Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos sign C Montgomery
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobdevine

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orlando Franklin tweets:

Quote:
Twitter Fam Ė A few of you have asked about some recent tweets, so I wanted to take a second to clarify. I couldnít be happier to be part of the Broncos and will compete to help this team however/wherever I can!! I know I didnít have my best game in the Super Bowl, but Iím committed to putting in the work to get better. Also, one thing Iíve learned with social media is that you have to ignore the noise sometimes and not let it get the best of you!! Looking forward to joining my teammates for the start of workouts in a few weeks. #BroncosCountry
https://twitter.com/OFranklin74

I'm not clear that he clarifies his first tweet. Reading between the lines, it sounds like Franklin was asked to make a move to OG, initially was (umm) peeved, but is now okay with playing "however/wherever I can!!"

The position battle for OG might be the hottest topic during training camp.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
Orlando Franklin tweets:

Quote:
Twitter Fam Ė A few of you have asked about some recent tweets, so I wanted to take a second to clarify. I couldnít be happier to be part of the Broncos and will compete to help this team however/wherever I can!! I know I didnít have my best game in the Super Bowl, but Iím committed to putting in the work to get better. Also, one thing Iíve learned with social media is that you have to ignore the noise sometimes and not let it get the best of you!! Looking forward to joining my teammates for the start of workouts in a few weeks. #BroncosCountry
https://twitter.com/OFranklin74

I'm not clear that he clarifies his first tweet. Reading between the lines, it sounds like Franklin was asked to make a move to OG, initially was (umm) peeved, but is now okay with playing "however/wherever I can!!"

The position battle for OG might be the hottest topic during training camp.

Thats what I got from it too.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Rt's aren't really worth more financially than OG's.

Dominant OG's are $6mil +-. That's a pretty good payday. IMO Franklin is a decent RT, but has all the tools to be a dominant OG. Better payday at OG.

I'd be pissed too. Franklin has been ranked pretty high among the leagues right tackles. Assuming they asked him to move to LG on the last year of his contract would tick me off too if I were him. While I agree that he has the skillset to be elite at G, in his first year back, he'd probably a quality guard but only show flashes of elite play... this wouldn't get him paid like he's lining up for at RT.

My other theory for his twitter outburst is not only did they ask him to move to guard, but maybe they extended him a contract offer at guard pay, saying "this is where we see your future with us."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me be the first to flat out predict that Orlando Franklin is gone after next year.
Elway has run the Broncos in a very business like fashion. Maximum efficiency with minimum distraction . His contract negotiations are straight forward. And there is little room for drama. This could be a one time ill advised out burst of emotion but if I had to put my money on it, I'd say Broncos will be looking to draft a Guard and a RT if they dont have faith in Painter being a long term starter at the position.

Quite frankly I am disappointed in Franklin. Dude is employed by the team and should STFU and play whatever role his employer wants him to.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
Let me be the first to flat out predict that Orlando Franklin is gone after next year.
Elway has run the Broncos in a very business like fashion. Maximum efficiency with minimum distraction . His contract negotiations are straight forward. And there is little room for drama. This could be a one time ill advised out burst of emotion but if I had to put my money on it, I'd say Broncos will be looking to draft a Guard and a RT if they dont have faith in Painter being a long term starter at the position.

Quite frankly I am disappointed in Franklin. Dude is employed by the team and should STFU and play whatever role his employer wants him to.

Some of the character assassinations in here are funny
broncos67

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:

Dominant OG's are $6mil +-. That's a pretty good payday. IMO Franklin is a decent RT, but has all the tools to be a dominant OG. Better payday at OG.

And yet, Franklin has never played OG and frankly until he does, there's no reason to believe he'll be dominant. In fact, reports are that he was awful in TC at that position.

He has every right to be mad that in a contract year they're asking him to play a new position which frankly doesn't put him in a great spot to succeed.

Thanks, Tzimisce
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

And yet, Franklin has never played OG and frankly until he does, there's no reason to believe he'll be dominant. In fact, reports are that he was awful in TC at that position.

He has every right to be mad that in a contract year they're asking him to play a new position which frankly doesn't put him in a great spot to succeed.

You do know that Orlando was a Guard in college, right?
Winder23

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

Yes he did. He played alot of guard in college. In fact, guard was what most people thought he would play in the NFL.
broncos67

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

Yes he did. He played alot of guard in college. In fact, guard was what most people thought he would play in the NFL.

Should have clarified- he's never played OG in the NFL. I know he did in college. There's some fine tape of him rag-dolling Maryland defenders at both OG and OT

Thanks, Tzimisce
mke1010

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

Some of the character assassinations in here are funny

Are you sure you know what "character assassination" means? From your use of the term within the context of what I wrote, I doubt you do. Cheers.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

Just to clarify, he played every position on the OL except Center in college. Some believed RT was his best, some believed RG. Eyes of the beholder.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to have Yankey next to Ramirez and Clady, personally.

If we put Franklin at Guard and Clark at Tackle, we lose out on depth and run blocking (on the right side.

I'm right about LeBron regressing. Blasphemy to suggest his stats wouldn't improve & was a worse defender. My prediction that turned out true.
I think you're schizophrenic. Seek help.
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW about Yankey, Daniel Jeremiah said that not one scout/personnel guy he talked to thought Yankey would go in the first three rounds.

Thanks, Tzimisce
paul-mac

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
FWIW about Yankey, Daniel Jeremiah said that not one scout/personnel guy he talked to thought Yankey would go in the first three rounds.

Duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:

I agree with what you're saying to an extent. Elway runs a tight ship and has no patience and no tolerance for bulls**t. And I'm glad he does.

Everything you're saying beyond that, however, is speculation. And that's totally fine because that's what we do here. It is entirely possible that Franklin heard some dipstick on the radio talk a bunch of trash about him and he lashed out on Twitter. He was then brought into Dove Valley and read the riot act. He then let things cool down for a few weeks and apologized.

You could be correct or the above account I just invented could be correct. Or, more likely, the truth could lie somewhere in the middle.

But, before any of us jump all over Franklin, let's remember it could be a lot worse. He could have stared in an awful reality show and in so doing embarrassing his bosses, his coaches, his teammates and all of Broncos Country. He could have taken money from every company in the state to do commercials, talked incessantly about how much he loves being a Bronco and loves living in Denver only the clarify it in the eleventh hour with "I have to take care of my family" and then proceed to chase money and attention by joining a team that just happens to reside in the biggest media market in western hemisphere.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: