Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears Pre Draft Visits
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Bears Pre Draft Visits Reply with quote

S Calvin Pryor
S Deonne Bucannon
SOCalBearsFan54

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan Lynch

The former Northern Illinois quarterback told CBSChicago.com Wednesday that he has a workout scheduled with the Bears April 18 and it’s “strictly for quarterback,” he said.

2014 Adopt a Bear: WR Brandon Marshall #15
Rec- Yards- TDs- Yac-
bkokot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCalBearsFan54 wrote:
Jordan Lynch

The former Northern Illinois quarterback told CBSChicago.com Wednesday that he has a workout scheduled with the Bears April 18 and it’s “strictly for quarterback,” he said.

He'd be an interesting project if we could sign him as a UDFA, don't think I'd be happy if we used a pick on him though. We'd probably be an easy choice for him given that he's from the area, and went to college in the area as well.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pryor and Bucannon make sense as both are explosive playmakers and big hitters.

Emery talks about big game changing of defining plays And that is what these guys do with their hitting and the fact that both generate turnovers.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucannon is one of my surprise 1st round guys, later 1st.

He is a ferocious hitter who also generated double digit take always last season.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Bucannon is one of my surprise 1st round guys, later 1st.

He is a ferocious hitter who also generated double digit take always last season.

One of the biggest / fastest safeties in this draft, and he has the numbers against top level competition to back it up.

Big fan of his.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
Bears54

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: hmmm.... Reply with quote

How would you guys feel if Emery drafted Pryor in the 1st round and Bucannon in the 2nd round?

We drafted 2 hard hitting safties that are both over 6ft and can also cover as well. We could be like Seattle and be our version of Earl Thomas and Cam Chancellor.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: hmmm.... Reply with quote

Bears54 wrote:
How would you guys feel if Emery drafted Pryor in the 1st round and Bucannon in the 2nd round?

We drafted 2 hard hitting safties that are both over 6ft and can also cover as well. We could be like Seattle and be our version of Earl Thomas and Cam Chancellor.

I don't want to draft a safety at 14 - I surely don't want to draft one at 14 & 51. The position doesn't deserve that much 'investment' in this draft.

ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Pryor and Bucannon make sense as both are explosive playmakers and big hitters.

Emery talks about big game changing of defining plays And that is what these guys do with their hitting and the fact that both generate turnovers.
I am of the era of the most ferocious hitters like Plank and Brown. The latter's end makes me skeptical of the ability to keep them healthy. Brown's absence due to injury for the SB was critical and probably cost us the game.

Lynch may well be a 6th or 7th pick for us. He is a talented kid and Coach Marc could do wonders with him.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm.... Reply with quote

Bears54 wrote:

I would not like this at all. Safeties are made by the DL play and are rarely worth such high picks. I have loved many of our safeties but only one was a first round pick. Mark Carrier was the only 1st round safety we drafted and he was worth it. Tony Parrish, Mike Brown and Danielle Manning were all 2d rd, Dave Duerson - 3d, Todd Bell - 4th, Shaun Gayle - 10th, Doug Plank -12th, and Gary Fencik wasn't even drafted. These are our best safeties of the modern era.
[/img]
topwop1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smokescreen or legit news?
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:

I don't think its a smokescreen that we're looking at Safeties. I'm sure Bucannon is someone they're considering.

topwop1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:

I don't think its a smokescreen that we're looking at Safeties. I'm sure Bucannon is someone they're considering.

I don't doubt they're interested in safeties but I just don't see Pryor as an option at #14. Maybe it's a move to try and get some other team to trade up to the Bears spot or it could be that they're really interested in Pryor in perhaps a trade down scenario.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkokot wrote:
SOCalBearsFan54 wrote:
Jordan Lynch

He'd be an interesting project if we could sign him as a UDFA, don't think I'd be happy if we used a pick on him though. We'd probably be an easy choice for him given that he's from the area, and went to college in the area as well.

I'd take Lynch in the 6th or 7th. He's a humble, hard-working guy. Great athlete. I don't expect him to be a starting QB at the NFL level, but I do think there's a role for him somewhere in the NFL, even if it's just as a special teamer.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@chibearsrumors: According to Todd McShay, there would be "panic" in the Bears' war room if DT Aaron Donald is selected before 14. (Source: ESPN FDP)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: