Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft 1.1
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiefer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
Only reason I don't like 2 DL is I'm higher on Catapano than most. Maybe some bias for me because I loved him pre draft as well.

That and with the amount of time we spend with 2 DL on the field, I'm not sure it values 2 out of our first 3 picks.

Love Ellis and like McCullers though. I do think Ellis can play some LE in a run stuffing role, which is really what we need.

Zach Kerr is another option. Also think he can play a NT/LE role.
Thing I have a problem with is there was no rotation for Poe. Feel like we have to find a NT this draft, or we're going to face serious consequences in the future.

Ellis is like Poe-lite if that makes sense, small school guy with insane short area quickness. That's a good back-up for Poe

Would love more rotation for a lot of our best guys, feel like they play way to many snaps in general and a better rotation needs to be set up.

Gonna have to look up Kerr, heard about him but haven't turned on the tape. Carrethers is another guy, but Ellis reminds me of Poe-lite if that makes sense and they'd be deadly together.

Also explain to me how you run on a hypothetical line of Poe-Ellis-McCullers?
Jeebus 1000+ Lbs between 3 people.

Cut Bailey, keep Cat. Problem solved. Cool I'm down to keep 6 DL.
TD: 0
Chiefer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
I like it.

I'd probably prefer an OL late over Archer. He feels like a bit of a luxury pick while the OL is still the biggest question mark remaining.. so i'd add to it instead.

From what I've seen in the past, what Reid wants, Reid gets.

If Archer is sitting there with our final pick he's gonna be a Chief. I wouldn't doubt it.

OL probably would be a good idea though, Justin Britt? Isn't there a Giant OL from Kansas State? Someone will be there we like.
Morkim

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
DT, Why do you think I picked that picture? His legs are the size of some people. Laughing His nickname is Shade Tree for a reason. How can you hate a guy like that? I bet you guys are gonna fall in love with him in no time. He's gonna be an Elite run defender in this league, only he's going to be way cheaper than Tyson ever was. Seems like a Dorsey move to me.

Oh and Toub's gonna love him for Special Teams.

Its funny you mention RB, is Gray still on the roster? Maybe we target a guy, Archer can perform RB in a pinch. Also, Archer is the McCluster we always wanted. One with speed.

I think its definitely a possibility that we're trading back this year, talent-rich class someone's gonna want to move up. I'm holding that pick for a king's ransom though.

Gray is still on the Roster. Our RBs are JC/Knile/Gray and I'm pretty happy with that. Gray did okay in the Colts game except getting overthrown by Alex on what coulda been the TD to let us win it. Razz
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer, good job overall. Just some opinions :

I think at this point everyone in here knows I am an ODB fan (probably the first! Wink ). I love what he would bring to our offense.

I have dug into McCullers quite a bit as I was very intrigued by his size and strength. That being said I believe he is a huge project (pun intended). He moves laterally surprisingly well for his size but has a very hard time with what I call "true" leverage, which is all about technique. He pretty much gets by using his strength to hold the point but that will be much, much harder in the NFL. I think his height is actually going to always make it hard for him to keep blockers from getting under his pads. I would prefer someone at DE that projects to bring more pressure.

I really like Justin Ellis alot (I did a prospect profile on him quite some time ago in here). I think he will end up going higher than our 4th round pick. IMO he has a real chance of being off of the board at our third round pick.

I think you have some players a little low, like Archer and Huff. I like both (Archer more than Huff). Breslin could also go a bit higher.

Overall, I would like this draft if it shook out that way. I would probably go in another direction than McCullers and I think some players are lower than where they will likely go. Love Beckham.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morkim wrote:

Gray is still on the Roster. Our RBs are JC/Knile/Gray and I'm pretty happy with that. Gray did okay in the Colts game except getting overthrown by Alex on what coulda been the TD to let us win it. Razz

I like Gray so that's good, I feel like the offense, cough Reid, needs to capitalize on this plethora of running talent next year. Including the Shermanator, #1 rated FB by PFFF, so MOAR runs please. Thanks.

I say that but don't pick an OL in my mock. ha

Nic, Vance Walker is the pass rusher, for now McCullers will just focus on that Run defense. Everything with him is coachable, and I'm willing to roll the dice.

You guys may not want to admit it but I enjoyed teams not being able to run at Tyson/Houston. In the other forums, many other fans talked of the importance of that Elite run defender and that Tyson will be missed.

In a way I agree, while that 5 million a year won't be missed among many other things, another guy to get after it in the run game can only help. Especially if we're adamant about running those 2-down lineman sub-packages.

I mean if this team is going to continue to not know how to tackle people. I mean at the very least slow the guy down, especially the secondary. I honestly don't know of a better solution then more lineman.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: