Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams Sign WR Kenny Britt (1y/1.4m)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 46874
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zn wrote:


This is all of course hypothetical and us two just discussing it in a vacuum. Given that, no, I don't think the nature of the contract tells us much. First, WR FA contracts are notoriously overpriced so the only way the Rams can afford a FA WR this year is by doing a 1 year with a damaged goods kind of guy. But I also I think they're perfectly happy to spot-fill holes from year to year in that way, and then extend them if they come through. That's the way it worked with Hayes. If they wanted to get virtually any other vet WR their only 2 choices would be to trade for a guy or to pay up far bigger than they did with Britt....and they simply cannot afford that.


As I just said, if the Rams envisioned Britt as a lock as a future contributor to this team, they would have signed him to longer than an one year deal. If you were to argue the opposite, you'd want to argue Britt not wanting to accept a multi-year deal...not the Rams being able to afford it.

The Rams aren't letting a guy on an one year deal influence draft plans. Because in order for it to influence draft plans, the Rams would have to feel assured that Britt will be a major player for us. Otherwise, it's a flier on a guy who may give us nothing. And that's not going to stop you from drafting anybody.

As far as Hayes is concerned, he was coming off the worst year of his career. The Rams took the same shot on him, he played great football and they rewarded him with a 3 year deal. But again, the Rams had little idea what Hayes would give them. Hayes would not have changed their draft plans.

Teams build a board and they almost always stick to it. The Rams aren't altering their board because they took a blind shot on a WR that hasn't looked like anything but washed up since his knee injury.

Quote:
Getting Hayes in the way they did--that did not mean they were uninterested in him longterm or that they didn't really see themselves as investing in the guy. It's very similar in a lot of respects--though with Hayes, he had been injured and needed to prove himself, whereas Britt is just a headcase (with injuries in his background).


And if Britt puts up something like 1000 yards next year, they'll invest in him in the long term. That's the point of these sort of contracts. They're giving a chance to a guy that shown talent in the past but has struggled of late.

But the Rams can't see the future. The guy they picked up was AWFUL in 2013. He's not going to influence their draft plans.

Quote:
I get your opinion that this is positive, but my own very different opinion is that the move is a step backwards at WR. I had similar reservations about Cook last year. I am not worried about the money--a cap hit of 0.5 M of guaranteed money if they have to dump him is not that big a deal. What I don't like is that it's Britt. It's not just that Britt has underperformed, or that he got benched, or that he has a lot of injuries behind him, or that he has 9 public run-ins with the law (though that's a lot). He also has a rep for being a quitter, and the stuff where I quote him complaining about the team is really not all that encouraging. If my kids talked like that I would worry about them.


Yea, you might not want to make assumptions when you just joined here. This is what I said about Britt a few weeks ago when it came out he was visiting the Rams:
jrry32 wrote:
Kenny Britt is garbage on the field and a headache off of it. I don't want him on this team.


But he's on the team now so I am going to suck it up, support the guy, and hope for the best.

Quote:
And if it does turn out that they believe they're fine with Britt and don't need to add a top receiver in the draft, I think it will be a mistake.

If on the other hand I'm wrong about that possibility and they do draft someone (high in the draft) I will still wonder why they think they needed Britt in the first place.


Or maybe the Rams never have planned to draft a WR in the first round and signing Britt has nothing to do with that.

Or maybe the Rams have always planned to draft a WR in the first round and Britt was signed just to be competition for Brian Quick and Austin Pettis to push them.

Those just seem more plausible to me.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zn


Joined: 28 Feb 2014
Posts: 103
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
zn wrote:


This is all of course hypothetical and us two just discussing it in a vacuum. Given that, no, I don't think the nature of the contract tells us much. First, WR FA contracts are notoriously overpriced so the only way the Rams can afford a FA WR this year is by doing a 1 year with a damaged goods kind of guy. But I also I think they're perfectly happy to spot-fill holes from year to year in that way, and then extend them if they come through. That's the way it worked with Hayes. If they wanted to get virtually any other vet WR their only 2 choices would be to trade for a guy or to pay up far bigger than they did with Britt....and they simply cannot afford that.


As I just said, if the Rams envisioned Britt as a lock as a future contributor to this team, they would have signed him to longer than an one year deal. If you were to argue the opposite, you'd want to argue Britt not wanting to accept a multi-year deal...not the Rams being able to afford it.

The Rams aren't letting a guy on an one year deal influence draft plans. Because in order for it to influence draft plans, the Rams would have to feel assured that Britt will be a major player for us. Otherwise, it's a flier on a guy who may give us nothing. And that's not going to stop you from drafting anybody.

As far as Hayes is concerned, he was coming off the worst year of his career. The Rams took the same shot on him, he played great football and they rewarded him with a 3 year deal. But again, the Rams had little idea what Hayes would give them. Hayes would not have changed their draft plans.

Teams build a board and they almost always stick to it. The Rams aren't altering their board because they took a blind shot on a WR that hasn't looked like anything but washed up since his knee injury.

Quote:
Getting Hayes in the way they did--that did not mean they were uninterested in him longterm or that they didn't really see themselves as investing in the guy. It's very similar in a lot of respects--though with Hayes, he had been injured and needed to prove himself, whereas Britt is just a headcase (with injuries in his background).


And if Britt puts up something like 1000 yards next year, they'll invest in him in the long term. That's the point of these sort of contracts. They're giving a chance to a guy that shown talent in the past but has struggled of late.

But the Rams can't see the future. The guy they picked up was AWFUL in 2013. He's not going to influence their draft plans.

Quote:
I get your opinion that this is positive, but my own very different opinion is that the move is a step backwards at WR. I had similar reservations about Cook last year. I am not worried about the money--a cap hit of 0.5 M of guaranteed money if they have to dump him is not that big a deal. What I don't like is that it's Britt. It's not just that Britt has underperformed, or that he got benched, or that he has a lot of injuries behind him, or that he has 9 public run-ins with the law (though that's a lot). He also has a rep for being a quitter, and the stuff where I quote him complaining about the team is really not all that encouraging. If my kids talked like that I would worry about them.


Yea, you might not want to make assumptions when you just joined here. This is what I said about Britt a few weeks ago when it came out he was visiting the Rams:
jrry32 wrote:
Kenny Britt is garbage on the field and a headache off of it. I don't want him on this team.


But he's on the team now so I am going to suck it up, support the guy, and hope for the best.

Quote:
And if it does turn out that they believe they're fine with Britt and don't need to add a top receiver in the draft, I think it will be a mistake.

If on the other hand I'm wrong about that possibility and they do draft someone (high in the draft) I will still wonder why they think they needed Britt in the first place.


Or maybe the Rams never have planned to draft a WR in the first round and signing Britt has nothing to do with that.

Or maybe the Rams have always planned to draft a WR in the first round and Britt was signed just to be competition for Brian Quick and Austin Pettis to push them.

Those just seem more plausible to me.


I see that our opinions on this differ. Cool It's probably going to stay that way.

One thing, though...try not to write point by point posts. They're harder to respond to, cause they are a problem to format when you respond to one, and besides in my experience, when someone has gotten to the point where they are writing those kinds of posts, I generally dont think it's conducive to actual conversation. You can ignore that if you want, obviously, but I have always felt that way.

Anyway, the Rams would be idiots to consider Britt a lock for the future at this point, and that has nothing to do with what I was saying. I don't think they have to consider him a "lock" to have the effect I was talking about. So I simply don't agree that draft plans are influenced only by longterm deals. There are way too many other considerations that come to my mind to make that a simple lock. For example, they could just be taking WR off the shelf this year because they intend to use the draft for other things they consider more urgent. So he placeholds a spot. Later then they can sort it out either by signing Britt to a new longer deal if he works out, or signing another guy early in FA if he doesn't work out, or by going "okay this year we can/should draft a WR high unlike our decision in 2014." I don;t have any direct knowledge on what they're thinking on that any more than you do, of course. My only real statement on this is that I don't like the possibility that signing Britt is related to whether they will draft a WR high. I still of course feel that way and I still think it's a likely possibility.

Yes Hayes had been injured so he got a short term. Plus of course the Rams apparently wait in free agency and see who is out there when the money has gone down, and there was Hayes. Hayes in turn chose them because of Waufle (at least that's what he said). But they were trying him out, right? They had every intention of keeping him assuming he worked out--and they also intended to have a strong rotation at DE, it's just that they were not going to draft for it in 2012, for any number of reasons. He at least signified a presumed need, though not a high priority one for the draft. To me, it's probably the same with Britt, as near as anyone not in the Rams offices can tell, or why bother in the first place.

I also think that Fisher thinks he can redeem, restore, or recover players...it's just part of his nature.

In terms of the draft, from what I have seen, the Rams are not a BPA team (though of course no one is purely that) and they have not finalized their board yet anyway. High in the draft, they target players; and of course if they have multiple equivalently graded options at a spot they weigh the greater need.

You have a particular view about how to feel about a guy when the Rams sign him. That's fine, I get that. I don't share that view, at least not in this case. A couple of weeks ago, I thought he would be a bad signing, and I think he IS a bad signing. So my opinion about supporting every Ram just differs from yours. Which is fine...I ain't gonna tell YOU how you should feel, and the Rams fan world is big enough to allow different opinions on that, right? In my case Britt would have to do an awful lot to convince me he was worth it, and that stuff would have to happen during the season. Until then...I don't like it.

I didn't make any assumptions about Britt. I reacted directly to something he said, plus I weighed that in with his prior actions. And what he said is objectionable to me. To me, someone with more maturity or class wouldn't have said what I quoted in this thread. That stuff is not a good sign.

When you say "maybe this, maybe that," it;s true, right now neither of us know what they're thinking. You find one thing more plausible, and I don't agree...to me it looks like it's entirely possible Britt means 2 things at once: first, that they know they need another WR, and 2nd, that they are willing to make an effort to plug that up this way and use the draft for other things. If that is true, as I half-suspect it is, I think it's a mistake. FWIW Wagoner and JT don't think that's the case...they're saying Britt would have no effect on the draft. Still...I feel differently.

Have we gracefully arrived at agree to disagree territory yet? Cause...I just feel the way I feel. I also don't have that much invested. I was more into "put in my 2 cents on this" then intending to go all Suh/Bradford on it. Cool

Anyway, if Britt actually turns himself around and plays the part right, I will say so.

.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kgarrett12486


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 9694
Location: Busch III
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zn wrote:
And of course I said the issue for me isn't whether Britt can be released without much of a cap hit. For me, it's that Fisher may think he now doesn't have to add a receiver.


If that's the way Fisher and Snead feel, then so be it. I highly doubt that is the case though. I'd find it hard to believe that if they have a certain WR at the top of their board and he's available at their pick that they'd pass just because they added a guy on a 1 yr deal. Just doesn't make sense from a future operations perspective...

Even Jim Thomas, who's much more plugged in than anyone had this to say about them potentially drafting a WR now with the addition of Britt...

Jim Thomas wrote:
Hard to predict what the Rams will get out of Britt, which explains in part why the Rams have incentives in the contract that could basically double itís value. Again I donít think Britt precludes them from drafting Watkins or Evans.


Jim Thomas wrote:
I donít think we should make too big of a link between the signing of Britt and the Rams not taking Watkins. If Britt was signed to a five-year, $30 million contract, yeah. But itís a modest 1-year deal. Judging from what Fisher told me at the owners meetings, it doesnít sound like the Rams are going to take a WR high in the draft. But that doesnít have much to do with Britt.


zn wrote:
In terms of signing a guard, they just whittled down their cap space, so I am not sure they can.


Right now estimates put them around $5.5-6 million with the Britt addition. They haven't received the kick-back of $3 million from the Finnegan deal, which would bump them up to $8.5-9 million. They could still add a veteran OG on a veteran minimum contract, which is what they're rumored to be looking at. Guys like Joseph, or bringing back Harvey Dahl...

zn wrote:
Hoping the WRs they have will develop is, to me anyway, not a way to build a WR corps. And in terms of being pushed, I doubt Britt is the guy to push them.


Britt is the perfect type to push some of the young guys. He's a guy that should be hungry to come in and re-establish his value around the NFL. Add in the fact that he isn't guaranteed anything on this team (playing time, next to nothing in guaranteed money, spot on the roster). That is perfect for competition...

zn wrote:
It seems we just have different opinions on a matter where no one really knows anything for certain.


I have no problem with differing opinions. I'm just giving the reasons behind mine, just like you're doing...
_________________

IDOG_det on the sig...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zn


Joined: 28 Feb 2014
Posts: 103
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
zn wrote:
And of course I said the issue for me isn't whether Britt can be released without much of a cap hit. For me, it's that Fisher may think he now doesn't have to add a receiver.


If that's the way Fisher and Snead feel, then so be it. I highly doubt that is the case though. I'd find it hard to believe that if they have a certain WR at the top of their board and he's available at their pick that they'd pass just because they added a guy on a 1 yr deal. Just doesn't make sense from a future operations perspective...

Even Jim Thomas, who's much more plugged in than anyone had this to say about them potentially drafting a WR now with the addition of Britt...

Jim Thomas wrote:
Hard to predict what the Rams will get out of Britt, which explains in part why the Rams have incentives in the contract that could basically double itís value. Again I donít think Britt precludes them from drafting Watkins or Evans.


Jim Thomas wrote:
I donít think we should make too big of a link between the signing of Britt and the Rams not taking Watkins. If Britt was signed to a five-year, $30 million contract, yeah. But itís a modest 1-year deal. Judging from what Fisher told me at the owners meetings, it doesnít sound like the Rams are going to take a WR high in the draft. But that doesnít have much to do with Britt.


zn wrote:
In terms of signing a guard, they just whittled down their cap space, so I am not sure they can.


Right now estimates put them around $5.5-6 million with the Britt addition. They haven't received the kick-back of $3 million from the Finnegan deal, which would bump them up to $8.5-9 million. They could still add a veteran OG on a veteran minimum contract, which is what they're rumored to be looking at. Guys like Joseph, or bringing back Harvey Dahl...

zn wrote:
Hoping the WRs they have will develop is, to me anyway, not a way to build a WR corps. And in terms of being pushed, I doubt Britt is the guy to push them.


Britt is the perfect type to push some of the young guys. He's a guy that should be hungry to come in and re-establish his value around the NFL. Add in the fact that he isn't guaranteed anything on this team (playing time, next to nothing in guaranteed money, spot on the roster). That is perfect for competition...

zn wrote:
It seems we just have different opinions on a matter where no one really knows anything for certain.


I have no problem with differing opinions. I'm just giving the reasons behind mine, just like you're doing...


A couple of quick things. I said myself that JT didn't think the Britt thing was related to the draft, but then since I said that, he changed up on that on 920 AM radio, where he wonders if Britt will influence the draft. So who knows.

http://www.insidestlaudio.com/ITD_Audio/040114-3TMA.mp3

It's about 4-something minutes in.

To me when it comes to the draft, it makes perfect sense that if they have equivalently ranked players at a spot, they factor in need. They do apparently target specific guys high in the draft (which is why they would trade up for Austin). You would think their sense of what they have on the team contributes to that.

I don't personally believe Britt will push the Rams receivers. If anything we can maybe hope it's the other way around. Cool Plus I don't think the issue with the Rams young receivers is whether or not they have their competitive fires lit. I think they are just lacking at receiver (though that;s complicated). So we have some everyday routine disagreement there, too.

In terms of the cap, teams usually need around 1.2 or more M to pay for things like the practice squad plus other league considerations, plus the rookie pool is somewhere around 6 M give or take. So they have around 7 M committed already. Teams usually want to go into the season with 2-3 M in cap space in case they need injury replacement signings. So I think they are right up there on the line...though JT also says in that podcast that they still have offers out to Colledge and Jospeh, so we'll see how they work that.

.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kgarrett12486


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 9694
Location: Busch III
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zn wrote:
A couple of quick things. I said myself that JT didn't think the Britt thing was related to the draft, but then since I said that, he changed up on that on 920 AM radio, where he wonders if Britt will influence the draft. So who knows.


Where did you say this? I haven't seen it in this thread...

Also, I listened to the clip. JT didn't change his stance, he simply said that "we'll see" how it affects the draft...

He basically is saying he doesn't know what will happen come draft day. He didn't change his personal stance though in that he thinks a WR could still be in play...

zn wrote:
To me when it comes to the draft, it makes perfect sense that if they have equivalently ranked players at a spot, they factor in need. They do apparently target specific guys high in the draft (which is why they would trade up for Austin). You would think their sense of what they have on the team contributes to that.


I agree with that, if player X and player Y are almost equal in their grade, they would draft for the needed spot...

However, if player X, (who happens to be a WR) grades out higher on their board and player Y (who happens to be a FS) are both there, I don't see them sacrificing quality to fill the need (unless they're trading down to accumulate more)...

zn wrote:
I don't personally believe Britt will push the Rams receivers. If anything we can maybe hope it's the other way around. Cool Plus I don't think the issue with the Rams young receivers is whether or not they have their competitive fires lit. I think they are just lacking at receiver (though that;s complicated). So we have some everyday routine disagreement there, too.


Fair enough, although I disagree. I think they have good talent on the roster at WR. Especially with an offense where they're likely to feature the run first and foremost...

They can always upgrade if they deem the player just that, an upgrade. I don't see them taking a WR just to take one though. It would have to be a marquee name on their board to displace what they have...
_________________

IDOG_det on the sig...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zn


Joined: 28 Feb 2014
Posts: 103
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Where did you say this? I haven't seen it in this thread...

Also, I listened to the clip. JT didn't change his stance, he simply said that "we'll see" how it affects the draft...


Blue bit: In print he said it wouldn't have an effect. In the podcast he asks, would it effect the draft? We'll see. That means in the podcast, he leaves it open as a legit question. He's not anywhere near as categorical and open and shut as he was in print: "we'll see how this effects Sammy Watkins or if they even take another receiver now in the draft."

Red bit--I posted it here, this thread:

Quote:
zn

Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:27 am

FWIW Wagoner and JT don't think that's the case...they're saying Britt would have no effect on the draft. Still...I feel differently.


I wrote that before I heard the podcast.

.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holt_bruce81


Joined: 23 Oct 2005
Posts: 20066
Location: St. Louis
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think the Rams are more confident in their Receiving Core than most fans are. I think they're fine going in to the season with Austin-Bailey-Quick-Britt-Givens-Pettis. Just need them to take that next step.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
kgarrett12486


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 9694
Location: Busch III
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zn wrote:
Blue bit: In print he said it wouldn't have an effect. In the podcast he asks, would it effect the draft? We'll see. That means in the podcast, he leaves it open as a legit question. He's not anywhere near as categorical and open and shut as he was in print.


Like I said, he's basically saying "we'll see what happens" which is not the same as him saying "I think Britt takes Watkins off the board"...

He didn't change his opinion, he just said we'll see what happens. In no way from that clip did I take away that he was changing how he felt from the print chat...

zn wrote:
Red bit--I posted it here:

Quote:
zn

Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:27 am

FWIW Wagoner and JT don't think that's the case...they're saying Britt would have no effect on the draft. Still...I feel differently.


I wrote that before I heard the podcast.


Where is this from? It's not from this thread...

If you're going to say you spoke to/posted something and the allude to it you should preface it by saying it's from another board, thread, chat, etc...

Or at least give a link after it. Otherwise we'll just think you're talking about this board/thread...
_________________

IDOG_det on the sig...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zn


Joined: 28 Feb 2014
Posts: 103
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
zn wrote:
Blue bit: In print he said it wouldn't have an effect. In the podcast he asks, would it effect the draft? We'll see. That means in the podcast, he leaves it open as a legit question. He's not anywhere near as categorical and open and shut as he was in print.


Like I said, he's basically saying "we'll see what happens" which is not the same as him saying "I think Britt takes Watkins off the board"...

He didn't change his opinion, he just said we'll see what happens. In no way from that clip did I take away that he was changing how he felt from the print chat...

zn wrote:
Red bit--I posted it here:

Quote:
zn

Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:27 am

FWIW Wagoner and JT don't think that's the case...they're saying Britt would have no effect on the draft. Still...I feel differently.


I wrote that before I heard the podcast.


Where is this from? It's not from this thread...

If you're going to say you spoke to/posted something and the allude to it you should preface it by saying it's from another board, thread, chat, etc...

Or at least give a link after it. Otherwise we'll just think you're talking about this board/thread...


I disagree about what JT said. I heard it as different from his in-print statements, which I didn't expect. I don't think he "basically said" something, I think he said what I quoted. To him it's a legit question. That's how I took it.

The post you're looking for is in this thread, as I said. It's just a few posts back... The time signature ought to convey where. Page 4, 3rd paragraph from the bottom.



.

.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DEE RAWL


Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Posts: 4521
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
I do think the Rams are more confident in their Receiving Core than most fans are. I think they're fine going in to the season with Austin-Bailey-Quick-Britt-Givens-Pettis. Just need them to take that next step.


I agree with this 100 percent.

Furthermore, even though he is a TE-- I think Cook adds to their comfort level as well.

As you put it, our WR/TE group hasnt given our FO any reason to feel comfortable, but I think they do feel comfortable.
_________________
2015 QB Rankings:

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Brett Hundley
3. Bryce Petty
4. Jameis Winston


Last edited by DEE RAWL on Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 46874
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zn wrote:


I see that our opinions on this differ. Cool It's probably going to stay that way.

One thing, though...try not to write point by point posts. They're harder to respond to, cause they are a problem to format when you respond to one, and besides in my experience, when someone has gotten to the point where they are writing those kinds of posts, I generally dont think it's conducive to actual conversation. You can ignore that if you want, obviously, but I have always felt that way.


I always write these kind of posts. I prefer to order things and address a person's post point by point. It allows me to organize things better, revisit an earlier point to expand on it, and I am able to make sure that I respond to everything relevant. Plus, I think it helps acknowledge to the person that I am reading the entirety of their post instead of picking small parts to harp on.

Regardless, I hear and respect your opinion but it's the way I prefer to do things so I am sorry but I will not honor that request.

Quote:
Have we gracefully arrived at agree to disagree territory yet? Cause...I just feel the way I feel. I also don't have that much invested. I was more into "put in my 2 cents on this" then intending to go all Suh/Bradford on it. Cool


We're always in that territory. Wink
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zn


Joined: 28 Feb 2014
Posts: 103
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zn wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
zn wrote:
Blue bit: In print he said it wouldn't have an effect. In the podcast he asks, would it effect the draft? We'll see. That means in the podcast, he leaves it open as a legit question. He's not anywhere near as categorical and open and shut as he was in print.


Like I said, he's basically saying "we'll see what happens" which is not the same as him saying "I think Britt takes Watkins off the board"...

He didn't change his opinion, he just said we'll see what happens. In no way from that clip did I take away that he was changing how he felt from the print chat...

zn wrote:
Red bit--I posted it here:

Quote:
zn

Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:27 am

FWIW Wagoner and JT don't think that's the case...they're saying Britt would have no effect on the draft. Still...I feel differently.


I wrote that before I heard the podcast.


Where is this from? It's not from this thread...

If you're going to say you spoke to/posted something and the allude to it you should preface it by saying it's from another board, thread, chat, etc...

Or at least give a link after it. Otherwise we'll just think you're talking about this board/thread...


I disagree about what JT said. I heard it as different from his in-print statements, which I didn't expect. I don't think he "basically said" something, I think he said what I quoted. To him it's a legit question. That's how I took it.

The post you're looking for is in this thread, as I said. It's just a few posts back... The time signature ought to convey where. Page 4, 3rd paragraph from the bottom.

.


And to be fair, JT came on radio again, and this time he directly said that he doesn't see Britt in the top 3 of Rams receivers right now, and that there is no "strong link", he thinks, between Britt and drafting any receiver high in the draft.

It's here, at 11:49 in -->

http://www.insidestlaudio.com/Drivehome/040214-4DH.mp3

..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zn


Joined: 28 Feb 2014
Posts: 103
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Quote:
Have we gracefully arrived at agree to disagree territory yet?


We're always in that territory. Wink


I violently disagree.

Kidding.

Cool

.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DEE RAWL


Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Posts: 4521
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A question I now have is who will get to wear #18? Britt or Pettis.
_________________
2015 QB Rankings:

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Brett Hundley
3. Bryce Petty
4. Jameis Winston
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
kgarrett12486


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 9694
Location: Busch III
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zn wrote:
The post you're looking for is in this thread, as I said. It's just a few posts back... The time signature ought to convey where. Page 4, 3rd paragraph from the bottom.


I see it now, that's my bad. Thanks for clarifying...

zn wrote:
And to be fair, JT came on radio again, and this time he directly said that he doesn't see Britt in the top 3 of Rams receivers right now, and that there is no "strong link", he thinks, between Britt and drafting any receiver high in the draft.


Pretty much what I've been conveying all along. The Britt signing shouldn't deter their draft plans at all. IF a WR is there at their pick they can't live without, they should be taking him...

Kenny Britt should have zero effect on that strategy, which JT seems to believe as well...

Thanks for sharing that...
_________________

IDOG_det on the sig...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group