Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD '15 - Owners Meeting
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: FFMD '15 - Owners Meeting Reply with quote

FFMD ’15 – The future is in your hands

We are a small group of members also known as the A-Team, tasked with the job of collaborating, researching and developing an overall better experience for Football’s Future Mock Draft, better known to us all as FFMD.

This venture will be closely scrutinized by several site moderators to insure this project follows the guidelines of Footballsfuture.com, as well as our vision of a final product is parallel to that of the site moderators.

We understand that the concept of FFMD is meant to be fun, provide a means for group discussion, be educational, allow for bragging rights, and anything else that draws us mockers together once a season.

This project we are working on isn't going to be just a one week long or even one month long event because we plan to dissect every portion of the current process, determine if it works, how well it works and if/how it can be improved. If it can be improved, we’ll start drawing up ideas and concepts. We’ll test these concepts for flaws and once we feel we have a viable solution to the issue, we’ll present it to the moderators for their approval to make sure that it falls with the forum guidelines and that it is keeping within their concept of FFMD. Once that is done then we’ll look to you, for your input.

Which brings me to what I like to call the “Owners Meeting”. This committee will be established to discuss, to provide additional proposals on, and finally vote on the concept we present. We only anticipate one person from each team forum to represent the best interest of their team and the future of FFMD. We are asking that the team representative aka “owner” internally discusses our proposals with his fellow war room buddies and provide input, suggestions, and comments.

So we are asking all teams to nominate an “owner” for this process. Someone with a bit of recent FFMD experience would make the most sense - but that’s up to each individual forum.

This is your chance to make an impact on the future of FFMD.

If no one is nominated, we will start knocking on doors and peeking in windows until you do……not really but that was my scare tactic to get you to nominate someone.

Thank you
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfactor or Sllim best suited for this IMO. Both been around since FFMD started

Both been part if successes and failures in FFMD

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll need to nominate some names as a forum and then pick someone.

Start throwing out names and we'll put together a few guys and then vote on who we want to represent us.

I do think it needs to be someone who's been around for quite a while who was able to experience FFMD's when they first started and who has seen the progression.

Be thoughtful in your nominations. Once we nominate someone we can open a thread for that person to gather information and hear what we all have to say to bring that information to the larger audience.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idog did a great job picking up the pieces this FFMD. I nominate him.

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Jrugges

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to nominate anyone but whoever does should definitely suggest a few things.

1.) People will take this as serious as the Mods running it do. Tardiness/ delays/ rudeness/ being polite go a LONG LONG way in this especially if your running it.

2.) Communication

Me personally this year was the worst ever mostly because of how we were talked to by the people running this, and how we never knew when things were going on/due. Reminders from MODS running this things wouldn't hurt either for teams that are behind. It seemed like this year not one MOD gave a crap if you where on time for anything or not. Which lead to teams like DEN creating a dream team through free agency. Nothing about it was realistic.

No one likes it when you ask a question and your response is short, moot, and almost as if your annoying them.
DrRay11

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Sllim, diehard, and X_Factor would all be good choices.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was appointed to represent us, though more can join. Anyone can join the discussion really to help figure out how to improve FFMD going forward.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
I was appointed to represent us, though more can join. Anyone can join the discussion really to help figure out how to improve FFMD going forward.

Mods shouldn't run it. Period. They let their authority ruin FFMD by being rude because they answer to nobody really

Dedicated posters could run this better

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:

Good. I didn't want the job. I have nothing good to say about the FFMD.

I'm also shocked that the guy who started the thread about this in our forum has only been around FF for barley over a year. I'm not sure how much experience is being taken into account.

Good luck.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, glad to see anyone but me suckered. GL, I fear you will need it.

My only input would be that it was best circa 2009 or so. The first couple rounds of changes were helpful, but after that they just started overthinking things. And as formerly iterated-some seemed more intent on having "power over the internet" rather than adding to the experience for everyone.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They want to make its continuos mock that carries over every year . Yup that's gonna ruin it for me and many others. FFMD has officially lost its roots forever

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
DrRay11

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even understand how that would work. I think it was fine as it was..

I'll always appreciate the experience I had as GM of the Lions in FFMDI last year. That was an extremely fun, albeit somewhat stressful, experience.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
I don't even understand how that would work. I think it was fine as it was..

I'll always appreciate the experience I had as GM of the Lions in FFMDI last year. That was an extremely fun, albeit somewhat stressful, experience.

They are over complicating it. Also discussing there shoud be a winner. Some think winners should get more cap space next time

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad too that I didn't get involved in this. FFMD has been ruined IMO due to trying to make it too realistic. Its called FFMD, not FFMOS. It should be about the draft and not so much focus on free agency. It turned from a fun exercise to get the whole forum involved in draft scouting and strategy to a game about who knows the specifics of the rules more and who can sign the most free agents. The draft is pretty much an after thought. If people want a semi realistic mock, play Madden. This defintiely became overly complicated and pushed out anyone who doesnt have loads of free time to be involved.

Adopt-A-Lion - Larry Warford, OG as in Original Gangsta
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course. I will avoid the political metaphor, but clearly the solution to something being overcomplicated is to further complicate it. Every bit as logical as many of the arguments I have seen on this site.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: