially be there. Bridgewater was rumored to be falling (I dont buy it) but if he is there I would be insanely upset if we passed on him

In the end, I doubt we go that route unless Bortles/Bridgewater are there

I would LOVE Teddy at 24. I'd be good with Carr too. Not a Manziel guy though, I guess if the staff sees something in him I'd be ok with it.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokie wrote:
I wouldn't be totally opposed to it if Carr fell to 24 (I don't think any of the other three have a shot), but I'll believe it when I see it. I think we go QB in the 3rd/4th. Place your bets on Murray!

Agree 'Hokie'.

I think most folks here know I generally like what Dalton has brought to the table so far, but seeing the sort of (ridiculous) numbers being thrown around, I'll make this prediction.

If Dalton hasn't signed a new long deal by draft day, they will take a QB @ 24. As much as I like Dalton, everyone has his price, and I think Mike Brown knows what that number is....... he will call Daltons bluff......

In other news, have we signed Sanzenbacher yet, or are we all on the Dri Archer bandwagon ?
wrminning

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's more likely that the Bengal's trade the pick to someone who needs a QB if one of the top guys are still onboard. I can see this Houston takes Clowney then trade with Bengals to jump in front of Browns, Bengals get Houston's Second and Third. If Houston takes Clowney they will be looking to move back into the first so it could happen, they need a QB badly!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrminning wrote:
they need a QB badly!

Many argue we do too......
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
wrminning wrote:
they need a QB badly!

No where near the same need. They have absolutely no one.

sparky151

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
wrminning wrote:
they need a QB badly!

They signed Fitzpatrick, who played fairly well for Tennessee after Locker got hurt. No doubt the Texans will take a QB early but Fitzpatrick may well be the opening day starter.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky151 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
wrminning wrote:
they need a QB badly!

They signed Fitzpatrick, who played fairly well for Tennessee after Locker got hurt. No doubt the Texans will take a QB early but Fitzpatrick may well be the opening day starter.

But fitz is a stop gap. Dalton has been better in the 3 year nfl career than fitz has ever been. Our need is no where close to theirs

sparky151

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, Fitzpatrick isn't the long term solution in Houston, but he'll be a good backup once the new guy is ready and a decent bridge until the new guy is ready. So Houston doesn't have to take a QB at #1.
wrminning

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky151 wrote:
Sure, Fitzpatrick isn't the long term solution in Houston, but he'll be a good backup once the new guy is ready and a decent bridge until the new guy is ready. So Houston doesn't have to take a QB at #1.

Houston is looking for a quick turn around they aren't going to depend on a guy that couldn't make it at Buffalo or Tennessee. If Houston takes Clowney they will be moving back into the First. They didn't get rid of Staub to settle for a QB that is even more of a Backup. Fitzgerald is being brought in as a veteran backup to a rookie QB.

Last edited by wrminning on Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I have been hearing is this:

Quote:
"More and more feels Bengals a perfect match for Bradley Roby." - Paul Dehner, Cincinnati Enquirer

So if anything, the Bengals will be taking the best CB in the draft. Justin Gilbert, Darqueze Dennard, Bradley Roby, Kyle Fuller, or Jason Verrett. One of those guys should be there at 24, so right now it sounds like they will take whomever is left. I don't see more than one of these guys falling at 24.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: