Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Denver Broncos 2014 Prospect Workouts/Visits
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
germ-x

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Denver Broncos 2014 Prospect Workouts/Visits Reply with quote

Well it's time for this thread again. Here we can keep track of players that the Broncos have shown draft interest in through either visits or private workouts. I'll update it has information comes in. Try and find evidence that you can link to the thread.

QB:
Stephen Morris, Miami
Brett Smith, Wyoming*

RB:

WR:
Donte Moncrief, Ole Miss*

TE:
Erik Swoope, Miami

OT:

OG:
William Poehls, Montana

OC:
Matt Paradis, Boise State

DE:
Scott Crichton, Oregon State

LB:
Ryan Shazier, Ohio State*
CJ Mosley, Alabama

CB:
Kyle Fuller, Virginia Tech
Justin Gilbert, Oklahoma State

S:

K:
P:

Last edited by germ-x on Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:22 pm; edited 14 times in total
germ-x

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only 2 i have read about coming in are QB's Brett Smith and Bryn Renner, but i read it on bleacherreport and couldn't find it anywhere else. Bleacherreport isn't credible enough for me.

According to this link apparently Denver isn't sold on Zac Dysert. It also mentions that Denver loves Brett Smith (something we've heard a lot lately) and that Bryn Renner has a strong endorsement from Peyton Manning.

I found it hard to tell what was Lammey's opinion, what he knows from sources, or what is just the writers opinion.

http://dbqc.fatcow.com/2014/03/14/a-cure-for-the-super-bowl-blues-espns-cecil-lammey-says-thanks-to-elway-the-broncos-future-is-bright/
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im looking forward to the reports on this. I cannot remember specifically if we brought in every player we've drafted in the Elway term. Derek Wolfe stands out as someone we never even brought in for a workout.

I posted it on twitter today, this team under John Elway is so unpredictable. It makes it extremely difficult to follow as a fan.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Im looking forward to the reports on this. I cannot remember specifically if we brought in every player we've drafted in the Elway term. Derek Wolfe stands out as someone we never even brought in for a workout.

I posted it on twitter today, this team under John Elway is so unpredictable. It makes it extremely difficult to follow as a fan.

Wolfe is the only one that comes to my mind as well. I also don't think we've ever gotten a whole lot of prospects on this list since Elway has taken over. They seem to keep that stuff pretty quiet. IIRC, under McDaniels in at least 1 year, i think we had almost all 30 of the players that came to visit.
denverbroncos23

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Wolfe is the only one that comes to my mind as well. I also don't think we've ever gotten a whole lot of prospects on this list since Elway has taken over. They seem to keep that stuff pretty quiet. IIRC, under McDaniels in at least 1 year, i think we had almost all 30 of the players that came to visit.

IIRC there's been much more that we didn't workout and drafted than vise verse. I know we didn't workout either Sly, or Wolfe, and I don't think we worked out Ball did we? If we did I never knew that we worked him out.

^Jamison^
Broncos, Michigan Athletics, Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs.. Sad
germ-x

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

denverbroncos23 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

IIRC there's been much more that we didn't workout and drafted than vise verse. I know we didn't workout either Sly, or Wolfe, and I don't think we worked out Ball did we? If we did I never knew that we worked him out.

You could be right. I want to say Denver at least showed Montee Ball a lot of interest. Maybe i am misremembering, but i swear broncos67 mentioned something last year that Denver was all over Montee Ball. If he reads this maybe he can clarify.

The one i remember most though is Wolfe. I remember him saying something about not expecting to be drafted when the Broncos were on the clock because they hadn't shown any interest in him throughout the entire offseason process.
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
denverbroncos23 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

You could be right. I want to say Denver at least showed Montee Ball a lot of interest. Maybe i am misremembering, but i swear broncos67 mentioned something last year that Denver was all over Montee Ball. If he reads this maybe he can clarify.

The one i remember most though is Wolfe. I remember him saying something about not expecting to be drafted when the Broncos were on the clock because they hadn't shown any interest in him throughout the entire offseason process.

You are correct about Ball. My buddy worked at IMG academy last year in Florida, and a lot of draft prospects do their training there. I know he worked with a bunch of guys but one of them was Montee Ball. The one day he called me because apparently Ball a) was outwardly expressing that he was a huge Broncos fan and b) told my buddy and some others that Denver was consistently in touch with him through the process.

Thanks, Tzimisce
germ-x

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
denverbroncos23 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

You are correct about Ball. My buddy worked at IMG academy last year in Florida, and a lot of draft prospects do their training there. I know he worked with a bunch of guys but one of them was Montee Ball. The one day he called me because apparently Ball a) was outwardly expressing that he was a huge Broncos fan and b) told my buddy and some others that Denver was consistently in touch with him through the process.

Yeah, i thought it was something like that.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember that Ball and Webster both grew up Broncos fans. I think Elway likes that because it means they always give that extra 5% orange blood.
germ-x

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i had nothing to do last night and Googled close to 50 prospects to see where they had visits and not 1 Broncos visit popped up. I did notice a lot of Panthers and Patriots visits as well as quite a few other teams, but no Broncos.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would expect we hear about visits in more frequency in the coming weeks, don't recall us having many prospects visiting early the last few seasons.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the first visit?

https://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/451775629969879040

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly wrote:

Hurricanes QB Stephen Morris has workouts set up with the Broncos, Carolina and the Browns.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Maybe the first visit?

https://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/451775629969879040

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly wrote:

Hurricanes QB Stephen Morris has workouts set up with the Broncos, Carolina and the Browns.

I'll add it. Denver seems to be linked to late round QB's.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morris sucks IMO. Just watch his tape, he isn't draftable.

I wish we'd spend more time scouting receivers, OL and defensive players but Elway has some kind if need to satisfy his QB cravings in the pre draft process.
broncos67

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
Morris sucks IMO. Just watch his tape, he isn't draftable.

I wish we'd spend more time scouting receivers, OL and defensive players but Elway has some kind if need to satisfy his QB cravings in the pre draft process.

Oh god here we go again. I'm glad you're privy to the innerworkings of the Broncos enough to know who we're scouting.

Here's some predraft visits so you can back off the ledge

Kapri Bibbs- RB- Combine
Joel Bitonio- OT/OG- Combine
Tajh Boyd- QB- Sr. Bowl
Deone Buchanan- SS- Sr. Bowl
Isaiah Burse- WR- Combine
Ross Cockrell- CB- Combine
Ahmad Dixon- DB- Sr. Bowl
Dakota Dozier- OG- Combine
Matt Hazel- WR- Combine
Marqueston Huff- SS- Combine
Jeff Janis- WR- Sr. Bowl and Combine
Tyler Larsen- OL- Combine
Shamar Stephen- DT- Sr. Bowl
Devin Street- WR- Combine
Jordan Tripp- LB- Combine
Austin Wentworth- OG- EW Game
Avery Williamson- LB- Combine

Thanks, Tzimisce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: