Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you take Johnny Manziel *#14*
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SLCbear

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:13 am    Post subject: Would you take Johnny Manziel *#14* Reply with quote

I would draft him 100/100 times at #14

I see him as a smaller more instinctive Steve Young that is absolutely going to dominate the NFL for a long time. If this freaking guy was 6'+ he'd be in Canton already ha>

What are scouts and the Houston Texans(dude's hometown)waiting for; plain disrespectful if you ask me!!
<<<I knew that APeterson was going to be the first Frosh to win the Heisman a few years back; but when he got shafted, I realized first-hand how the voting was stacked! Johnny Manziel finally set the Precedent and did so without any further question!!

He is a cool, good looking kid that could be getting into all kinds of trouble as a teenager; but his trouble is getting kicked out of Manning's summer camp lmao! Just Imagine what Marc Trestman could do with this guy Exclamation

**Beellicieeek just met with JM, BBortles and BrWater; either they are finally trading up with all the picks they've stockpiled, or they know something about these guys being available later on..
..I'm guessing the latter

ADOPT-A-BEAR #23KyleFuller *INT3 / PD6 / FF3 / COMB33

Last edited by SLCbear on Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:22 am; edited 2 times in total
CBears019

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not take him at 14.

SLCbear wrote:

**Beellicieeek just met with JM, BBortles and BrWater; either they are finally trading up with all the picks they've stockpiled, or they know something about these guys being available later on..

Never read into what Belicheck does. He is the ultimate troll, I'd bet he's seeing all these QBs just to stir up the media. If one of them happens to fall into the second round maybe Bill makes a move to find Brady's heir, maybe not.

Quote:

He is a cool, good looking kid . . .

Hardly my concern.

Quote:
. . .that could be getting into all kinds of trouble as a teenager; but his trouble is getting kicked out of Manning's summer camp lmao

True, he hasn't killed anyone, hasn't been arrested for DUI, hasn't been arrested for drugs, or even arrested at all as far as I'm concerned. But he's arrogant and with all of his antics I see him as a me-first type of player. Not the kind of guy I want on this team.

Above all else, we have so many needs on defense that taking a QB (whom I don't think will translate well to the NFL) at 14 would set us back several years. Sure, Trestman could work with him, but if Trestman could help Josh McCown of all people have the season he did then he could work with any number of the QBs in this class, not just Manziel.

We just agreed to pay Cutler $100M+, we're not taking a QB at 14. IF Manziel is on the board at 14 Emery is calling every team with any doubt at the QB position and seeing what they'll pay to trade up for him. I want no part of this kid.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
DABEARSLCF04

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Bigger fish to fry then a QB in the first for DA Bears.

Adopt a Bear.... Ka'Deem Carey.... HB.... Arizona
22att for 97 yards 4.4avg. HALL OF FAME!
Pinky

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks, no interest.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope…I would use him to get a team like the Browns to trade up tho...

If we could get #26 & both their 3rd round picks we should snap their hand off...

Then do this...

#26...Kyle Fuller...CB...6-0" 190...Virginia Tech
#51...Deone Bucannon...S...6-1" 218...Washington State
#71...C.J. Fiedorowicz...TE...6-6" 265...Iowa
#82...Ego Ferguson...DT...6-3" 315...LSU
#83...Bruce Ellington...WR...5-9" 197...South Carolina
#117...George Uko...DT...6-3" 285...USC
#156...Jordan Tripp...LB...6-3" 235...Montana
#183...Ross Cockrell...CB...6-0" 190...Duke
#191...Pat O'Donnell...P...6-4" 220...Miami
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:

If we could get #26 & both their 3rd round picks we should snap their hand off...

Then do this...

I think we could do better than Ellington at 83 with a WR but I'd be really happy with this draft.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Then do this...

I think we could do better than Ellington at 83 with a WR but I'd be really happy with this draft.

Ellington is a guy who is really growing on me…his explosiveness is just the perfect complement to what we already have at the WRs spots and I think he could be used in multiple ways under Trestman…love his toughness as well.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Would you take Johnny Manziel *#14* Reply with quote

SLCbear wrote:

I see him as a smaller more instinctive Steve Young that is absolutely going to dominate the NFL for a long time. If this freaking guy was 6'+ he'd be in Canton already ha>

What are scouts and the Houston Texans(dude's hometown)waiting for; plain disrespectful if you ask me!!
<<<I knew that APeterson was going to be the first Frosh to win the Heisman a few years back; but when he got shafted, I realized first-hand how the voting was stacked! Johnny Manziel finally set the Precedent and did so without any further question!!

He is a cool, good looking kid that could be getting into all kinds of trouble as a teenager; but his trouble is getting kicked out of Manning's summer camp lmao! Just Imagine what Marc Trestman could do with this guy Exclamation

I do not doubt that Emery would snap this guy up if he were available. Those who have downgraded him consistently as to his draft position will be shocked when he goes more higher. I would not be shocked if he were the first player drafted much less the first quarterback. Our manuvering in free agency has increased the possibility that we will actually draft an offensive player. I still think our first pick will be a defensive tackle but we won't pass on a chance for Johnny and the possiblity to set up a fantastic offense for the next decade.
topwop1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No no and no.

And he won't be available at #14 anyway.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Would you take Johnny Manziel *#14* Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
SLCbear wrote:

I do not doubt that Emery would snap this guy up if he were available. Those who have downgraded him consistently as to his draft position will be shocked when he goes more higher. I would not be shocked if he were the first player drafted much less the first quarterback. Our manuvering in free agency has increased the possibility that we will actually draft an offensive player. I still think our first pick will be a defensive tackle but we won't pass on a chance for Johnny and the possiblity to set up a fantastic offense for the next decade.

I can't imagine the Bears investing $54M guaranteed in Cutler and then 4 months later taking Manziel at 14. Now, if the absurd happens and he's still there at 51, then maybe. MAYBE. It's more likely that I'll give birth to a litter of kittens than it is for the Bears to take Manziel at 14.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Would you take Johnny Manziel *#14* Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
I can't imagine the Bears investing $54M guaranteed in Cutler and then 4 months later taking Manziel at 14.

That's pretty much it. I know people could make the "Rodgers sitting behind Favre" comparison, but I don't see Emery using a 1st round pick on a QB when he still has to few years of commitment left to Cutler.
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not with DT, CB and safety still bigger needs. We'll draft a QB in the mid to late rounds and it wont be Johnny football. If by chance hes there at 14, I bet our phone will be ringing though.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Would you take Johnny Manziel *#14* Reply with quote

SLCbear wrote:

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Sugashane

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At 14, no. I love his athletic ability, but I just don't want him leading a locker room.
The march for 2,000 All Purpose Yards
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Would you take Johnny Manziel *#14* Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
SLCbear wrote:

I can't imagine the Bears investing $54M guaranteed in Cutler and then 4 months later taking Manziel at 14. Now, if the absurd happens and he's still there at 51, then maybe. MAYBE. It's more likely that I'll give birth to a litter of kittens than it is for the Bears to take Manziel at 14.
Even I say no since we invested so much in Jay. In theory I would since he does have that it factor.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: