Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Denver Broncos 2014 Prospect Workouts/Visits
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobdevine

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Oregon State DE Scott Crichton, who visited #Cowboys yesterday, is set to visit the #Broncos today, source says. #Chargers are on Thursday

https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet/status/456444449812279297
hibdib31

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
Quote:
Oregon State DE Scott Crichton, who visited #Cowboys yesterday, is set to visit the #Broncos today, source says. #Chargers are on Thursday

What's the word on Crichton? Seems like a Derek Wolfe type guy - left end, not a speed rusher. Seems like we have that role filled with Jackson and Wolfe. I would think if Denver goes pass rusher, it will be a more explosive player.
Winder23

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
bobdevine wrote:
Quote:

What's the word on Crichton? Seems like a Derek Wolfe type guy - left end, not a speed rusher. Seems like we have that role filled with Jackson and Wolfe. I would think if Denver goes pass rusher, it will be a more explosive player.
I'm not convinced Derek Wolfe is in the clear. He has been cleared to work out, but it remains to be seen when he will be cleared for contact. I'm sure the Broncos are concerned for his well-being and Wolfe wants to play no matter what.
germ-x

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
hibdib31 wrote:
bobdevine wrote:
Quote:

I'm not convinced Derek Wolfe is in the clear. He has been cleared to work out, but it remains to be seen when he will be cleared for contact. I'm sure the Broncos are concerned for his well-being and Wolfe wants to play no matter what.

I added Crichton, but i do agree with you Winder, Wolfe's future could very well be in jeopardy.

In the case of Crichton, he's a LE all the way. When he was being hyped as a 1st round pick and a top DE i really didn't see it. Physically he isn't all that talented and most of his plays come off of his high effort. While i like seeing effort, i think his physical limitations will hurt him in the NFL. I think he is more of a good depth rotational player as opposed to a solid to good starter.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shazier meets with Broncos.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_25586801/ryan-shaziers-speed-at-linebacker-intriguing-when-broncos
hibdib31

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_25586801/ryan-shaziers-speed-at-linebacker-intriguing-when-broncos

Nice.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
bobdevine wrote:

Nice.

If it weren't for JDR's history of playing veterans at MLB...

Trevathan, Shazier and Miller would rival the Panthers' LB corps in terms of speed and pursuit.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
germ-x

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added Shazier.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find myself hoping we go offense in the draft, even though most of the players I like are defense.

The way I see it, we've gone backwards on the #1 offense, but gone forwards on a top 10 defense

Btw here's a full list of players we have shown interest in

Quote:
Kapri Bibbs, RB, Colorado State (COM)
Tajh Boyd, QB, Clemson (SR)
Deone Bucannon, DB, Washington State (SR)
Scott Crichton, DL, Oregon State (PRI)
Ahmad Dixon, DB, Baylor (SR)
Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech (PRI)
Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss (PRO)
Stephen Morris, QB, Miami (PRI)
Matt Paradis, OL, Boise State (LOC)
William Poehls, OL, Montana (PRI)
Brett Smith, QB, Wyoming (PRI)
Shamar Stephen, DL, Connecticut (SR)
Devin Street, WR, Pittsburgh (COM)
Austin Wentworth, G, Fresno State (EW)
Avery Williamson, LB, Broncos (COM)

BullsandBroncos

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shazier needs to be a Bronco

I'm right about LeBron regressing. Blasphemy to suggest his stats wouldn't improve & was a worse defender. My prediction that turned out true.
I think you're schizophrenic. Seek help.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shazier, McGill, Jackson is my dream top 3 rounds. I think we'd probably need to trade up for Shazier though.
ToastedOats

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stumbled upon this piece: http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/3/1/5453418/denver-broncos-2014-nfl-draft-interests-tracker

I love how it show who Denver visited with and how many times. The division two receiver (Janis) has talked with Denver twice..... It was also telling that Denver is targeting guard prospects in the lower rounds (3 and lower)

Paul-Mac - this is not Madden where you get to trade and then play all the games. With Elway in charge, how many times has Denver traded up in the first round? The answer is zero - this is a deep draft with players 20-60 all receiving similar grades. Trade down and get two good players instead of trading up and getting one player.
thebestever6

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really am on the Brett Smith band wagon. I have a higher grade on him than I did Brock coming out. He reminds me of a more athletic stronger armed Jake Plummer. I'd love to nab him in the round 4 to 7 range.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
paul-mac

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToastedOats wrote:
I stumbled upon this piece: http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/3/1/5453418/denver-broncos-2014-nfl-draft-interests-tracker

I love how it show who Denver visited with and how many times. The division two receiver (Janis) has talked with Denver twice..... It was also telling that Denver is targeting guard prospects in the lower rounds (3 and lower)

Paul-Mac - this is not Madden where you get to trade and then play all the games. With Elway in charge, how many times has Denver traded up in the first round? The answer is zero - this is a deep draft with players 20-60 all receiving similar grades. Trade down and get two good players instead of trading up and getting one player.

Elway has done three drafts. It's ridiculous to suggest that we can't trade up based on the results of three drafts.

Now I agree that almost always the right thing to do is let the board fall to you and if there isn't someone you love then you try to move back and accumulate picks but this team is so close to tasting the glory and the real trick is knowing when to get aggressive and make your move. Thomas Dimitroff went too early in 2011, Belichick kind of half arsed it in 2012, Rick Spielman pulled off a masterpiece last year provided he can find a QB this year.

This is Elway's time. Ryan Shazier is going to be a special player in the NFL but he is going to be a top 20 pick IMO. We should try and get a cheap deal from Jerry Jones who traded down very cheaply in last years draft. If Shazier makes it to 16 then we offer the Cowboys 31 and our third, if they baulk at that throw in next years third that can become a second if we make the playoffs. I can see Jerry making that trade.

Honestly I wouldn't be opposed to trading several picks in next years draft, given that we have eleven picks in 2015 and probably won't have that many roster spots to fill
thebestever6

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
ToastedOats wrote:

Elway has done three drafts. It's ridiculous to suggest that we can't trade up based on the results of three drafts.

Now I agree that almost always the right thing to do is let the board fall to you and if there isn't someone you love then you try to move back and accumulate picks but this team is so close to tasting the glory and the real trick is knowing when to get aggressive and make your move. Thomas Dimitroff went too early in 2011, Belichick kind of half arsed it in 2012, Rick Spielman pulled off a masterpiece last year provided he can find a QB this year.

This is Elway's time. Ryan Shazier is going to be a special player in the NFL but he is going to be a top 20 pick IMO. We should try and get a cheap deal from Jerry Jones who traded down very cheaply in last years draft. If Shazier makes it to 16 then we offer the Cowboys 31 and our third, if they baulk at that throw in next years third that can become a second if we make the playoffs. I can see Jerry making that trade.

Honestly I wouldn't be opposed to trading several picks in next years draft, given that we have eleven picks in 2015 and probably won't have that many roster spots to fill

The principle isn't a bad one that you suggest. I just have trouble with the player that you suggest. Shazier is an impressive player but the one thing that it's not known that he can do is get off blocks something a Mike has to do. If we trade up we better be 100% sure he can develope getting off blocks. I'd rather draft a mike who is natural for the position.
This draft is also isn't top heavy so trading up might not be the best bet. As to you suggesting that we trade a bunch of next years picks because the guys probably won't make the roster I also disagree. This team lacks depth at so many positions. They got a lucky draw in the playoffs and Peyton is still playing at a high level but this team needs to get a lot more depth.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: