Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Numbers' New Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Numbers' New Mock Reply with quote

The Philadelphia Eagles trade the #22 Overall Pick to the Minnesota Vikings for the Vikings 2nd Round Pick (40), their 3rd Round Pick (72), and a 2015 4th Round Pick
The Vikings trade up to get QB Derek Carr, whose big arm is a perfect fit in Norv Turner's vertical passing offense, Carr has the physical tools of a franchise passer, and in order to get him, Minnesota jumps ahead of the Browns at 26, perhaps the Bengals at 24, and a ton of other teams that may be looking to move up for a quarterback. The Eagles have multiple needs and moving down to fill those needs in a deep draft is the smart thing to do for this team. Roseman gets fair value for 22 and allows us to add 2 top 55 talents on our board.

With the 40th Pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Wide Receiver, Donte Moncrief, Ole Miss

Moncrief is a big, physical receiver with speed to burn, and his talent is reminiscent of Josh Gordon. I really fell in love with him as a prospect against LSU in 2012. While he did have 2 drops in that game, he also dominated while stretching the field, as his first 2 targets would have been long touchdowns if he had an accurate quarterback, and despite poor quarterback play, he finished with 6 catches, 161 yards, and 2 touchdowns. He also showed toughness and physicality blocking, which is a must for a Chip Kelly receiver on the outside. He's got a ton of talent after the catch, routinely breaking tackles on screens, and over the middle bouncing off defenders in the secondary. He also adjusts well to the football, can go up and get the football, and uses his body well to shield off defenders. He needs improve his route running and he has occasional issues with drops, and he didn't have the production many expected, but a lot of that can be attributed to poor QB play. Receivers with his kind of production (1800+ yards, 16 touchdowns over the past 2 seasons) and physical attributes don't come around often.

With the 54th Pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Linebacker, Marcus Smith, Louisville

Smith is a terrific athlete who has a terrific first step when rushing the passer, has shown a developing spin move, and has shown the ability to drop into coverage. He's still learning to convert speed to power, and develop secondary pass rush moves, but he just started playing the position last season and showed quick development. Athletically and physically speaking he's similar to Justin Houston. Both are 6'3 and 250+ pounds with 34+" arms, 10+" hands, and similar 40s, 10 yard splits, vertical and broad jumps, and the 3 cone at Smith's pro day was similar to that of Houston's at the combine. Smith had 15.5 sacks in his first season as a pass rusher, after playing ILB the past few seasons and coming to Louisville as a quarterback. The sky is the limit with him, and he's coachable and has all the physical tools.

With the 72nd Pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Safety, Dion Bailey, USC

USC uses Dion Bailey a lot like Seattle uses Kam Chancellor, as a guy who sometimes plays deep coverage, but is more likely to be in the box and play an underneath zone, or lined up over a tight end or slot receiver in coverage. While he isn't as big or isn't as big a hitter as Chancellor, he does have superior ball skills, as shown by his 5 interceptions this season and 6 passes defended. He's also a solid tackler and is aggressive when attacking the football and has tremendous hands for a secondary player. He's also shown the capability to lay the wood, and while he doesn't do it often, he can separate the football from the runner. My biggest issue with him is that he doesn't play deep zones all that often, and one has to question whether he can do it consistently. He also tends to get a bit handsy in man coverage, but that can be fixed. All in all, Bailey has the talent to be a pro bowl caliber strong safety, and Chip Kelly is familiar with him.

With the 86th Pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Defensive End, Brent Urban, Virginia

Urban is a guy who gets his hands into passing lanes and bat down passes, and is also adept at using his length to shed blockers and make plays in the running game. He's also quick off the snap and often the first to make contact with an opposing offensive lineman. While he lacks the pass rush ability and lacks the lower body strength to push a defender backwards, he's able to hold his ground against the run, and offers JJ Watt like swatting ability, making him a very interesting prospect and potential nickel 5 technique to start. You could make the argument he could go in the late 2nd, but due to a foot injury he falls.

With the 122nd Pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Linebacker, Avery Williamson, Kentucky

Williamson is one of the more underrated linebacker prospects in the draft. He's violent when disengaging from blocks, especially coming downhill. While he's not great in coverage, he can be passable for a SILB, and he's clearly got the athletic ability to improve in that area, running a 4.66, a 10 foot broad jump, and 7.11 3 cone drill time. He also showed the strength he has when shedding blocks in the weight room, throwing up 225 pounds 25 times with 32 3/4" arms. He's also a high IQ player capable of calling defensive plays. He's a guy who could be the long term replacement to Ryans on the inside with Kendricks.

With the 162nd Pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Defensive Tackle, Shamar Stephen, Connecticut

Stephen has the type of build and ability that Billy Davis looks for in a nose tackle, with long arms making him highly capable to take on blocks and establish the line of scrimmage. Unfortunately he lacks pass rush ability at this point, and struggles at reading screens. He is very raw at this point, making him a developmental guy, but we've gotten the best out of a lot of big, talented, raw athletes, and this could be another Cedric Thorton type of prospect for us.

With the 237th Pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Kicker, Nate Freese, Boston College

My top kicker in the class, Freese outside of his sophomore season has been a highly consistent kicker. He's converted 95% of his field goals over his junior and senior seasons (38/40), with a long of 52 yards. In addition, he had touchbacks on nearly 70% of his kickoffs (51/73). He's brought in to compete with Alex Henery, and if he can do what he did at BC in the NFL, he's likely going to win the job and replace Henery, and we won't have to worry about field position on special teams because we'll have a kicker capable of booming it out of the endzone.
baconrad3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love getting Moncrief and Smith.

We would take someone more versatile than Bailey. Someone like Jaylen Watkins there probably. We already have Wolff, dont see much need for Bailey though thats not to say I dont like him. Would prefer a safety with better coverage skills who can also play corner. And my guess is the staff would too

Rather get Will Clarke than Urban. Williamson would be fine, prefer Zumwalt or Jackson though. Like Shamar Stephen.

Overall Id be happy with this draft.

One nitpick is that we need to take another receiver.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

love the trade back and smith & bailey

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Johnnygunnz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the trade back... love the first 5 picks.

The other picks, I just don't think I know enough about them so I can't say I like them or hate them.

Great job.
eagles18

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moncrief is nice.

Intelligence is like a river. The deeper it is... the less noise it makes.
eagles18

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
STRENGTHS: Moncrief's thick frame, deceptive speed and smooth route-running make him a nightmare for cornerbacks. He does not possess the explosive moves of Southern Cal's Marqise Lee or Clemson's Sammy Watkins but might be a better player than either of them. He is sudden in his breaks, showing the ability to generate separation even against tight man coverage, and accelerates quickly, often leaving defenders in his dust on double-moves. Moncrief tracks the ball well and generally shows excellent hands (one drop vs. Texas), as well as the body control to make the dazzling grab. Moncrief is also cognizant in the running game, showing awareness and toughness as a downfield blocker
WEAKNESSES: Perhaps the only thing standing in Moncrief's way of becoming the first "skill-position" player from Mississippi to earn a first round draft selection since Eli Manning (No. 1 overall, 2004) is the question about his straight-line speed. Moncrief was not caught from behind on tapes viewed but the big-bodied receiver may not possess elite timed speed.

If that's true. then Shocked

Intelligence is like a river. The deeper it is... the less noise it makes.
Johnnygunnz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles18 wrote:
Moncrief is nice.

Yeah, I'm kinda in love with Moncrief, but I know he's still raw. I try to temper my love for him but I'm hoping the Eagles like him. I think he could be a monster in Chip's system.
one of one

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
Rather get Will Clarke than Urban.

Why are you even comparing them? If the Eagles select Will Clarke its to be an OLB.
one of one

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

40 would be a real nice pick to have. But it would be really hard to pass up a guy like Stephon Tuitt who if there may very well be BPA if he is available. I really don't think the Eagles FO thinks they need to take a WR in the first 2 rounds.
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of one wrote:
40 would be a real nice pick to have. But it would be really hard to pass up a guy like Stephon Tuitt who if there may very well be BPA if he is available. I really don't think the Eagles FO thinks they need to take a WR in the first 2 rounds.

Why Tuitt? We already have Thornton. I would be pissed if we selected Tuitt.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of one wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:

Why are you even comparing them? If the Eagles select Will Clarke its to be an OLB.

Or the Eagles would ask him to bulk up and play DE.

marky_b27

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good mock, the start of it is very similar to mine.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
one of one

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
one of one wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:

Or the Eagles would ask him to bulk up and play DE.

Eagles worked him out through a lot of linebacker drills. I doubt they would pick him in the third to become a project. It's evidently clear the Eagles want a big OLB.
one of one

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
one of one wrote:

This move would probably only happen if the Eagles were planning on trading Curry. But the way I see Tuitt is he could play a starters load of snaps at DE subbing for Thornton on passing downs and Cox on occasional run downs. And in nickel he could potentially play DT or DE. I may be higher on Tuitt than most but I think he'd have the ability to become our best DLman.

Last edited by one of one on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of one wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
one of one wrote:

This move would probably only happen if the Eagles were planning on trading Curry. But the way I see Tuitt is he could play a starters load of snaps at DE subbing for Thornton on passing downs and Cox on occasional run downs. I may be higher on Tuitt than most but I think he'd have the ability to become our best DLman.

You probably are

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: