Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos Forum Intro/Random Thread - Fantasy Season Ed.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 74, 75, 76  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncos_fan _from _uk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Anyone have any practical (legal) advice for getting rid of a woodpecker? I would have shot it already but my cop neighbor (yeah I know) told me that discharging a firearm within city limits is against the law.

I've chased him away and even thrown rocks but he comes back the next day. So, any tips? He's going the wreck the roof if I don't get rid of him soon.
Rubber snakes sometimes work. Also be careful, some woodpeckers are on the threatened species list. Big deal here in Colorado as you are well aware of.
Because its damn near impossible to tell if they are or not from on the ground (unless you are a bird watcher) I would recommend against shooting it.

I got rid of mine last spring with a combination fake owl on the house and a woodpecker feeder on a tree along the back fence. the feeder is full of suet (Cow fat) so it doesn't make a noise. they see it as an easier food source than the house. 1 brick lasted half of the summer and only cost $3-4 at Big R.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips everyone!

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Western Conference

Avs over Wild
Blackhawks over Blues
Anaheim over Dallas
Kings over Sharks

- - -

Blackhawks over Avs
Kings over Anaheim

- - -

Kings over Blackhawks

Eastern Conference

Bruins over Red Wings
Canadiens over Lightning
Penguins over Blue Jackets
Rangers over Flyers

- - -

Bruins over Canadiens
Rangers over Penguins

- - -

Bruins over Rangers

Stanley Cup Finals

Kings over Bruins

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the Blackhawks beating the Blues, they closed awful but they still owned the Central teams through the first 70 odd games.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
I don't see the Blackhawks beating the Blues, they closed awful but they still owned the Central teams through the first 70 odd games.

Well, if a team can get hot at the right time for the playoffs, why can't it get cold at the wrong time, too? Kane and Toews will be back and the Blackhawks have proven time after time to be made out of the right post-season material. The Blues, even with the addition of Miller and Ott, have yet to do so while additionally having suffered injuries to their forwards.

WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
broncos_fan _from _uk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
perhaps but they didnt own the 'Hawks. They were 3-2 against them this season but 2 of their 3 wins came via a SO something that wont happen in the playoffs, while both Hawk wins came in regulation. The "actual" (because I am a traditionalist) record between the teams was 2-1-2 in favor of Chicago. Either way its a close matchup and I think Chicago matches up well with the Blues (unlike the Avs)

As for BIG's predictions I actually have the same Final and champion with only a few changes in the earlier rounds:

I think the Stars beat the Ducks (in 6 games) and Lightning beat the Habs (in 7 games) in round 1

I think the Avs beat the 'Hawks (in 7 games) and the Pens beat the Rangers (in 5 games) in round 2.

I think that both conference championship series go 6 games, with the Kings wining the cup in 5.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest thing that brings the Blues down is lack of experience, the Hawks have been there and done it twice now, I wouldn't be surprised if they repeated.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys.

I just wanted to let you all know that I might be taking a break from posting here for a bit. It really just depends on where my head is at.

About 2 years ago, my dad was diagnosed with late stage liver cancer. He's been battling it since, but today I unfortunately found out that the medications have become ineffective and he will be leaving the hospital to return home and be comfortable. It's an incredibly difficult time, but I've known many of you guys for years and I wanted to share that with you all as a sort of cathartic release.

I'm trying to wrap my head around everything, but it's hard. I'll try and pop in a little bit here and there, but I just might need to take some time.

Go Broncos.

Ben

Thanks, Tzimisce
paul-mac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awful to hear, Ben.

I know we often disagree on football things, but I can honestly say that my heart goes out to you and your dad as well as the rest of your family and others close to you. Take as long as you need, bro.

I will say this, and it applies to everybody, if you ever need someone to chat to for a bit feel free to PM me. My door is always open if you just need someone to hear you out for a bit, even if it's as simple as you needing a quick break from the real world and wanna talk about football for an hour.

I think I can speak for everyone when I say that Broncos country has you in our hearts and you should take as long as you need before you feel ready to get back in to the swing of things.

-Dan
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't imagine what you're going through brotha, but we are here for you.

Much love my friend.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that Ben, hope your dad can keep battling and they find a way to get him through this.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Hi guys.

I just wanted to let you all know that I might be taking a break from posting here for a bit. It really just depends on where my head is at.

About 2 years ago, my dad was diagnosed with late stage liver cancer. He's been battling it since, but today I unfortunately found out that the medications have become ineffective and he will be leaving the hospital to return home and be comfortable. It's an incredibly difficult time, but I've known many of you guys for years and I wanted to share that with you all as a sort of cathartic release.

I'm trying to wrap my head around everything, but it's hard. I'll try and pop in a little bit here and there, but I just might need to take some time.

Go Broncos.

Ben

My prayers will go out to you and your family. God bless.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My deepest prayers and sympathies are with you and your family, Ben.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts are with you and your family, Ben!

WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben, I'm really sorry to hear about your dad. My thoughts and prayers are with you in this troubling time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 10 of 76

Jump to: