Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft can't get here soon enough mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
G08


Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 962
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
HCD gets beat up a little because he probably will not be a superstar. I just don't see that ability.

But I think he is going to be a very good safety in the NFL even if he is not Sean Taylor physically, or Earl Thomas in coverage.

I look at a guy who reminds me a lot of Antrel Rolle. He may not gt mentioned with the best safeties in the NFL, but he plays at a near Pro Bowl level every year.


Ha Ha doesn't blow me away so I won't be happy taking him at #14.

Apparently Jimmie Ward at his Pro Day measured in at 5'10.5" and 197 lbs. Ran a 4.45 and 38 inch vertical. If he's there in the second I'd snatch him up and make out like a bandit.
_________________

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9848
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
HCD gets beat up a little because he probably will not be a superstar. I just don't see that ability.

But I think he is going to be a very good safety in the NFL even if he is not Sean Taylor physically, or Earl Thomas in coverage.

I look at a guy who reminds me a lot of Antrel Rolle. He may not gt mentioned with the best safeties in the NFL, but he plays at a near Pro Bowl level every year.


Ha Ha doesn't blow me away so I won't be happy taking him at #14.

Apparently Jimmie Ward at his Pro Day measured in at 5'10.5" and 197 lbs. Ran a 4.45 and 38 inch vertical. If he's there in the second I'd snatch him up and make out like a bandit.


He won't be there in the 2nd.

If we want HCD, Pryor, or Ward we are going to need to take them in the 1st round pick.

I think Ward would be a great pick up with a trade down.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G08


Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 962
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'd be a wonderful pick with a trade down... It just takes two to tango and I worry we won't find that partner unless someone falls.
_________________

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 10966
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
HCD gets beat up a little because he probably will not be a superstar. I just don't see that ability.

But I think he is going to be a very good safety in the NFL even if he is not Sean Taylor physically, or Earl Thomas in coverage.

I look at a guy who reminds me a lot of Antrel Rolle. He may not gt mentioned with the best safeties in the NFL, but he plays at a near Pro Bowl level every year.

Antrel Rolle also went 6th overall.
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roadrunner


Joined: 20 Mar 2013
Posts: 809
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting fact: If HCD was picked at #14, he would be the third safety the Bears chose in the first round since 1935.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5632
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha is a top 10 S of the last decade for me. He's really really good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SLCbear


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 786
Location: SOUTHCAROLINA WinthropUniversity
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
I'd rather see a DT in the second. Then maybe a TE in the 4th. Taking a TE that high would be a bad move IMO. He will be behind Bennett. Bennett is already the #4 target behind Marshall, Jeffery's, and Forte.

Eben Britton played more than 200 snaps at TE last year - that's not something that can happen again next year IMO. ASJ is a special talent, and as good as our offense was last year we have zero depth at the skill positions, and are a few injuries away from being in the same situation on offense as we were on defense last year. ASJ would get a lot of run and wouldn't be just Bennett's backup. We would run a lot of 2WR 2TE sets and be extremely versatile. Just because we have several playmakers on defense doesn't mean we won't add more. Our offseason to date (outside of Cutler) has been entirely about bolstering the defense, and because of that I think the draft will be more balanced. We need young quality depth on both sides.


Eben Britton played more than 200 in order to beef up running lanes and pass protection --and was quite impressive at both!! I see the 6th lineman as a staple for the Treastman offense moving forward(for the unforeseeable future). Neither Ebron nor Seferian-Jenkins will block, or even come close to what Britton offers us in Run and Pass protection.

C.J. Fiedorowicz or Troy Niklas, are the prospects for us to look at early


We have TWO bigtime #1s on the outside and a bigtime TE>
Get a man-handler to help regulate the line, but that can also leak out from time to time; a pass catching version of EBritt. Even so, I'd miss EBritt and the added dimension he gave the O
_________________

ADOPT-A-BEAR #23KyleFuller *INT3 / PD6 / FF3 / COMB33


Last edited by SLCbear on Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:48 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SLCbear


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 786
Location: SOUTHCAROLINA WinthropUniversity
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^

AKA Kellen Davis with his head on right!!
_________________

ADOPT-A-BEAR #23KyleFuller *INT3 / PD6 / FF3 / COMB33
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5632
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SLCbear wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
I'd rather see a DT in the second. Then maybe a TE in the 4th. Taking a TE that high would be a bad move IMO. He will be behind Bennett. Bennett is already the #4 target behind Marshall, Jeffery's, and Forte.

Eben Britton played more than 200 snaps at TE last year - that's not something that can happen again next year IMO. ASJ is a special talent, and as good as our offense was last year we have zero depth at the skill positions, and are a few injuries away from being in the same situation on offense as we were on defense last year. ASJ would get a lot of run and wouldn't be just Bennett's backup. We would run a lot of 2WR 2TE sets and be extremely versatile. Just because we have several playmakers on defense doesn't mean we won't add more. Our offseason to date (outside of Cutler) has been entirely about bolstering the defense, and because of that I think the draft will be more balanced. We need young quality depth on both sides.


Eben Britton played more than 200 to beef up running lanes and pass protection; and was quite effective!! I see a 6th lineman as staple for the Treastman offense moving forward(for the unforeseeable future). Neither Ebron nor Seferian-Jenkins will block, or even come close to what Britton offers us in Run and Pass protection.

C.J. Fiedorowicz or Troy Niklas, are the prospects for us to look at early!
I'd be very happy with either guy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 10966
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
SLCbear wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
I'd rather see a DT in the second. Then maybe a TE in the 4th. Taking a TE that high would be a bad move IMO. He will be behind Bennett. Bennett is already the #4 target behind Marshall, Jeffery's, and Forte.

Eben Britton played more than 200 snaps at TE last year - that's not something that can happen again next year IMO. ASJ is a special talent, and as good as our offense was last year we have zero depth at the skill positions, and are a few injuries away from being in the same situation on offense as we were on defense last year. ASJ would get a lot of run and wouldn't be just Bennett's backup. We would run a lot of 2WR 2TE sets and be extremely versatile. Just because we have several playmakers on defense doesn't mean we won't add more. Our offseason to date (outside of Cutler) has been entirely about bolstering the defense, and because of that I think the draft will be more balanced. We need young quality depth on both sides.


Eben Britton played more than 200 to beef up running lanes and pass protection; and was quite effective!! I see a 6th lineman as staple for the Treastman offense moving forward(for the unforeseeable future). Neither Ebron nor Seferian-Jenkins will block, or even come close to what Britton offers us in Run and Pass protection.

C.J. Fiedorowicz or Troy Niklas, are the prospects for us to look at early!
I'd be very happy with either guy.

I would be fine with either of them as well.
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 16690
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^


CJF!!! Cool
_________________
👮

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IronMike84


Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Posts: 7122
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
^^^^^


CJF!!! Cool

He played at Iowa; he can't be that good. Same with Arizona.







Wink
_________________
Rotoworld.com wrote:
...internet mock drafts, which have ridiculously become the measuring stick for where players are "supposed" to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 16690
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
^^^^^


CJF!!! Cool

He played at Iowa; he can't be that good. Same with Arizona.







Wink


Not talking

We will mod the crap out of you.
_________________
👮

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 10966
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
^^^^^


CJF!!! Cool

He played at Iowa; he can't be that good. Same with Arizona.







Wink

I went to ARIZONA STATE! I'M A SUN DEVIL MAN!

_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IronMike84


Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Posts: 7122
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
^^^^^


CJF!!! Cool

He played at Iowa; he can't be that good. Same with Arizona.







Wink

I went to ARIZONA STATE! I'M A SUN DEVIL MAN!

AZ and AZST are two different schools? Laughing
_________________
Rotoworld.com wrote:
...internet mock drafts, which have ridiculously become the measuring stick for where players are "supposed" to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group