Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cooks vs. ODB Jr.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
samsel23


Joined: 30 Sep 2008
Posts: 3565
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
WR class is so deep, you could honestly get away with going DL or OL in the first, and going to Jordan Matthews from Vanderbilt or Allen Robinson from Penn State in the second.




OL or DL is about the only thing I'd be disappointed in. Tired of spending high picks on them. If we were dominating at the line of scrimmage it'd be different, but the amount we've spent on them doesn't meet the production.


We could sign a guy like Daryn Colledge or Davin Joseph and I be perfectly fine moving forward with what we have.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
timmay98


Joined: 17 Mar 2005
Posts: 1235
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like either as an upgrade over Dex and Avery. I can't buy into the thought of Jenkins being the answer but perhaps her can fill in for what Avery was supposed to provide us. What I really like about Cooks is his ability in space which I believe translates the best in a West Coast offense and would benefit our QB's skill set the best. The concern I have about both is their ability to beat the press.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DT58_lives_on


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 5806
Location: St. Cloud, MN
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000342227/article/lsu-wr-odell-beckham-shows-off-dunking-skills?campaign=Facebook_writers_goodbread

Now there are mixed ideas of this type of video, but to me it shows a couple things. At 5' 11" I'm not so worried about his ability to high point a ball as clearly, his ups shouldn't be questioned.

Second, it shows his ability to locate the ball, and put his body in the right position while in the air. For a shorter receiver, this I think is essential to success.

This certainly didn't make me like Beckham any less.
_________________
[image]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg481/jesse_fritsch1/DEEFORD2_zpsef1ad50c.jpg[image]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nicfre2011


Joined: 15 Mar 2011
Posts: 6668
Location: SC
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point (as the father of the Odell Beckham Jr. to Chiefs fan club) I hope he is there at #23. I really hope the Jets become fixated on Lee or Benjamin. If those bastards draft Beckham I will be pissed.
_________________


Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DT58_lives_on


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 5806
Location: St. Cloud, MN
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, after Beckham Jr. and Cooks, the only guy I'd really consider with our pick would be Matthews at WR.

I hate all the non-measurables about Benjamin. Attitude, diva-ness, questionable committment, and honestly I've said it before, but a border-line first round pick should be doing everything right, and this kid just isn't. Don't know that we need another WR with questionable effort.
_________________
[image]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg481/jesse_fritsch1/DEEFORD2_zpsef1ad50c.jpg[image]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chiefer


Joined: 19 Nov 2009
Posts: 11634
Location: Somewhere in an Arizona Desert...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love a pass-rushing 5-tech if one is available.

But, outside of Hageman, Ealy or Tuitt none are really projected there. Do we roll the dice with those guys to develop properly?

Much rather add another potent weapon to the offense/special teams. I feel like Toub is awesome enough to turn a 1st round WR into a great punt returner. Outside of Bowe and Charles I don't trust our receivers, and I want to move away from using Jamaal so much.
_________________
Adopt-A-Chief: Albert Wilson
Catches: 11
Yards: 173
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nicfre2011


Joined: 15 Mar 2011
Posts: 6668
Location: SC
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
I'd love a pass-rushing 5-tech if one is available.

But, outside of Hageman, Ealy or Tuitt none are really projected there. Do we roll the dice with those guys to develop properly?

Much rather add another potent weapon to the offense/special teams. I feel like Toub is awesome enough to turn a 1st round WR into a great punt returner. Outside of Bowe and Charles I don't trust our receivers, and I want to move away from using Jamaal so much.


One prospect I think could develop into a solid pass rushing 5-tech is Kareem Martin. I think he brings a lot of potential as a pass rusher, has a ton of athleticism, was productive at the college level, and could likely bulk up some without impacting his athleticism. Personally, I like him better than Ealy, Tuitt, and Hageman from a pass rush standpoint and projection to 5 tech.
_________________


Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kingseanjohn


Joined: 16 Oct 2009
Posts: 3072
Location: Global
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nic, what are your thoughts on DeAndre Coleman from Cal? He's someone I was looking at early in my research but I haven't looked at him much since.
_________________


2014 Adopt-A-Chief: Jamaal Charles
Carries:133/Yds:692/TD:8/YPC:5.2
Rec:22/Yds:148/TD:2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DT58_lives_on


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 5806
Location: St. Cloud, MN
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's really amusing when you read other mock drafts, and everyone talks about if KC doesn't go WR...blah blah blah. Then you read the insider stuff on ESPN, and the only thing they are talking about our interest in is Aaron Murray and D-linemen.

Personally, I don't really love, or even like any of the "first round" D-linemen in this draft. If we're going line in round one I'd rather take an O-lineman. Lots of scouts are talking about how this might be the worst D-line draft in years. And it's not like we don't have needs on the O-line as well.

Right now my biggest hope is that there isn't a run on WRs, or that somehow one of the FS falls to us.
_________________
[image]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg481/jesse_fritsch1/DEEFORD2_zpsef1ad50c.jpg[image]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chiefer


Joined: 19 Nov 2009
Posts: 11634
Location: Somewhere in an Arizona Desert...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
I'd love a pass-rushing 5-tech if one is available.

But, outside of Hageman, Ealy or Tuitt none are really projected there. Do we roll the dice with those guys to develop properly?

Much rather add another potent weapon to the offense/special teams. I feel like Toub is awesome enough to turn a 1st round WR into a great punt returner. Outside of Bowe and Charles I don't trust our receivers, and I want to move away from using Jamaal so much.


One prospect I think could develop into a solid pass rushing 5-tech is Kareem Martin. I think he brings a lot of potential as a pass rusher, has a ton of athleticism, was productive at the college level, and could likely bulk up some without impacting his athleticism. Personally, I like him better than Ealy, Tuitt, and Hageman from a pass rush standpoint and projection to 5 tech.

Martin needs to pack on more weight though right? Isn't he like 260?
_________________
Adopt-A-Chief: Albert Wilson
Catches: 11
Yards: 173
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nicfre2011


Joined: 15 Mar 2011
Posts: 6668
Location: SC
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
I'd love a pass-rushing 5-tech if one is available.

But, outside of Hageman, Ealy or Tuitt none are really projected there. Do we roll the dice with those guys to develop properly?

Much rather add another potent weapon to the offense/special teams. I feel like Toub is awesome enough to turn a 1st round WR into a great punt returner. Outside of Bowe and Charles I don't trust our receivers, and I want to move away from using Jamaal so much.


One prospect I think could develop into a solid pass rushing 5-tech is Kareem Martin. I think he brings a lot of potential as a pass rusher, has a ton of athleticism, was productive at the college level, and could likely bulk up some without impacting his athleticism. Personally, I like him better than Ealy, Tuitt, and Hageman from a pass rush standpoint and projection to 5 tech.

Martin needs to pack on more weight though right? Isn't he like 260?


He meaured in at the combine at 6'-6", 272 lbs., 35" long arms, 10" hands.
_________________


Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group