Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos sign C Montgomery
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ThePrimeTime12


Joined: 11 Nov 2013
Posts: 3800
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldunclemark wrote:
28-8 the last 2 years..You do what works for you...

the conclusion that the style of offense utilized while winning 80% of the time is the major reason you lose the other 20% isn't logic to me.

Its overthinking the situation

What is the playoff record? 2-2. How many Superbowl rings? Zero. Running game is a necessity in the post-season because you balance the offense and you can kill time using so. Seahawks killed our offense because we were an obvious one-dimensional team that wasn't fool or doing anything on the ground. The defense played pass all game and we all saw the results.

There is a reason why the QBs with the greatest seasons of all-time, 2004 Peyton, 2007 Brady, 2010 Brady, 2011 Rodgers failed in the post-season. Only 2007 Brady actually went somewhere and that was because that team had an amazing defense and a somewhat respectable run game. The more you rely on pass, the better numbers you will put up but the worse you will be in the post-season.
_________________


^^ Joe_is_the_best on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldunclemark


Joined: 24 Mar 2014
Posts: 71
Location: Crown Point, Indiana
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePrimeTime12 wrote:
oldunclemark wrote:
28-8 the last 2 years..You do what works for you...

the conclusion that the style of offense utilized while winning 80% of the time is the major reason you lose the other 20% isn't logic to me.

Its overthinking the situation

What is the playoff record? 2-2. How many Superbowl rings? Zero. Running game is a necessity in the post-season because you balance the offense and you can kill time using so. Seahawks killed our offense because we were an obvious one-dimensional team that wasn't fool or doing anything on the ground. The defense played pass all game and we all saw the results.

There is a reason why the QBs with the greatest seasons of all-time, 2004 Peyton, 2007 Brady, 2010 Brady, 2011 Rodgers failed in the post-season. Only 2007 Brady actually went somewhere and that was because that team had an amazing defense and a somewhat respectable run game. The more you rely on pass, the better numbers you will put up but the worse you will be in the post-season.



That's not logical thinking.its sports talk radio..
It is a coincidence that the QBs you mentioned in the years you mentioned didnt win everything....There's no connection between those years in any real sense...all different teams all different foes.,.all different times..
There isn't a reason for everything except in retrospect....

You do what wins for you..You have to....
Manning and Brady have proven ways of winning lots of games
I would never change something you did that worked better than it has for most anyone else...,...80% of the time ...

You strive for excellence not for change
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ThePrimeTime12


Joined: 11 Nov 2013
Posts: 3800
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldunclemark wrote:


That's not logical thinking.its sports talk radio..
It is a coincidence that the QBs you mentioned in the years you mentioned didnt win everything....There's no connection between those years in any real sense...all different teams all different foes.,.all different times..
There isn't a reason for everything except in retrospect....

You do what wins for you..You have to....
Manning and Brady have proven ways of winning lots of games
I would never change something you did that worked better than it has for most anyone else...,...80% of the time ...

You strive for excellence not for change

No it isn't. They didn't win because they didn't have balance and relied solely on passing and that doesn't work. Neither offense or defense wins championships, balance does. Denver didn't have balance at all. They were a great passing team and a good rush defense and that was it. They had one of the worst pass defenses in the league and were average at best in rushing.

Yes, Manning and Brady have proven to win a lot of REGULAR SEASON games doing that but they were all flamed out and exposed by the time the post-season came around when they were statistically dominant. We are looking for post-season dominance, not regular season wins. Everyone would here would take a 8-8/9-7 regular season record with a Superbowl victory over a 15-1/16-0 regular season record but no Superbowl Victory.
_________________


^^ Joe_is_the_best on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5206
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePrimeTime12 wrote:
oldunclemark wrote:


That's not logical thinking.its sports talk radio..
It is a coincidence that the QBs you mentioned in the years you mentioned didnt win everything....There's no connection between those years in any real sense...all different teams all different foes.,.all different times..
There isn't a reason for everything except in retrospect....

You do what wins for you..You have to....
Manning and Brady have proven ways of winning lots of games
I would never change something you did that worked better than it has for most anyone else...,...80% of the time ...

You strive for excellence not for change

No it isn't. They didn't win because they didn't have balance and relied solely on passing and that doesn't work. Neither offense or defense wins championships, balance does. Denver didn't have balance at all. They were a great passing team and a good rush defense and that was it. They had one of the worst pass defenses in the league and were average at best in rushing.

Yes, Manning and Brady have proven to win a lot of REGULAR SEASON games doing that but they were all flamed out and exposed by the time the post-season came around when they were statistically dominant. We are looking for post-season dominance, not regular season wins. Everyone would here would take a 8-8/9-7 regular season record with a Superbowl victory over a 15-1/16-0 regular season record but no Superbowl Victory.


Well said! Applause Applause Applause Applause
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group