Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft 1.1
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiefer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Mock Draft 1.1 Reply with quote

23) Odell Beckham Jr., WR, LSU

One-handed catches, one-handed catches everywhere. ODB Falls into Reid's greedy paws because he's "short". Oh yeah well, 10 inch hands bro.

3rd) Daniel McCullers, DE/DT/NT, Tennessee

So we lost Tyson Jackson, didn't get to see Red Bryant. Does a 6'8, 351 Lb Giant make up for it? Good lord he dwarfs Poe Laughing I think he's got a chance to be a good LE, at the very least he can pair up with Walker.

4th) Justin Ellis, NT/DT, LA Tech

Over 1000 snaps for Poe, yeah he's awesome. I feel like if he keeps that up he's gonna age faster than that bad guy from The Last Crusade. Now you're probably wondering, two big guys? I'm imagining a day where, Poe-Ellis-McCullers/Walker is a future I can get behind. Plus Ellis is a good pass rusher, despite his size. Its my mock so sue me.

5th) Marqueston Huff, FS/CB, Wyoming

Another DB in the 5th round, unfortunate but necessary. Huff is kinda athletic, could stand to get stronger, but could stick if you throw him into the mix.

6a) Dri Archer, WR/RB, Kent

Charles-ODB-Archer, how you gonna cover that speed? Plus Bowe's gonna be wide open with the formations going on in my head

6b) Morgan Breslin, DE/OLB, USC

Another 91 in Red And Gold? Hmmmmm. Breslin is legit but falls due to lack of production as a JUCO transfer and injury.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know didn't do anything with the OL, but I felt like we're on the Rishaw-Linkenbach hope and a prayer. Jeff Allen another year as a starter I'm starting to dread, hopefully we can find another UDFA all-pro.

FS is still a question, hopefully we sign Manning. I know we're confident in Commings, hopefully more competition with a rookie and Abdullah as well will cure what ails us.

So now you may rip me apart. Cool
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't... hate it.

honestly if we get ODB Jr. I'll be so thrilled I won't care about the rest of the draft. I'm scared that he won't fall though...

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Morkim

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it.

Maybe swap out a Guard with 6b. But I can't complain as I can see your view there, and 6b is a long shot either way.
Kcpre

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you got 2 of my favorite players in Beckham and Ellis so I wouldn't complain much
Cutler06

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer....good eye for talent Wink

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
Flexx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. Nice draft and Beckham would be fine. I don't think he will drop that far, that's why either Cooks or Lee could be the pick at #23, if they go WR. Pick in the 3rd is fine but an OG like Thomas might work better.
samsel23

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Switch the 3rd Rounder to Dion Bailey and I'd LOVE that draft.

Only reason for switching is we're pretty solid at DL. DeVito, Bailey, Walker, Catapano, and Poe is a good 5 man rotation. Add in Ellis for a NT/LE swing spot and I'm not seeing another spot on the 53 for a DL.

Huff, Beckham, and Ellis are 3 of my favorite players though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this draft if it played out this way, I'd be ecstatic. That being said a couple observations, thoughts.

I think it's unlikely as others have said that we go back to back DL. Especially because I fully expect us to add another veteran at some point after the draft. But the same could be said for the OL if you went that way. Post June 1 cuts could be huge for this team yet again, and honestly I think might be part of the reason we haven't chased more people early. We want to see how the draft plays out.

ODB is my guy, those clips just made it that much more awesome. Plus it'd be interesting to draft another LSU WR with the 23rd pick.

Adding Archer that late would be awesome, I could see someone snagging him much earlier if they fall in love with him though.

If we go another direction in round one, it wouldn't shock me to see Reid go after a guy like Abberderis from WI, though I think he'll be long gone by the time we're drafting in 3. Could be a trade back type of guy though for sure.

If our draft played out like this, as silly as it sounds, think about how exciting out offense could be. I mean, we're talking Madden type of options. Think about this offense. Dri in the slot, ODB and Bowe outside, and JC and Knile in the backfield at the same time. NOW that is a coverage nightmare.
wishbone20

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love McCullers. Man will probably never delelop a pass rush more than a bull rush. But for an interior lineman who could improve technique that's all he'll really need. Pushed around single blocks all the time and held the POA well for a man that tall. Especially with Walker on the team I think he makes sense.

Would rather have cooks but OBJ is monster
Chiefer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay DL needs more explaining.

I don't think our Line is good at all, in fact besides Poe its pretty garbage.

We've got Poe and? Devito? He's okay, but not much better. Still don't think Walker is a good fit at LE, may just be a guy who comes in on sub-packages. Catapano, I'm not throwing my eggs into a Princeton basket I believe in development so maybe he becomes what Bailey was supposed to be?. Speaking of which, Bailey sucks, has zero fluidity, somehow he became solid enough at run defending last year but I don't think he makes it past training camp if we have any talent at all out there. I do not really trust these guys.

Now the picks, the reasoning I went back-to-back is because McCullers isn't going to be a NT(despite listing him as such) because he's way too tall and Ellis isn't a LE. If I could find a player that did both I'd just draft him instead. Ellis I don't think is there in the 5th, McCullers won't fall to the 4th so I rolled the dice.

McCullers will be that run defender to Walker's pass rush, and Ellis spells Poe eventually moving him to RDE once Devito's done. Both these guys defeat Single teams regularly, so hope is there for greatness gents.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
Chiefer....good eye for talent Wink

Sarcasm? I have no idea, thanks if you're being sincere.
DT58_lives_on wrote:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with this draft if it played out this way, I'd be ecstatic. That being said a couple observations, thoughts.

I think it's unlikely as others have said that we go back to back DL. Especially because I fully expect us to add another veteran at some point after the draft. But the same could be said for the OL if you went that way. Post June 1 cuts could be huge for this team yet again, and honestly I think might be part of the reason we haven't chased more people early. We want to see how the draft plays out.

ODB is my guy, those clips just made it that much more awesome. Plus it'd be interesting to draft another LSU WR with the 23rd pick.

Adding Archer that late would be awesome, I could see someone snagging him much earlier if they fall in love with him though.

If we go another direction in round one, it wouldn't shock me to see Reid go after a guy like Abberderis from WI, though I think he'll be long gone by the time we're drafting in 3. Could be a trade back type of guy though for sure.

If our draft played out like this, as silly as it sounds, think about how exciting out offense could be. I mean, we're talking Madden type of options. Think about this offense. Dri in the slot, ODB and Bowe outside, and JC and Knile in the backfield at the same time. NOW that is a coverage nightmare.

Yeah still plenty of Lineman out there, not really worried about Guard at this point. Especially since our line became decent after a half-year's work together, and we wanted to replace all those guys to start the year IIRC.

Abbrederis has major red flags with head injuries. Allegedly many concussions going back to HS, the Raiders were the only team that worked him out during the Wisconsin pro day. I think he's gonna have trouble getting drafted.

Dat Offense doe. Imagine having a 4.2/ two 4.3/ and a 4.4 guy all on the field together? Awesome stuff may just happen.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer, I don't think you could have picked a better picture of McCullers. Honestly I just cannot get over how big that dude is. While I'm jaded by the guys that look like Tarzan and play like Jane (Bailey), size alone interests me with that guy. Combine that with thinking about his height and wingspan tipping/knocking down passes at the line and I get excited.

Honestly as I've said, not positions really would surprise me in this draft besides the obvious of RB. I think this draft will hinge on WHO falls. If a guy like Bridgewater or Manziel fell, I could see some action around our pick.

Our challenge however may be deciding if there is more value in WHO is available at our pick as an upgrade versus the value of trading back. If that makes sense. While I'd love to add more picks, if we're sitting there and a guy like Pryor/Cooks/Ha-ha or ODB is there, it'd be a tough pill to swallow if we moved back into the late first/early second and didn't gain a 3rd or more.
samsel23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only reason I don't like 2 DL is I'm higher on Catapano than most. Maybe some bias for me because I loved him pre draft as well.

That and with the amount of time we spend with 2 DL on the field, I'm not sure it values 2 out of our first 3 picks.

Love Ellis and like McCullers though. I do think Ellis can play some LE in a run stuffing role, which is really what we need.

Zach Kerr is another option. Also think he can play a NT/LE role.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it.

I'd probably prefer an OL late over Archer. He feels like a bit of a luxury pick while the OL is still the biggest question mark remaining.. so i'd add to it instead.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
Chiefer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT, Why do you think I picked that picture? His legs are the size of some people. Laughing His nickname is Shade Tree for a reason. How can you hate a guy like that? I bet you guys are gonna fall in love with him in no time. He's gonna be an Elite run defender in this league, only he's going to be way cheaper than Tyson ever was. Seems like a Dorsey move to me.

Oh and Toub's gonna love him for Special Teams.

Its funny you mention RB, is Gray still on the roster? Maybe we target a guy, Archer can perform RB in a pinch. Also, Archer is the McCluster we always wanted. One with speed.

I think its definitely a possibility that we're trading back this year, talent-rich class someone's gonna want to move up. I'm holding that pick for a king's ransom though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: