Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft can't get here soon enough mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMike

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Draft can't get here soon enough mock Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
c
AZBearsFan wrote:
More offense in this one than any other I've done.

*Assumes minimum deal for Britton to return as swing tackle and Mannelly as LS

1. S HaHa Clinton-Dix, Alabama - best player in the draft at our biggest need position on defense. Simple as that for me.

2. TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington - defense heavy offseason allows us some flexibility, and ASJ is a big time talent who fills a need for depth at an important position and adds an additional versatile playmaker to our offense.

3. CB Keith McGill, Utah - Tillman's return will allow this big corner to develop a bit without being forced into the lineup. Has the size and skill set to develop into a #1 corner. I believe he plays outside w/ TJ inside in nickel at some point in 2014.

4. DT George Uko, USC - upside 3T prospect with good pass rush tools. Has drawn comparisons to former USC DT Jurrell Casey.

5. RB Isaiah Crowell, Alabama St - arguably the most talented RB in the class has a troubled past. Size/speed to be a feature back. Great #2 RB now if his head is on straight.

6. WR Kevin Norwood, Alabama - polished player who has no fear over the middle. Strong sub package prospect and potential early contributor in that role.

6. C Gabe Ikard, Oklahoma - center for the future likely won't be forced into action in 2014.

QB Cutler, Palmer
RB Forte, Crowell, Ford
FB Fiammetta
WR Marshall, Jeffrey, Wilson, Norwood, Hixon, C. Williams
TE Bennett, Seferian-Jenkins, Rosario
OT Bushrod, Mills, Britton
OG Slauson, Long, Brown
C Garza, Boggs, Ikard

DE Allen, Houston, Young, Bass, Idonije, Washington
DT Ratliff, Paea, Uko, Collins
LB Briggs, Williams, Bostic, McClellin, Greene, Senn
CB Tillman, Jennings, McGill, Frey, Hayden
S Clinton-Dix, Mundy, Steltz, Jennings, McManis

K Gould
P Butler
LS Mannelly
You are perhaps the only one believing that Ha-Ha is "the best player in the draft". I don't think he is even close, maybe not in the top ten. I think very few safeties are worth a first round pick so I would not take him with 14 though if we could trade down I would not object too much to taking him. I know Alex Brown loves the guy. The TE is certainly intriguing but again the second is too high for a TE for me. McGill is an interesting pick and is also versatile having played safety. I kinda like this one. Uko is about right and is a possibility there. I would not take a RB in the draft and want to see if Ford can be the backup, I liked what I saw from him last pre-season. Norwood might adequately replace Bennett so he could be considered. We are clearly going to have a new center at some point so a look at Ikard may be in order. But is he better than the young center already on the roster? Can't be too supportive for this draft.

Best player at our biggest need position.

That is still not an excuse to reach on a player at a position of need. There will be better players available, even if they are at positions that are not perceived to be as great a need.
Haha is more then talented enough to be picked at #14.

I do not believe Phil Emery would agree. Putting my "money" where my mouth is, I am more than open to making a sig bet that we do not select him with the 14th pick of the draft. After the pick is made, the winner can author the signature of the loser, content subject only to compliance with forum guidelines. You game?
Why would I care to do that? You have nothing to actually add as to why he's not worth the pick?
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Draft can't get here soon enough mock Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
c
AZBearsFan wrote:

1. S HaHa Clinton-Dix, Alabama - best player in the draft at our biggest need position on defense. Simple as that for me.

2. TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington - defense heavy offseason allows us some flexibility, and ASJ is a big time talent who fills a need for depth at an important position and adds an additional versatile playmaker to our offense.

3. CB Keith McGill, Utah - Tillman's return will allow this big corner to develop a bit without being forced into the lineup. Has the size and skill set to develop into a #1 corner. I believe he plays outside w/ TJ inside in nickel at some point in 2014.

4. DT George Uko, USC - upside 3T prospect with good pass rush tools. Has drawn comparisons to former USC DT Jurrell Casey.

5. RB Isaiah Crowell, Alabama St - arguably the most talented RB in the class has a troubled past. Size/speed to be a feature back. Great #2 RB now if his head is on straight.

6. WR Kevin Norwood, Alabama - polished player who has no fear over the middle. Strong sub package prospect and potential early contributor in that role.

6. C Gabe Ikard, Oklahoma - center for the future likely won't be forced into action in 2014.

QB Cutler, Palmer
RB Forte, Crowell, Ford
FB Fiammetta
OG Slauson, Long, Brown
C Garza, Boggs, Ikard

K Gould
P Butler
LS Mannelly
You are perhaps the only one believing that Ha-Ha is "the best player in the draft". I don't think he is even close, maybe not in the top ten. I think very few safeties are worth a first round pick so I would not take him with 14 though if we could trade down I would not object too much to taking him. I know Alex Brown loves the guy. The TE is certainly intriguing but again the second is too high for a TE for me. McGill is an interesting pick and is also versatile having played safety. I kinda like this one. Uko is about right and is a possibility there. I would not take a RB in the draft and want to see if Ford can be the backup, I liked what I saw from him last pre-season. Norwood might adequately replace Bennett so he could be considered. We are clearly going to have a new center at some point so a look at Ikard may be in order. But is he better than the young center already on the roster? Can't be too supportive for this draft.

That is still not an excuse to reach on a player at a position of need. There will be better players available, even if they are at positions that are not perceived to be as great a need.

I do not believe Phil Emery would agree. Putting my "money" where my mouth is, I am more than open to making a sig bet that we do not select him with the 14th pick of the draft. After the pick is made, the winner can author the signature of the loser, content subject only to compliance with forum guidelines. You game?
Why would I care to do that? You have nothing to actually add as to why he's not worth the pick?

There is no need to reach for a position when better players at other positions will be available. Both he and Pryor are good prospects, but there are going to be better prospects available with the 14th pick AND there are still decent safety prospects available later.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Draft can't get here soon enough mock Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
c
AZBearsFan wrote:

QB Cutler, Palmer
RB Forte, Crowell, Ford
FB Fiammetta
OG Slauson, Long, Brown
C Garza, Boggs, Ikard

K Gould
P Butler
LS Mannelly

There is no need to reach for a position when better players at other positions will be available. Both he and Pryor are good prospects, but there are going to be better prospects available with the 14th pick AND there are still decent safety prospects available later.

Take for what it's worth, but the pundits have HCD and Pryor as follows:

ESPN:
McShay: Pryor 13, HCD 15
Kiper: HCD 13, Pryor 22

CBS:
Rang: Pryor 22, HCD 23
Brugler: HCD 13, Pryor 17
Prisco: HCD 13, Pryor 22
Kirwan: HCD 8, Pryor 20
Brinson: HCD 19, Pryor 21

NFL.com:
Jeremiah: HCD 13, Pryor 17
Brooks: HCD 13, Pryor 21
Davis: HCD 13, Pryor 16

None think he's being drafted by us, but 7 of 10 think he won't even make it to us. We obviously can't know what teams think until draft day, but saying HCD is a reach at 14 seems to be resoundingly refuted by those paid to be at least somewhat in the know, unless 70% of the pundits expect teams to reach for him. I agree that Pryor would be a reach to us at 14.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Draft can't get here soon enough mock Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
c
AZBearsFan wrote:

QB Cutler, Palmer
RB Forte, Crowell, Ford
FB Fiammetta
OG Slauson, Long, Brown
C Garza, Boggs, Ikard

K Gould
P Butler
LS Mannelly

ESPN:

CBS:

NFL.com:

None think he's being drafted by us, but 7 of 10 think he won't even make it to us. We obviously can't know what teams think until draft day, but saying HCD is a reach at 14 seems to be resoundingly refuted by those paid to be at least somewhat in the know, unless 70% of the pundits expect teams to reach for him. I agree that Pryor would be a reach to us at 14.

You are using mock drafts to make your point? Mock drafts are not a ranking of players by ability, they are a guess at where players will be selected. When teams draft, they don't draft according to mock drafts. They draft according to their ranking of players.
DaMike

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Draft can't get here soon enough mock Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
c
AZBearsFan wrote:

QB Cutler, Palmer
RB Forte, Crowell, Ford
FB Fiammetta
OG Slauson, Long, Brown
C Garza, Boggs, Ikard

K Gould
P Butler
LS Mannelly

Who's a lock to be there that's a better prospect at a position of need then Haha?
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Draft can't get here soon enough mock Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
c
AZBearsFan wrote:

QB Cutler, Palmer
RB Forte, Crowell, Ford
FB Fiammetta
OG Slauson, Long, Brown
C Garza, Boggs, Ikard

K Gould
P Butler
LS Mannelly

ESPN:

CBS:

NFL.com:

You are using mock drafts to make your point? Mock drafts are not a ranking of players by ability, they are a guess at where players will be selected. When teams draft, they don't draft according to mock drafts. They draft according to their ranking of players.

I'm using the opinion of the so-called experts who largely believe he is worth the pick, and also trusting the opinion of guys like Matt Bowen who have first hand knowledge of what makes a high end NFL safety and see that in HCD. You have yet to tell us who the other players you think will be available to us are who are in your opinion more worthy of the pick, or why you believe these other mystery players to be more worthy. If HCD isn't a top 14 prospect then who are the players you think are better? Saying my opinion is wrong alone doesn't carry a lot of weight if you don't also qualify what you believe supports yours to be any more valid.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Draft can't get here soon enough mock Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
c
AZBearsFan wrote:

QB Cutler, Palmer
RB Forte, Crowell, Ford
FB Fiammetta
OG Slauson, Long, Brown
C Garza, Boggs, Ikard

K Gould
P Butler
LS Mannelly

Who's a lock to be there that's a better prospect at a position of need then Haha?

I'm not going to repeat myself because you did not read, or choose not to comprehend what I have written.
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Draft can't get here soon enough mock Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
c
AZBearsFan wrote:

QB Cutler, Palmer
RB Forte, Crowell, Ford
FB Fiammetta
OG Slauson, Long, Brown
C Garza, Boggs, Ikard

K Gould
P Butler
LS Mannelly

ESPN:

CBS:

NFL.com:

I'm using the opinion of the so-called experts who largely believe he is worth the pick, and also trusting the opinion of guys like Matt Bowen who have first hand knowledge of what makes a high end NFL safety and see that in HCD. You have yet to tell us who the other players you think will be available to us are who are in your opinion more worthy of the pick, or why you believe these other mystery players to be more worthy. If HCD isn't a top 14 prospect then who are the players you think are better? Saying my opinion is wrong alone doesn't carry a lot of weight if you don't also qualify what you believe supports yours to be any more valid.

Mike Mayock has flip-flopped on Pryor and HCD being the best safety in the class. Yet, you say Pryor would be a reach. I think Mayock knows the safety position, as well.

Also, I am not naming particular players. Read what was written previously, I'm not going to repeat myself.
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I just went back on Greg Gabriel's timeline. He said Dix may not last until 14. NOW, I am willing to concede that my assessment of the situation may be off.

To put it into context, he said he predicts the Bears will take a corner, but was asked about safety. He said the corners he would look at are Gilbert, Dennard, and Fuller.

I still believe that the probability of the Bears selecting a safety in the first round is somewhere around 0, unless they trade back.
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Draft can't get here soon enough mock Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
c
AZBearsFan wrote:

QB Cutler, Palmer
RB Forte, Crowell, Ford
FB Fiammetta
OG Slauson, Long, Brown
C Garza, Boggs, Ikard

K Gould
P Butler
LS Mannelly

ESPN:

CBS:

NFL.com:

Kirwan has HCD ranked as the 17th best player in the draft, yet has him mocked at #8. This does nothing but reinforce my earlier statement about using mock drafts to prove your point.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's why you shouldn't rule out Clinton-Dix: he has the type of versatility Emery likes.

HHCD can play single-high, in the box, or in the slot. He has good size, good speed and agility, and good ball skills.

He's not a human highlight reel, but he's a solid, versatile safety who has played against the top competition in the country in a program that expected a lot of him.

Counting him out at #14 would be foolish.
ForteOz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think either HCD or Pryor would be a reach at 14. It really depends who is on the board when we get our turn.
It is a near certainty that neither would last to our second round pick, and trading back in the first or up in the second may not be a reality.

If the general consensus is that a player is a first round pick, how can taking that player at 14 be called a reach?

He may not have been the best *value* given who is available, but that is a different discussion.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Draft can't get here soon enough mock Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
c
AZBearsFan wrote:

QB Cutler, Palmer
RB Forte, Crowell, Ford
FB Fiammetta
OG Slauson, Long, Brown
C Garza, Boggs, Ikard

K Gould
P Butler
LS Mannelly

I'm not going to repeat myself because you did not read, or choose not to comprehend what I have written.
Why not just say who your top 14 are?
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForteOz wrote:
I don't think either HCD or Pryor would be a reach at 14. It really depends who is on the board when we get our turn.
It is a near certainty that neither would last to our second round pick, and trading back in the first or up in the second may not be a reality.

If the general consensus is that a player is a first round pick, how can taking that player at 14 be called a reach?

He may not have been the best *value* given who is available, but that is a different discussion.

Then let's say there are players with better value that will be available, if you like the sound of that better.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HCD gets beat up a little because he probably will not be a superstar. I just don't see that ability.

But I think he is going to be a very good safety in the NFL even if he is not Sean Taylor physically, or Earl Thomas in coverage.

I look at a guy who reminds me a lot of Antrel Rolle. He may not gt mentioned with the best safeties in the NFL, but he plays at a near Pro Bowl level every year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: