Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

MrCincinnati's Mock Draft 5.0 and Bengals Picks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: MrCincinnati's Mock Draft 5.0 and Bengals Picks Reply with quote

I haven't done one of these in a while. But like always, here are my 9 Bengal picks, as well as my whole 1st round projection

1.Kony Ealy DE Missouri - DE is not my top choice by any means, but its what I see the Bengals leaning towards more. Dee Ford is still on the board and might make more sense, but I think Ealy is better.

2.Jaylen Walker CB Florida - I see CB as a need being addressed no later than the 2nd round. Even though whomever gets drafted at CB very early for the Bengals might start out as the 5th guy, sooner or later he could end up being the nickle when injuries pile up.

3.Joel Bitonio OT Nevada - I'm not convinced that the depth at OT is safe enough, because Newhouse is probably better off as an OG. That only leaves Hawkinson as the possible backup at either OT spot. Drafting an OT somewhere here will be good for depth and future starter purposes.

4.Aaron Murray QB Georgia - It seems very likely that Murray is the guy the Bengals will want to draft as some competition here at QB. Some will think that the Bengals will only go with 2 QB's, but I say they go with 3 this year.

5.Storm Johnson RB UCF - More options at RB is a need for this team. Johnson could end up being the #3 RB above both Peerman and Burkhead if drafted here.

6a.Deandre Coleman DT California - This guy had some potential till he got hurt. A nice practice squad edition would be great, since they might need to lean on other DT's if the injuries hit.

6b.Howard Jones OLB Sheppard - Another practice squad pick. But most will probably disagree since the Bengals would prefer undrafted rookies as LB's.

7a.Cornelius Lucas OT Kansas State - Practice Squad OL player would be great.

7b.Devekeyan Lattimore ILB South Florida - Same thing I said before about the other LB pick.

xxxxx

And here is my entire 1st round, so everyone see where the pieces will fall place.

1. HOU Jadeveon Clowney DE South Carolina
2. STL Greg Robinson OT Auburn
3. JAC Sammy Watkins WR Clemson
4. CLE Blake Bortles QB UCF
5. OAK Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville
6. ATL Jake Matthews OT Texas A&M
7. TB Taylor Lewan OT Michigan
8. MIN Johnny Manziel QB Texas A&M
9. BUF Khalil Mack OLB Buffalo
10. DET Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State
11. TEN Anthony Barr OLB UCLA
12. NYG Zack Martin OT Notre Dame
13. STL Ha Ha Clinton-Dix FS Alabama
14. CHI Timmy Jernigan NT Florida State
15. PIT Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
16. DAL Aaron Donald DT Pittsburgh
17. BAL Calvin Pryor FS Louisville
18. NYJ Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
19. MIA C.J Mosley ILB Alabama
20. ARI Kyle Fuller CB Virginia Tech
21. GB Ra’Shede Hageman DT Minnesota
22. PHI Bradley Roby CB Ohio State
23. KC Odell Beckham WR LSU
24. CIN Kony Ealy DE Missouri
25. SD Marqise Lee WR USC
26. CLE Brandin Cooks WR Oregon State
27. NO Dee Ford DE Auburn
28. CAR Kelvin Benjamin WR Florida State
29. NE Louis Nix NT Notre Dame
30. SF Jason Verrett CB TCU
31. DEN Xavier Su’A-Filo OG UCLA
32. SEA David Yankey OG Stanford
wrminning

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not a fan of this draft
1. I don't see the need for a DE this early plus we need help at OG and none have been selected by our pick in your draft. Plus you didn't draft a OG at ALL
2. I agree we need a CB. I hope someone better then Walker is available!
3.you are wrong about Newhouse, he's a fair OT and a horrible OG
4. No problem I like Murray

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrminning wrote:
not a fan of this draft
1. I don't see the need for a DE this early plus we need help at OG and none have been selected by our pick in your draft. Plus you didn't draft a OG at ALL
2. I agree we need a CB. I hope someone better then Walker is available!
3.you are wrong about Newhouse, he's a fair OT and a horrible OG
4. No problem I like Murray

Me either. I'm OK with ealy, but not enamored.

Walker wasd like the third or fourth CB on FLAs defense, how can he help us that much initially?

I'm OK with Bitonio, but as posted above, Newhouse will take Collins' role of swing tackle. I'm fine with grooming Joel to eventually replace Whit.

Murray is the safest third day pick to mock to us. it's inevitable.
Hokie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the mock, but not crazy about it. I like how you addressed DE/OL/CB/QB all in the first four rounds. Ealy is solid but I'd rather have Tuitt. Watkins is a nice prospect but I think the 2nd is a round too high for him. Bitonio would be a very solid selection in the 3rd, as would Murray in the 4th.

Overall, I'd be okay if this was our draft. Same general direction I would have went, just with different prospects.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is late on posting responses, but instead of replying to everyone, here's my thoughts.

*I already said I don't want a DE very early, but mock drafts aren't about what WE want.

*OG isn't a huge need. Newhouse is listed as an OG on the Bengals website now, and he said he is expecting to play multiple positions. If hes not moved at OG, then I think Robinson will and they draft a C early.

*CB's are gonna go off the board early. If they don't take one in the 1st round, they might have to overdraft someone in the 2nd.

*Tuitt isnt a 1st round prospect anymore IMO. I don't know what happened to him but he has fallen

Gonna update a new one this Wednesday. Now I'm leaning back to taking a CB in the 1st round.
Hokie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
I know this is late on posting responses, but instead of replying to everyone, here's my thoughts.

*I already said I don't want a DE very early, but mock drafts aren't about what WE want.

*OG isn't a huge need. Newhouse is listed as an OG on the Bengals website now, and he said he is expecting to play multiple positions. If hes not moved at OG, then I think Robinson will and they draft a C early.

*CB's are gonna go off the board early. If they don't take one in the 1st round, they might have to overdraft someone in the 2nd.

*Tuitt isnt a 1st round prospect anymore IMO. I don't know what happened to him but he has fallen

Gonna update a new one this Wednesday. Now I'm leaning back to taking a CB in the 1st round.

I think OG is a huge need. We currently have one big question mark at LG. Who's going to start? We have Boling coming off an ACL tear and Pollack is apparently moving to C. I sincerely hope we are not planning on rolling with Newhouse or Robinson at LG.

I've seen plenty of mocks with Tuitt going in the 1st. If you're going to say he's not a 1st round prospect anymore you should have something to back it up, IMO. I know he had surgery for a foot injury that kept him out of the combine, but apparently the issue is resolved and he'll be good to go. Keep in mind that there's always a number of prospects who go much higher or lower than the mocks have them projected. It's all about how a team has a prospect evaluated, not how the gurus like Kiper have them evaluated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: