Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos Forum Intro/Random Thread - Fantasy Season Ed.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I have been reading up on all things hockey recently, I definately can appreciate this. Great moment!

Btw, good read... http://www.amazon.com/Patrick-Roy-Winning-Nothing-Else-ebook/dp/B00H7M9G6S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397458206&sr=8-1&keywords=patrick+roy

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
49ers LB Aldon Smith arrested at LAX for allegedly yelling 'bomb' http://bit.ly/1iKGL50

Wow. I guess Aldon Smith is as dumb as he's made himself out to be over the last year.
The NFL News thread is just hilariously stupid, can't believe it hasn't been locked yet. Laughing

I actually can't believe what I just read. Some people are just completely ignorant.

Thanks, Tzimisce
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
49ers LB Aldon Smith arrested at LAX for allegedly yelling 'bomb' http://bit.ly/1iKGL50

Wow. I guess Aldon Smith is as dumb as he's made himself out to be over the last year.
The NFL News thread is just hilariously stupid, can't believe it hasn't been locked yet. Laughing

I actually can't believe what I just read. Some people are just completely ignorant.

Some of them just don't understand the concepts/objectives of criminal law sadly.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLikeDefense wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

Some of them just don't understand the concepts/objectives of criminal law sadly.
The use of the Meet the Parents gif was perfect though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

LOL, yeah it was perfect.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLikeDefense wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

This has to be what his lawyer is thinking.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

Laughing

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
jonnyj20 wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

Laughing

Lawyer probably wants him to keep breaking the law.. more money for him.

Agent on the other hand?... I'd boot him.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Why is it that when a highly-hyped player does poorly on the Wonderlic (Vince Young) ESPN can't find one analyst, columnist, commentator, former-player, coach or executive who thinks the test has any meaning whatsoever but when a highly-hyped player does well on it (Johnny Manziel) it's widely regarded as a good gauge of a prospect's potential for NFL success?

Because ESPN is TMZ for sports, not actual insight and analytics.

It's actually cuz they're trying not to sandbag the "dumb" players.

Boomer said it best this morning, these scores have no business being published. It's unfair to be labeled dumb or brilliant based on a wonderlic test.

While entertaining to learn the scores, they should remain anonymous - as they're intended to be, but never are kept that way.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos_fan _from _uk wrote:
i agree that college athletes should not be paid. because honestly we are talking about a vast minority of college athletes who even have a gripe. There is an easy way to make both sides happy however:

College athletes should be able to profit from their own likeness. Want to sell autographs? go for it. Popular enough that buisnesses want you to hock their crap? by all means! fanatical Christians want to read your memoirs at the age of 19? bleed them for every red cent. Hell I would even say that they should get a percentage of jersey sales with their number on it. (maybe now we can get college jerseys with names on the back)

but pay them to go to school? no way.

Agree completely. It's like when Manziel had all that business going on and someone tweeted at the NCAA, if he can't sell his autograph why can you profit off these players jerseys, with a screen shot of "Manziel" in the NCAA search bar, and a list of his numbered apparel on the website. The search was immediately disabled on the website.

NCAA is one of the bigger shams in the U.S. It's a completely hypocritical organization.

My other stance is they need to let the pro talent go pro. No more one and done in basketball. You can't tell a person with talent they're not allowed to prosper off their given ability.

I wouldn't even be against expanded NFL rosters, once in a blue moon there are players physically ready for more than college football. Clowney and Julio Jones come to mind. They should be allowed to submit their name to the draft after high school, not sign with an agent unless drafted, and if not drafted, be allowed to go back to college. They do it for baseball and hockey, drafted players developing in college... why not the NFL or NBA. An expanded practice squad where a kid can develop and train with NFL speed (maybe a rule not allowing them to play til they're age 20, but they can be paid and develop on a practice squad).

There are many different options, NCAA remains incredibly shortsighted.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have any practical (legal) advice for getting rid of a woodpecker? I would have shot it already but my cop neighbor (yeah I know) told me that discharging a firearm within city limits is against the law.

I've chased him away and even thrown rocks but he comes back the next day. So, any tips? He's going the wreck the roof if I don't get rid of him soon.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
Winder23

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Anyone have any practical (legal) advice for getting rid of a woodpecker? I would have shot it already but my cop neighbor (yeah I know) told me that discharging a firearm within city limits is against the law.

I've chased him away and even thrown rocks but he comes back the next day. So, any tips? He's going the wreck the roof if I don't get rid of him soon.
Rubber snakes sometimes work. Also be careful, some woodpeckers are on the threatened species list. Big deal here in Colorado as you are well aware of.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:

Get a brick house?
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

Get a brick house?
Or a bunker.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:

Airguns are not considered firearms.
When I lived in Hawaii a lot of people hung CD's to keep birds off their house (something to do with shining lights scaring them). Windchimes were also used.
Or you could get a fake Owl to scare them away.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 9 of 64

Jump to: