Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos sign C Montgomery
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear god

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orlando will be gone after 2014 under any circumstances...he knows it and that's why he wants to stay at tackle.
We're grooming a young tackle and Chris Clark is suited to play RT..

You're right about Elway...He's a business man with players and its like Beadles. Beadles did nothing but play hard...but financially we could do without him.
Moreno did nothing but play hard. But we could replace him more cheaply and we have planned to do that.
We could not have signed 3 new defensive starters without letting good players (but ones we could replace) walk..

Not personal. Just business....

mke1010 wrote:
Let me be the first to flat out predict that Orlando Franklin is gone after next year.
Elway has run the Broncos in a very business like fashion. Maximum efficiency with minimum distraction . His contract negotiations are straight forward. And there is little room for drama. This could be a one time ill advised out burst of emotion but if I had to put my money on it, I'd say Broncos will be looking to draft a Guard and a RT if they dont have faith in Painter being a long term starter at the position.

Quite frankly I am disappointed in Franklin. Dude is employed by the team and should STFU and play whatever role his employer wants him to.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldunclemark wrote:
Orlando will be gone after 2014 under any circumstances...he knows it and that's why he wants to stay at tackle.

We'll have to disagree there. Clark doesn't have enough sand in his pants to play RT on a fulltime basis. Franklin has too much. Just ask the Seahawks.

Orlando will forever be a marginal RT, which is what he is. Could be a stud in the interior but we might never know.
oldunclemark

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
oldunclemark wrote:

We'll have to disagree there. Clark doesn't have enough sand in his pants to play RT on a fulltime basis. Franklin has too much. Just ask the Seahawks.
Orlando will forever be a marginal RT, which is what he is. Could be a stud in the interior but we might never know.

Its funny what you say about Clark.
Clark played LT for an entire season...so I would think he'd be at leats average at RT...'sandy pants' notwithstanding

I tend not to predict the future in concrete when it comes to someone's playing ability in the line. I heard 1,000 times on the boards that Manny Ramirez could not play regularly and he was fine last season on a Super Bowl team...
If we let Franklin go..I'm guessing it will be because its contract time and we've got a younger, cheaper guy........
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want no part of Chris Clark at right tackle, that is not a good spot for him. He's not going to move anyone in the run game from what I've seen and that is a critical element of playing on the right side. If the plan is to move Franklin inside, we've simply deferred one hole on the line to another.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="oldunclemark"]
AKRNA wrote:
oldunclemark wrote:

Clark played LT for an entire season...so I would think he'd be at leats average at RT...'sandy pants' notwithstanding

quote]

Different skill set bud. Enough said.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Broncos would have signed John Michael Montgomery, there would have been little to no difference to this team.
hibdib31

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
If the Broncos would have signed John Michael Montgomery, there would have been little to no difference to this team.

Could ya would ya ain't ya gonna if I asked ya would ya wanna be be a Bronco this year?
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

Could ya would ya ain't ya gonna if I asked ya would ya wanna be be a Bronco this year?

MAUAHAHAHA! Nice!
ThePrimeTime12

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldunclemark wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
oldunclemark wrote:

I tend not to predict the future in concrete when it comes to someone's playing ability in the line. I heard 1,000 times on the boards that Manny Ramirez could not play regularly and he was fine last season on a Super Bowl team...
If we let Franklin go..I'm guessing it will be because its contract time and we've got a younger, cheaper guy........

RT is a linemen that is better at blocking for rushing situations and for power situations. Clark was decent at LT because he is good in pass pro. I would probably rather have Clark at LG than RT.

^^ Joe_is_the_best on the sig
Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't know why Franklin wouldn't be on this team for the foreseeable future. He was pretty darn good at RT, was he not?

Seems like we're focusing too much on a tweet that could literally mean anything.

If Denver decides he will be better at G and could be special at G, who wouldn't be on board? I highly doubt Franklin's tweet was about a move to guard. Guards (at least elite ones) get significantly more money than right tackles do, so if Denver thinks he can be elite there, why would he be against it? I mean think about it.

I like Franklin at RT and he's improved a lot, but Guard is more important than RT if you ask me. We can get a decent RT. Heck, we have one on the roster.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePrimeTime12 wrote:
oldunclemark wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
oldunclemark wrote:

RT is a linemen that is better at blocking for rushing situations and for power situations. Clark was decent at LT because he is good in pass pro. I would probably rather have Clark at LG than RT.

\

Stereotypically..RTs need to be better at run blocking. But not on Denver where we throw 40 times a game.
Both tackles need to be strong pass blockers in front of a guy like Peyton which would suggest that Clark would be well suited.
I'm not pushing Franklin out the door but he's gone after this year in a lot of scenarios. Clark was more than decent at left tackle..

I can see we're very hard on linemen here. Dont let one game over value the first 18.. Our offensive totals were more than decent
ThePrimeTime12

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldunclemark wrote:
ThePrimeTime12 wrote:
oldunclemark wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
oldunclemark wrote:

\

Stereotypically..RTs need to be better at run blocking. But not on Denver where we throw 40 times a game.
Both tackles need to be strong pass blockers in front of a guy like Peyton which would suggest that Clark would be well suited.
I'm not pushing Franklin out the door but he's gone after this year in a lot of scenarios. Clark was more than decent at left tackle..

I can see we're very hard on linemen here. Dont let one game over value the first 18.. Our offensive totals were more than decent

The thing is.....we don't want to pass 40 times a game anymore because it clearly does not conduce to winning Superbowls, maybe regular season games.

^^ Joe_is_the_best on the sig
Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You pass 40 times in a game if it's working. Denver's problem has been that they pass 40 times when it's not working.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

28-8 the last 2 years..You do what works for you...

the conclusion that the style of offense utilized while winning 80% of the time is the major reason you lose the other 20% isn't logic to me.

Its overthinking the situation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: