Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears Pre Draft Visits
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G08

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
G08 wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
RT @BradBiggs: Virginia Tech CB Kyle Fuller is visiting #Bears today at Halas Hall per NFL source

Nice find, thanks!

This begs the question: Has Phil Emery ever brought in his eventual first round draft pick into Halas Hall for a visit?

I know he did with Alshon Jeffery and Evan Rodriguez, to name a few, but they obviously weren't first rounders.
Kyle Fuller is a 2nd round talent. He's moved up boards during the predraft "don't believe anything you hear" time.

Is that not Phil Emery's MO?

Peanut is on a one-year deal and broke down last season; corner is a huge need for us moving forward. I'm partial to Dennard but would not be surprised if Fuller was the pick.

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
G08 wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
RT @BradBiggs: Virginia Tech CB Kyle Fuller is visiting #Bears today at Halas Hall per NFL source

Nice find, thanks!

This begs the question: Has Phil Emery ever brought in his eventual first round draft pick into Halas Hall for a visit?

I know he did with Alshon Jeffery and Evan Rodriguez, to name a few, but they obviously weren't first rounders.
Kyle Fuller is a 2nd round talent. He's moved up boards during the predraft "don't believe anything you hear" time.

Not true. Dane Brugler from CBS has long had him as his top CB.
G08

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
G08 wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:

Nice find, thanks!

Mayock goes Dennard 1 and Fuller 2.

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
G08 wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:

Nice find, thanks!

Ok so one person then? For the last 6 months this guy is a fringe top 50 guy. Then he has an ok offseason. Runs a 4.5 which is fine, it's how he plays but how does that jump you up most peoples boards? Because all the "internet" guys are hearing from there "sources" that he's a first rounder. To bad all these sources do is lie this time of year.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our GM seems to like the H/W/S upside guys in round 1. Where does Fuller fit there? Fuller is still a 2nd rounder to me.
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
G08 wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:

Nice find, thanks!

Ok so one person then? For the last 6 months this guy is a fringe top 50 guy. Then he has an ok offseason. Runs a 4.5 which is fine, it's how he plays but how does that jump you up most peoples boards? Because all the "internet" guys are hearing from there "sources" that he's a first rounder. To bad all these sources do is lie this time of year.

And had you read the post under mine, Mayock has him #2.

By no means would I back the selection of Kyle Fuller at 14, but if Emery trades back- maybe with SF or CLE- then I wouldn't hate the pick.
G08

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Eagles apparently love Kyle Fuller so if that is who Emery wants, he will more than likely have to pick him at #14.

WindyCity wrote:
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
G08 wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:

Nice find, thanks!

By no means would I back the selection of Kyle Fuller at 14, but if Emery trades back- maybe with SF or CLE- then I wouldn't hate the pick.
He has him #2 now. Mayock also takes scouts opinions into account when doing his big boards. Everyone does. That's why you see so many changes and significant changes the day of and days before the actual draft.
G08

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
G08 wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:

Nice find, thanks!

He has him #2 now. Mayock also takes scouts opinions into account when doing his big boards. Everyone does. That's why you see so many changes and significant changes the day of and days before the actual draft.

No offense DM but I'm going with Mayock Laughing

WindyCity wrote:
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As more and more research was done Fuller climbed boards.

That is a positive for me.

Rankings in January mean less to me because they are based on a to. Of raw data that has not been analyzed and discussed. It is like using someone's mid term mark rather than the final exam.

Fuller is a good player and would make the defense better.

He played WLB against Georgia Tech and played well, he is physical as a CB can get.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
G08 wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:

Nice find, thanks!

I would too if I were you. I just don't think he's our type of guy and I don't see him being worth a 1st for us right now. I think we have much bigger needs at UT, S and even DE. I'm all for a CB but I think he's a big reach at #14. There's 14 better players in this draft.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering DaMike...but why Fuller as a 2nd rounder? From everything I've seen he is a very good tackler and he looks equally as good in coverage.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Just wondering DaMike...but why Fuller as a 2nd rounder? From everything I've seen he is a very good tackler and he looks equally as good in coverage.
He is good all around player who profiles as a potential #2 boundary corner. I don't see him as a nickel. More of an outside guy only which is fine. He's just not a hip pocket guy imo. He doesn't have the athleticism to stick with the NFL elite athletes. He's far and away behind Denard when comparing there abilities to stick with there guys in man coverage. If I'm looking for a press man corner who can cover and trail, it's not him if I'm spending a top 15 pick. He has potential and is a good player and that's why I could take him top 50 but this is to good of a draft top even consider him at #14.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
He is good all around player who profiles as a potential #2 boundary corner. I don't see him as a nickel. More of an outside guy only which is fine. He's just not a hip pocket guy imo. He doesn't have the athleticism to stick with the NFL elite athletes. He's far and away behind Denard when comparing there abilities to stick with there guys in man coverage. If I'm looking for a press man corner who can cover and trail, it's not him if I'm spending a top 15 pick. He has potential and is a good player and that's why I could take him top 50 but this is to good of a draft top even consider him at #14.

That's fair...I had him in the late first.I wouldnt take him at 14 but I think some team taking him in the late 20's will be happy with the player they get. Like you said I dont think he has that upside of the top two corners. But I think he will be in the league for quite while.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
G08 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
G08 wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:

Nice find, thanks!

I would too if I were you. I just don't think he's our type of guy and I don't see him being worth a 1st for us right now. I think we have much bigger needs at UT, S and even DE. I'm all for a CB but I think he's a big reach at #14. There's 14 better players in this draft.

I agree he's not a top 15 prospect but I disagree that he's our type of guy. I think his skill set is pretty similar to that of Tillman actually and he was an early 2. I think that's probably about where Fuller belongs too.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 5 of 14

Jump to: