Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

D.R. Mock 1.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
detroitroar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject: D.R. Mock 1.0 Reply with quote

I'll start by saying the prediction for the first 9 picks in the draft are not in any way calculated so a particular player drops to us. I simply started from the top and went with what I think will happen as of now.

1.1 Houston - Blake Bortles QB
    1.2 ST Louis - Khalil Mack LB
    1.3 Jacksonville - Jadeveon Clowney DE
    1.4 Cleveland - Sammy Watkins WR
    1.5 Oakland - Derek Carr QB
    1.6 ST Louis - Greg Robinson OT
    1.7 Tampa Bay - Eric Ebron TE
    1.8 Minnesota - Johnny Manziel QB ( Zimmer bashes Manziel; then a report comes out that Bridgewater is their #1 QB. I believe these are smokescreens and Minny loves Manziel)
    1.9 Buffalo - Mike Evans WR

Consensus is that Jake Matthews is the BPA here. In this scenario, I see Mayhew ready to call his name, but the Giants have massive Oline needs, and only sit 2 picks behind. They offer up their 1st and 3rd, which is great value for us. Both us and Tennessee are a threat to take him. They clearly like him more than Lewan here.

1.10 New York (N) - Jake Matthews OT
    1.11 Tennessee - Teddy Bridgewater QB

1.12 Detroit - Anthony Barr OLB

Barr is an intruiging prospect. Most either love or hate him. I still think he is a top 5 prospect in this class. His ability off the edge is tremendous. Unlike a Dion Jordan of last year, this guy has the frame to put on more weight. Tons of upside as a former FB who has
    only played the position for 2-3 years.

The rest...

2.13 - LeMarcus Joyner CB/S

Joyner is this years LaVonte David. The guy would be a top 20 pick if he we're a bit taller. He has amazing instincts and versatility. He is a virtual Ronde Barber clone.

3.10 - Dominique Easley DE/DT

Easley looks like he downs a case of Red Bull before he plays. High motor, nice burst off the snap, and as with the theme here, versatile. Can come off the edge or shift inside on pass downs. May never develop into a good starter, but could be a great rotational guy. Has 2nd round talent, but makes it here due to an ACL tear in 2010 (in which he recovered fast from) and the fact he is somewhat of a tweener.

3.12 - Gabe Jackson OG

This guy has a lot in common with Warford. Is huge and powerful, but
    has suprisingly quick feet for his size. I think Jackson extends to the 2nd level a bit better than Warford. Will immediately challenge Sims for the starting LG role.

4.11 - Jared Abbrederis WR

Amidst this extremely talented and deep WR class, Abbrederis gets overlooked and will be passed on for WR's with better physical attributes. Abbrederis is however a good WR prospect, with great work ethic, soft hands, and deceptive speed.

4.33 - Russell Bodine C

Good athlete for his size. Can take over for Raiola in a year or two
    with some hard work.

4.36 Jeff Matthews QB

Talented big arm QB. Gets overlooked since he played at Cornell. Displays nice touch on deep throws.

6.13 - Colt Lyerla TE

Talk about red flags. This kid flat out has issues. However, with the 2 compensatory picks, Id be willing to take a high risk/high reward player at some point after the 3rd round. And the fact is, Lyerla is the most gifted TE in this class. Even more so than Ebron. Could be a steal; very well may be out of the league in no time. I think the risk is worth it here.

7.12 Austin Franklin WR

Good overall athlete with experience returning kicks. Nice jump ball
    skills.

Feedback is appreciated.

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
Blaze King

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love this scenario if it worked out like this.

It's funny because I think Manziel would be sick on the Vikings with Peterson and Patterson. That would be a pretty electrifying team.

Barr would be a standout linebacker on this team immediately and I think highly of Joyner where I believe he might be a starter day 1.

Whoever gets Abberderis is going to get a steal of a player.

Easily is very talented as well, hope the draft works out this way.

Nice work

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it other than Barr. Jake Matthews would be too much to pass on
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
RIP CITY

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could live with it, I'd make different choices in pretty much every Round except possibly Round 3 but it's not that I don't like any of these players. Would add some physicality to the defense, which I love. Don't like Abbrederis though. Not what I would choose but I'd be OK with it, especially if you could swap Abbrederis for Josh Huff who might be there in the 4th.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

love the trade down idea, nice job hitting positions of needs. wouldn't mind if the draft went down like that
Rockcity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if joyner was taller he'd be even slower lol. those are some pretty bad workout numbers

easley got two busted up legs already he won't last long in the nfl

id be little mad about barr when you got guys later that can do his job example Christian jones
detroitroar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
if joyner was taller he'd be even slower lol. those are some pretty bad workout numbers

id be little mad about barr when you got guys later that can do his job example Christian jones

Dont care what his workout numbers were. He can flat out play and his instincts make up for it.

I think your exaggerating Easleys issues.

Christian Jones doesnt compare to what Barr can do.

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
Rockcity

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detroitroar wrote:
Rockcity wrote:

Dont care what his workout numbers were. He can flat out play and his instincts make up for it.

instincts or gambling..could take more chances when your on a team like that. his speed is bad imo and teams will know how to use against him jmo

idk how im exaggerating not one but two blowed out knees

jones is more versatile imo.
bigc421

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
detroitroar wrote:
Rockcity wrote:

instincts or gambling..could take more chances when your on a team like that. his speed is bad imo and teams will know how to use against him jmo

idk how im exaggerating not one but two blowed out knees

jones is more versatile imo.

I agree on Joyner, one of the more over hyped guys in this draft IMO. Most of his plays are a result of him doing whatever he wants and the opponent not being able to take advantage of it. Some guys are just real good college players but don't translate to the next level. Small and slow is a bad combo.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not fan of Joyner but love any mock with focus on D. A plus for no WR round. 1

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
LionFanRoxy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaze King wrote:
Would love this scenario if it worked out like this.

It's funny because I think Manziel would be sick on the Vikings with Peterson and Patterson. That would be a pretty electrifying team.

Barr would be a standout linebacker on this team immediately and I think highly of Joyner where I believe he might be a starter day 1.

Whoever gets Abberderis is going to get a steal of a player.

Easily is very talented as well, hope the draft works out this way.

Nice work

Agree about Abberderis. Would LOVE this guy as a Lion. Sleeper pick but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go in the 3rd to a team like New England or Seattle.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: