Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD '15 - Owners Meeting
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: FFMD '15 - Owners Meeting Reply with quote

FFMD ’15 – The future is in your hands

We are a small group of members also known as the A-Team, tasked with the job of collaborating, researching and developing an overall better experience for Football’s Future Mock Draft, better known to us all as FFMD.

This venture will be closely scrutinized by several site moderators to insure this project follows the guidelines of Footballsfuture.com, as well as our vision of a final product is parallel to that of the site moderators.

We understand that the concept of FFMD is meant to be fun, provide a means for group discussion, be educational, allow for bragging rights, and anything else that draws us mockers together once a season.

This project we are working on isn't going to be just a one week long or even one month long event because we plan to dissect every portion of the current process, determine if it works, how well it works and if/how it can be improved. If it can be improved, we’ll start drawing up ideas and concepts. We’ll test these concepts for flaws and once we feel we have a viable solution to the issue, we’ll present it to the moderators for their approval to make sure that it falls with the forum guidelines and that it is keeping within their concept of FFMD. Once that is done then we’ll look to you, for your input.

Which brings me to what I like to call the “Owners Meeting”. This committee will be established to discuss, to provide additional proposals on, and finally vote on the concept we present. We only anticipate one person from each team forum to represent the best interest of their team and the future of FFMD. We are asking that the team representative aka “owner” internally discusses our proposals with his fellow war room buddies and provide input, suggestions, and comments.

So we are asking all teams to nominate an “owner” for this process. Someone with a bit of recent FFMD experience would make the most sense - but that’s up to each individual forum.

This is your chance to make an impact on the future of FFMD.

If no one is nominated, we will start knocking on doors and peeking in windows until you do……not really but that was my scare tactic to get you to nominate someone.

Thank you

Blahman88

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't like FFMD anymore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: FFMD '15 - Owners Meeting Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:
FFMD ’15 – The future is in your hands

We are a small group of members also known as the A-Team, tasked with the job of collaborating, researching and developing an overall better experience for Football’s Future Mock Draft, better known to us all as FFMD.

This venture will be closely scrutinized by several site moderators to insure this project follows the guidelines of Footballsfuture.com, as well as our vision of a final product is parallel to that of the site moderators.

We understand that the concept of FFMD is meant to be fun, provide a means for group discussion, be educational, allow for bragging rights, and anything else that draws us mockers together once a season.

This project we are working on isn't going to be just a one week long or even one month long event because we plan to dissect every portion of the current process, determine if it works, how well it works and if/how it can be improved. If it can be improved, we’ll start drawing up ideas and concepts. We’ll test these concepts for flaws and once we feel we have a viable solution to the issue, we’ll present it to the moderators for their approval to make sure that it falls with the forum guidelines and that it is keeping within their concept of FFMD. Once that is done then we’ll look to you, for your input.

Which brings me to what I like to call the “Owners Meeting”. This committee will be established to discuss, to provide additional proposals on, and finally vote on the concept we present. We only anticipate one person from each team forum to represent the best interest of their team and the future of FFMD. We are asking that the team representative aka “owner” internally discusses our proposals with his fellow war room buddies and provide input, suggestions, and comments.

So we are asking all teams to nominate an “owner” for this process. Someone with a bit of recent FFMD experience would make the most sense - but that’s up to each individual forum.

This is your chance to make an impact on the future of FFMD.

If no one is nominated, we will start knocking on doors and peeking in windows until you do……not really but that was my scare tactic to get you to nominate someone.

Thank you

Part of the problem is this ^

Streamline it. Simplify it.
FFMD should not be complicated.

I'll be this forum's owner if you need one.

PowerElite wrote:
Please stop responding to my posts. You are a consistently terrible poster and aren't worth my time to thoroughly refute your drivel.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FFMD needs to take a year or two off, people are burned out on it.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When FFMD was fun, it was extremely simple and there were relatively few rules and 'watch-dogs'.

Of course, from year to year it progressively inflated itself to have more rules and more bureaucrats working behind the scenes trying to regulate what people could and couldn't do in the name of "realism" and "fairness".

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
When FFMD was fun, it was extremely simple and there were relatively few rules and 'watch-dogs'.

Of course, from year to year it progressively inflated itself to have more rules and more bureaucrats working behind the scenes trying to regulate what people could and couldn't do in the name of "realism" and "fairness".

Yeah I actually quit the year I was gm because they turned down a trade because lito sheppard wasn't worth x amount to them.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
mm6492

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was GM, FFMD was fun. But now it looked horrible. Its basically them doing a mock offseason and if you don't make the trades they want you too, they deny them for some absurd reason cause they think they are smarter than you.

Make it simpler. It's an easy process which was made way too complicated to enjoy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blahman88 wrote:
We don't like FFMD anymore

~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
1,628 yards, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 82.0 Passer Rating
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Phire wrote:

Yeah I actually quit the year I was gm because they turned down a trade because lito sheppard wasn't worth x amount to them.

Right. It's like I decide to give ninja my used underwear for 25 bucks, to which he accepts, therefore an agreement is made between two individuals as to the value of this particular article, and then some cop comes up and halts the transaction because he doesn't understand why he'd spend that much. Makes no sense.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Phire wrote:

Right. It's like I decide to give ninja my used underwear for 25 bucks, to which he accepts, therefore an agreement is made between two individuals as to the value of this particular article, and then some cop comes up and halts the transaction because he doesn't understand why he'd spend that much. Makes no sense.

Yeah and imo 25 bucks for your used underwear is a bargain.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
LOLKevinKolb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the problem is too many cooks in the kitchen. More rules and another tier of bureaucracy is the last thing FFMD needs

RainbowCarebear wrote:
And use the boners for soup to survive through the winter

Bird Watch: Keelan Johnson - one magnificent tackle
Blahman88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It ain't fun, it used to be.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll nominate myself to be the lurky creepy owner.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
I'll nominate myself to be the lurky creepy owner.

Seconded....let us know how you did.....or don't....whatever

2013 Gold Standard Baldy Winner | The Final(?) ENBD Champion | other stuff too
Johnnygunnz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Phire wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Phire wrote:

Yeah and imo 25 bucks for your used underwear is a bargain.

I'll pay 30.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: