Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft can't get here soon enough mock
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Draft can't get here soon enough mock Reply with quote

More offense in this one than any other I've done.

*Assumes minimum deal for Britton to return as swing tackle and Mannelly as LS

1. S HaHa Clinton-Dix, Alabama - best player in the draft at our biggest need position on defense. Simple as that for me.

2. TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington - defense heavy offseason allows us some flexibility, and ASJ is a big time talent who fills a need for depth at an important position and adds an additional versatile playmaker to our offense.

3. CB Keith McGill, Utah - Tillman's return will allow this big corner to develop a bit without being forced into the lineup. Has the size and skill set to develop into a #1 corner. I believe he plays outside w/ TJ inside in nickel at some point in 2014.

4. DT George Uko, USC - upside 3T prospect with good pass rush tools. Has drawn comparisons to former USC DT Jurrell Casey.

5. RB Isaiah Crowell, Alabama St - arguably the most talented RB in the class has a troubled past. Size/speed to be a feature back. Great #2 RB now if his head is on straight.

6. WR Kevin Norwood, Alabama - polished player who has no fear over the middle. Strong sub package prospect and potential early contributor in that role.

6. C Gabe Ikard, Oklahoma - center for the future likely won't be forced into action in 2014.

QB Cutler, Palmer
RB Forte, Crowell, Ford
FB Fiammetta
WR Marshall, Jeffrey, Wilson, Norwood, Hixon, C. Williams
TE Bennett, Seferian-Jenkins, Rosario
OT Bushrod, Mills, Britton
OG Slauson, Long, Brown
C Garza, Boggs, Ikard

DE Allen, Houston, Young, Bass, Idonije, Washington
DT Ratliff, Paea, Uko, Collins
LB Briggs, Williams, Bostic, McClellin, Greene, Senn
CB Tillman, Jennings, McGill, Frey, Hayden
S Clinton-Dix, Mundy, Steltz, Jennings, McManis

K Gould
P Butler
LS Mannelly

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
DABEARSLCF04

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather see a DT in the second. Then maybe a TE in the 4th. Taking a TE that high would be a bad move IMO. He will be behind Bennett. Bennett is already the #4 target behind Marshall, Jeffery's, and Forte.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No O until the 3rd round at the absolute soonest. Big holes at DT, S and long term at CB.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KG1187 wrote:
No O until the 3rd round at the absolute soonest. Big holes at DT, S and long term at CB.

They spent alot of money on the defense already. They arent going to ignore the offense for much longer.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
I'd rather see a DT in the second. Then maybe a TE in the 4th. Taking a TE that high would be a bad move IMO. He will be behind Bennett. Bennett is already the #4 target behind Marshall, Jeffery's, and Forte.

Eben Britton played more than 200 snaps at TE last year - that's not something that can happen again next year IMO. ASJ is a special talent, and as good as our offense was last year we have zero depth at the skill positions, and are a few injuries away from being in the same situation on offense as we were on defense last year. ASJ would get a lot of run and wouldn't be just Bennett's backup. We would run a lot of 2WR 2TE sets and be extremely versatile. Just because we have several playmakers on defense doesn't mean we won't add more. Our offseason to date (outside of Cutler) has been entirely about bolstering the defense, and because of that I think the draft will be more balanced. We need young quality depth on both sides.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watch tape of HaHa wanting to like him but just come away unimpressed every time. He doesn't excel in any one area, he doesn't possess very good speed and most concerning is his complete lack of physicality... Than Keith McGill, whom might be the least physical CB in this draft class. I don't like either pick. It doesn't matter if your 6'3", if your soft, your soft. I agree I see Emery going TE in the first 3 rounds but I see them really targeting CJ Fiedorowicz who provides better value in the 3rd than ASJ in the 2nd IMO. I also don't like this common trend going around taking Gabe Ikard in the 6th pretending he or Boggs are actually our center of the future.. It's a wasted pick.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way I see us being able to take a TE or an offensive player that highly is if we trade down in the first round and add a couple of picks…I would love to pick up another TE early but the D still isn’t up to scratch right now so I think we go D in the first 3 or 4 rounds without a trade down then maybe grab a guy like Crockett Gillmore in the 5th who provides a good all round skill set.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
The only way I see us being able to take a TE or an offensive player that highly is if we trade down in the first round and add a couple of picks…I would love to pick up another TE early but the D still isn’t up to scratch right now so I think we go D in the first 3 or 4 rounds without a trade down then maybe grab a guy like Crockett Gillmore in the 5th who provides a good all round skill set.

I don't... Emery found out what happens when there's a lack of depth. Were one injury away from starting Dante Rosario. Emery was interested in Eifert and Ertz last year even after the Bennett signing. It seems very clear they want to upgrade the #2 TE and It was said we were talking to Fiedorowicz at the Senior Bowl, if he's there when we pick in the 3rd, I see Emery biting.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
DABEARSLCF04

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:

Eben Britton played more than 200 snaps at TE last year - that's not something that can happen again next year IMO. ASJ is a special talent, and as good as our offense was last year we have zero depth at the skill positions, and are a few injuries away from being in the same situation on offense as we were on defense last year. ASJ would get a lot of run and wouldn't be just Bennett's backup. We would run a lot of 2WR 2TE sets and be extremely versatile. Just because we have several playmakers on defense doesn't mean we won't add more. Our offseason to date (outside of Cutler) has been entirely about bolstering the defense, and because of that I think the draft will be more balanced. We need young quality depth on both sides.

Oh I'm not saying the Bears don't need the depth on offense, thats why I said look for a TE in the forth instead the second round. But to be getting a starter at DT in the second is better then getting depth in a TE in the second.

I'mjust saying iI'd look for a DT the second and move the TE to the 4th. Don't know who would be here but that makes more sense

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

I don't... Emery found out what happens when there's a lack of depth. Were one injury away from starting Dante Rosario. Emery was interested in Eifert and Ertz last year even after the Bennett signing. It seems very clear they want to upgrade the #2 TE and It was said we were talking to Fiedorowicz at the Senior Bowl, if he's there when we pick in the 3rd, I see Emery biting.

Like I said I would love to see a really good #2 TE on this team but I think we still need at the very least 2 more starters on defence…possibly 3 more…I think we have to get those starters in place before going after depth.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
I watch tape of HaHa wanting to like him but just come away unimpressed every time. He doesn't excel in any one area, he doesn't possess very good speed and most concerning is his complete lack of physicality... Than Keith McGill, whom might be the least physical CB in this draft class. I don't like either pick. It doesn't matter if your 6'3", if your soft, your soft. I agree I see Emery going TE in the first 3 rounds but I see them really targeting CJ Fiedorowicz who provides better value in the 3rd than ASJ in the 2nd IMO. I also don't like this common trend going around taking Gabe Ikard in the 6th pretending he or Boggs are actually our center of the future.. It's a wasted pick.

Please expand upon why you think Ikard can't play.

GRRLacher wrote:
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Like I said I would love to see a really good #2 TE on this team but I think we still need at the very least 2 more starters on defence…possibly 3 more…I think we have to get those starters in place before going after depth.

The thought I went with taking ASJ over a DT here was that I don't know that any of the 2nd round DT are likely to be a starter before 2015 than those in rounds 3-4 and I think ASJ makes more of an impact for us in 2014 as a reserve TE than a rotational DT and is the better overall prospect. At least we have 3 DTs on the roster who have shown they can actually play at an NFL level - at TE we have Bennett, a guy who is replacement level at best and who we have already cut once this offseason in Rosario and a guy who can't catch in Onubon. I suppose I could have gone corner in the 2nd and TE in the 3rd but I like McGill's upside as much as most 2nd round corners.

GRRLacher wrote:
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Draft can't get here soon enough mock Reply with quote

c
AZBearsFan wrote:

1. S HaHa Clinton-Dix, Alabama - best player in the draft at our biggest need position on defense. Simple as that for me.

2. TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington - defense heavy offseason allows us some flexibility, and ASJ is a big time talent who fills a need for depth at an important position and adds an additional versatile playmaker to our offense.

3. CB Keith McGill, Utah - Tillman's return will allow this big corner to develop a bit without being forced into the lineup. Has the size and skill set to develop into a #1 corner. I believe he plays outside w/ TJ inside in nickel at some point in 2014.

4. DT George Uko, USC - upside 3T prospect with good pass rush tools. Has drawn comparisons to former USC DT Jurrell Casey.

5. RB Isaiah Crowell, Alabama St - arguably the most talented RB in the class has a troubled past. Size/speed to be a feature back. Great #2 RB now if his head is on straight.

6. WR Kevin Norwood, Alabama - polished player who has no fear over the middle. Strong sub package prospect and potential early contributor in that role.

6. C Gabe Ikard, Oklahoma - center for the future likely won't be forced into action in 2014.

QB Cutler, Palmer
RB Forte, Crowell, Ford
FB Fiammetta
OG Slauson, Long, Brown
C Garza, Boggs, Ikard

K Gould
P Butler
LS Mannelly
You are perhaps the only one believing that Ha-Ha is "the best player in the draft". I don't think he is even close, maybe not in the top ten. I think very few safeties are worth a first round pick so I would not take him with 14 though if we could trade down I would not object too much to taking him. I know Alex Brown loves the guy. The TE is certainly intriguing but again the second is too high for a TE for me. McGill is an interesting pick and is also versatile having played safety. I kinda like this one. Uko is about right and is a possibility there. I would not take a RB in the draft and want to see if Ford can be the backup, I liked what I saw from him last pre-season. Norwood might adequately replace Bennett so he could be considered. We are clearly going to have a new center at some point so a look at Ikard may be in order. But is he better than the young center already on the roster? Can't be too supportive for this draft.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

The thought I went with taking ASJ over a DT here was that I don't know that any of the 2nd round DT are likely to be a starter before 2015 than those in rounds 3-4 and I think ASJ makes more of an impact for us in 2014 as a reserve TE than a rotational DT and is the better overall prospect. At least we have 3 DTs on the roster who have shown they can actually play at an NFL level - at TE we have Bennett, a guy who is replacement level at best and who we have already cut once this offseason in Rosario and a guy who can't catch in Onubon. I suppose I could have gone corner in the 2nd and TE in the 3rd but I like McGill's upside as much as most 2nd round corners.

I think in terms of talent ASJ is better than most of the 2nd or 3rd round DTs in the draft but I do think guys like Jones, Quarles & Ferguson could all start as rookies or at least play a very high amount of snaps in the rotation…I think given the fact that we were in 3 receiver sets well over 50% of the time last season on offence just makes me think that we wouldn’t see a lot of two TE sets so I doubt ASJ would play as many snaps as a rookie DT…I also fully expect us to bring in another WR given the release of Bennett, Weems & Hester not returning we need some help & depth there too which would seem to fit the scheme a little better.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Draft can't get here soon enough mock Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
c
AZBearsFan wrote:

QB Cutler, Palmer
RB Forte, Crowell, Ford
FB Fiammetta
OG Slauson, Long, Brown
C Garza, Boggs, Ikard

K Gould
P Butler
LS Mannelly
You are perhaps the only one believing that Ha-Ha is "the best player in the draft". I don't think he is even close, maybe not in the top ten. I think very few safeties are worth a first round pick so I would not take him with 14 though if we could trade down I would not object too much to taking him. I know Alex Brown loves the guy. The TE is certainly intriguing but again the second is too high for a TE for me. McGill is an interesting pick and is also versatile having played safety. I kinda like this one. Uko is about right and is a possibility there. I would not take a RB in the draft and want to see if Ford can be the backup, I liked what I saw from him last pre-season. Norwood might adequately replace Bennett so he could be considered. We are clearly going to have a new center at some point so a look at Ikard may be in order. But is he better than the young center already on the roster? Can't be too supportive for this draft.

Best player at our biggest need position.

GRRLacher wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: