Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears Pre Draft Visits
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
As long as we go defense in rounds 1-3 I am okay with anything after that.

Thomas would be a nice 4th round pick and he would give Marc Trestman another wrinkle for defenses to prepare for.

In Canada he used these little scat guys with a lot of success and in interesting ways.

I don't think you can pigeonhole it just like that with having to take defense. IMO if Carlos Hyde is there when we pick it 51 I think we have to take him because we have nothing but an undrafted rookie behind Forte and because at the moment we are a Forte injury away from being really messed up on offense. At age 28 Forte is probably basically a year-to-year deal at this point because most running backs start to fall off sharply right around now so getting a future feature back in is something we really need to look into right now. I don't expect Hyde to be there at 51 but a guy I think could be there at our 3rd rounder is Terrence West of Towson. I'd really like us picking him up there.

Hyde at 51 would be a waste and West will still be there for Chicago in the 4th.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Thomas would be a nice 4th round pick and he would give Marc Trestman another wrinkle for defenses to prepare for.

In Canada he used these little scat guys with a lot of success and in interesting ways.

I don't think you can pigeonhole it just like that with having to take defense. IMO if Carlos Hyde is there when we pick it 51 I think we have to take him because we have nothing but an undrafted rookie behind Forte and because at the moment we are a Forte injury away from being really messed up on offense. At age 28 Forte is probably basically a year-to-year deal at this point because most running backs start to fall off sharply right around now so getting a future feature back in is something we really need to look into right now. I don't expect Hyde to be there at 51 but a guy I think could be there at our 3rd rounder is Terrence West of Towson. I'd really like us picking him up there.

Hyde at 51 would be a waste and West will still be there for Chicago in the 4th.

Why do you think Hyde is a waste at 51? Do you think he's overrated? That it's not a need? Both? Other? Please elaborate.

Also, welcome to the forum.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're talking running backs I would love to see us get our hands on Tre Mason out of Auburn.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Why do you think Hyde is a waste at 51? Do you think he's overrated? That it's not a need? Both? Other? Please elaborate.

I think Hyde is a good player, but why should the Bears take a RB at 51? Even if they get Donald at 14 or HHCD at 14 to fill one of their 2 biggest weaknesses, that still leaves the other as a need for 51. An example would be if they get Donald in R1, then maybe they go Deone Bucannon or Jimmie Ward at 51, or if they take HHCD at 14, they probably look at someone like Anthony Johnson in R2.

There are teams who need a back (Miami comes to mind) that could use Hyde in the 2nd. I could understand if Forte was 32/33 and showing signs of a decline, but he's not. I'd rather use a 4th-6th on a RB (Williams, West, Sims).
SOCalBearsFan54

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
If we're talking running backs I would love to see us get our hands on Tre Mason out of Auburn.

Tre mason would be a nice addition and would be a solid back up. I really like Bishop Sankey out of Washington. He's a strong runner and is strong in pass protection. I just don't see Phil taking a RB in the early rounds with all the defensive needs we still have.

2014 Adopt a Bear: WR Brandon Marshall #15
Rec- 49 Yards- 586 TDs- 8 Tgts- 86
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

I think Hyde is a good player, but why should the Bears take a RB at 51? Even if they get Donald at 14 or HHCD at 14 to fill one of their 2 biggest weaknesses, that still leaves the other as a need for 51. An example would be if they get Donald in R1, then maybe they go Deone Bucannon or Jimmie Ward at 51, or if they take HHCD at 14, they probably look at someone like Anthony Johnson in R2.

There are teams who need a back (Miami comes to mind) that could use Hyde in the 2nd. I could understand if Forte was 32/33 and showing signs of a decline, but he's not. I'd rather use a 4th-6th on a RB (Williams, West, Sims).

I don't disagree about filling needs at 51 and wouldn't complain taking any of the guys you specified there either but the draft isn't only about filling what you think is your biggest need but also about taking the best players. Hyde would also make us better, both as a future starter and insurance against Forte wearing down (a real concern for me even if it hasn't shown up yet - historically RBs with his level of touches start to hit the wall right now). I like the later round guys you mentioned but have more concerns about whether any of them can be a feature back down the road than I do with Hyde, and I wouldn't oppose taking a guy before we need him to be ready to step into an integral role in the Trestman offense (especially at a good value) than being caught without a guy who's ready if that time comes sooner than we all hope.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCalBearsFan54 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

Tre mason would be a nice addition and would be a solid back up. I really like Bishop Sankey out of Washington. He's a strong runner and is strong in pass protection. I just don't see Phil taking a RB in the early rounds with all the defensive needs we still have.

Sankey looks to be a really good fit. Don't most people have a 2nd round grade on him though?
SOCalBearsFan54

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
SOCalBearsFan54 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

Sankey looks to be a really good fit. Don't most people have a 2nd round grade on him though?

Yeah that seems to be the consensus.

2014 Adopt a Bear: WR Brandon Marshall #15
Rec- 49 Yards- 586 TDs- 8 Tgts- 86
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a really big fan of Marion Grice from ASU. I think he can be a solid #2 and could be there in the late rounds 5th/6th.
MemphisBear

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raijon Neal(sp?) round 7... Oh wait.
G08

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
RT @BradBiggs: Virginia Tech CB Kyle Fuller is visiting #Bears today at Halas Hall per NFL source

Nice find, thanks!

This begs the question: Has Phil Emery ever brought in his eventual first round draft pick into Halas Hall for a visit?

I know he did with Alshon Jeffery and Evan Rodriguez, to name a few, but they obviously weren't first rounders.

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.

Halfway point and you are correct.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
RT @BradBiggs: Virginia Tech CB Kyle Fuller is visiting #Bears today at Halas Hall per NFL source

Nice find, thanks!

This begs the question: Has Phil Emery ever brought in his eventual first round draft pick into Halas Hall for a visit?

I know he did with Alshon Jeffery and Evan Rodriguez, to name a few, but they obviously weren't first rounders.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-04-26/sports/chi-bears-quotes-kyle-long-20130425_1_open-mind-opportunity-bears-quotes

Quote:
On his predraft visit with the Bears:

“I wasn’t surprised I ended up being picked by the Bears. I had a great visit with Coach Kromer and I really enjoyed my time in Chicago. I had a great opportunity to sit down and get to know the people within the building. I got to O’Hare, I was getting ready to fly back home and I had a great feeling about Chicago. Obviously, Coach Kromer is a great coach and I’m looking forward to the opportunity to try to earn the respect of my teammates and hopefully be able to help the Chicago Bears.”
On why he didn’t expect to be drafted this high

“You never really expect to go -- I was just trying to keep an open mind. In high school I sat through 23 rounds of the Major League Baseball draft waiting to hear my name called every pick, so I just tried to keep my expectations pretty low and keep an open mind about what happens, but I was so thrilled and I was ecstatic to hear the Chicago Bears drafted me.”

ConVict90

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love getting our hands on a guy like De'Anthony Thomas in the 3rd round. He would be a solid substitution on ST for Hester and having Thomas catching passes out of the back field or in the slot would give Trestman a new weapon to his high octane offense.

TCKL-
SCK-
FF-
INT-
G08

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
G08 wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:

Nice find, thanks!

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-04-26/sports/chi-bears-quotes-kyle-long-20130425_1_open-mind-opportunity-bears-quotes

Quote:
On his predraft visit with the Bears:

“I wasn’t surprised I ended up being picked by the Bears. I had a great visit with Coach Kromer and I really enjoyed my time in Chicago. I had a great opportunity to sit down and get to know the people within the building. I got to O’Hare, I was getting ready to fly back home and I had a great feeling about Chicago. Obviously, Coach Kromer is a great coach and I’m looking forward to the opportunity to try to earn the respect of my teammates and hopefully be able to help the Chicago Bears.”
On why he didn’t expect to be drafted this high

“You never really expect to go -- I was just trying to keep an open mind. In high school I sat through 23 rounds of the Major League Baseball draft waiting to hear my name called every pick, so I just tried to keep my expectations pretty low and keep an open mind about what happens, but I was so thrilled and I was ecstatic to hear the Chicago Bears drafted me.”

Sounds like McLovin had a private workout with the Beloved as well.

Interesting.

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.

Halfway point and you are correct.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:

Nice find, thanks!

Kyle Fuller is a 2nd round talent. He's moved up boards during the predraft "don't believe anything you hear" time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 4 of 14

Jump to: