Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Denver Broncos 2014 Prospect Workouts/Visits
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToastedOats

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
Morris sucks IMO. Just watch his tape, he isn't draftable.

I wish we'd spend more time scouting receivers, OL and defensive players but Elway has some kind if need to satisfy his QB cravings in the pre draft process.

Did you watch his tape as a sophomore and junior? Much more impressive. Gil Brandt (one of the most respected evaluators of talent in the league) had him ranked 17th at the beginning of the year, but because of a down year dropped him. I am not sure how much coaching he received at the U. You do know that Brady, Farve, and many other QB's got drafted in the later rounds, right? It's called doing your homework and not just watching highlights of he players.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToastedOats wrote:
paul-mac wrote:

I wish we'd spend more time scouting receivers, OL and defensive players but Elway has some kind if need to satisfy his QB cravings in the pre draft process.

Did you watch his tape as a sophomore and junior? Much more impressive. Gil Brandt (one of the most respected evaluators of talent in the league) had him ranked 17th at the beginning of the year, but because of a down year dropped him. I am not sure how much coaching he received at the U. You do know that Brady, Farve, and many other QB's got drafted in the later rounds, right? It's called doing your homework and not just watching highlights of he players.

Maybe the 17th best QB.....

he stinks

Fify.
broncos67

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
ToastedOats wrote:
paul-mac wrote:

he stinks

I actually do agree with this. Stephen Morris isn't anything special. If Denver wants a late round QB, go with Brett Smith, who honestly, I would take over Osweiler.

Thanks, Tzimisce
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I actually do agree with this. Stephen Morris isn't anything special. If Denver wants a late round QB, go with Brett Smith, who honestly, I would take over Osweiler.

If Smith is avaliable in the 6th or 7th, we need to take him. He is a 2nd/3rd round pick. As good a prospect as Jimmy Garopollo and Zach Mettenburger IMO.

He is pretty similar to Zac Dysert.
bwall

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should not be freaking out that we are doing our research on QBs. There is no guarantee that Brock or Dysert are fit to take the reigns of our team when Manning leaves. Neither has shown me enough to wow me, and assure me that we are set for the future. Will I be upset if we use a second rounder on a QB? Yes. 4th or later? No. Will a squabble if they draft the QB that I don't like best? No, because John Elway clearly knows what he is doing. Trust the process people. A visit does not mean much. Are the Pats going to draft Manziel? I highly doubt it.
germ-x

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
ToastedOats wrote:
paul-mac wrote:

he stinks

I know for quite a few weeks during the college season ESPN's Scouts Inc. had Stephen Morris as a top 32 prospect in the 2014 draft.

I'm not saying he is good, but multipe draftnik's had him rated very high for at least a portion of the season.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
ToastedOats wrote:
paul-mac wrote:

he stinks

I know for quite a few weeks during the college season ESPN's Scouts Inc. had Stephen Morris as a top 32 prospect in the 2014 draft.

I'm not saying he is good, but multipe draftnik's had him rated very high for at least a portion of the season.

Morris was a Heisman candidate and for all the right reasons. Hes got the size, the arm and the intangibles at the position. The problem was his team sucked, especially the OL and receivers, and he never lived up to his expectations of a top pick. I'm not making any excuses for him but hes definitely a talented player, one the Broncos should look at.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking around the internet for possible prospects that Denver may have put through a private workout or brought in to visit and stumbled upon this article by Mike Klis in 2012.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_20404808/broncos-bringing-quarterback-draft-prospects

At the bottom of the article Klis reports that each team is allowed 30 visits, but that Denver only planned on using about half of those 30. Maybe more teams do this, i don't know, but i found it a bit odd. I mean an NFL organization has plenty of resources in terms of both coaches/scouts and money to bring in 30 players for visits. I really don't see the benefit in not bringing 30 guys in.

Another thought i had was with all the smokescreens that go on this time of year maybe they blew one at Klis in this instance. Though, i think that is a bit more of a long shot because a lot of prospects will tweet, go to social media, or say something to reporters/interviewers about teams they have had contact with and as i said before, i don't believe we have ever gotten a whole lot of prospects in this thread since Elway took over.

Finally, QB's always seem to be of interest under Elway. In his first draft i remember Denver being strongly linked to Jake Locker and Colin Kaepernick. Osweiler was selected in 2012, Dysert in 2013 and thus far the only players i have found showing Denver having a lot of interest are QBs: Brett Smith, Bryn Renner, and Stephen Morris.
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
I was looking around the internet for possible prospects that Denver may have put through a private workout or brought in to visit and stumbled upon this article by Mike Klis in 2012.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_20404808/broncos-bringing-quarterback-draft-prospects

At the bottom of the article Klis reports that each team is allowed 30 visits, but that Denver only planned on using about half of those 30. Maybe more teams do this, i don't know, but i found it a bit odd. I mean an NFL organization has plenty of resources in terms of both coaches/scouts and money to bring in 30 players for visits. I really don't see the benefit in not bringing 30 guys in.

Another thought i had was with all the smokescreens that go on this time of year maybe they blew one at Klis in this instance. Though, i think that is a bit more of a long shot because a lot of prospects will tweet, go to social media, or say something to reporters/interviewers about teams they have had contact with and as i said before, i don't believe we have ever gotten a whole lot of prospects in this thread since Elway took over.

Finally, QB's always seem to be of interest under Elway. In his first draft i remember Denver being strongly linked to Jake Locker and Colin Kaepernick. Osweiler was selected in 2012, Dysert in 2013 and thus far the only players i have found showing Denver having a lot of interest are QBs: Brett Smith, Bryn Renner, and Stephen Morris.

It doesn't particularly surprise me that this is the case, to be completely honest. QBs are perhaps the one position where you can glean what sort of player someone will be with the pre-draft interview/question process. For some of the other positions, it could be that Denver trusts what they are seeing from other players on tape enough to not need these interviews. With the importance of QBs it does make some sense to continue and find someone who could be the long-term QBOTF for your team.

I will say though, it's a little curious that Denver doesn't use all their visits. Even if you're confident in some early round guys and know who you want, it seems like bringing some late round, potential filled guys in can't possibly be a bad move.

Thanks, Tzimisce
elliot878

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From: http://walterfootball.com/draft2014meetingsteams.php

Kapri Bibbs, RB, Colorado State (COM)
Tajh Boyd, QB, Clemson (SR)
Deone Bucannon, DB, Washington State (SR)
Ahmad Dixon, DB, Baylor (SR)
Stephen Morris, QB, Miami (PRI)
Brett Smith, QB, Wyoming (PRI)
Shamar Stephen, DL, Connecticut (SR)
Devin Street, WR, Pittsburgh (COM)
Austin Wentworth, G, Fresno State (EW)
Avery Williamson, LB, Broncos (COM)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle Fuller to the list
(aww yeah, a Hokie bro)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/08/kyle-fuller-lines-up-a-slew-of-pre-draft-visits/
germ-x

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
Kyle Fuller to the list
(aww yeah, a Hokie bro)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/08/kyle-fuller-lines-up-a-slew-of-pre-draft-visits/

Nice, i'll add it.
germ-x

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to add Brett Smith as well as i've found a better source.

https://twitter.com/cecillammey/status/444244687835000832
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
Kyle Fuller to the list
(aww yeah, a Hokie bro)

Huge fan of Kyle Fuller. My #3 CB in this draft. Has potential to be a stud.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuller is a prime candidate at 31 IMO

Fify.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: