Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills interested in D. Jackson
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TommyC376

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Bills interested in D. Jackson Reply with quote

Quote:
@RapSheet: Two wildcard teams interested in DeSean Jackson: #Redskins and #Bills. Can see both fits. Toss those in with #Chiefs, #Raiders and the rest.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/449944162595381248

This is interesting ... Thoughts?

I guess I wouldn't be upset, he is a dangerous playmaker and is a better version than Goodwin and Graham... I don't think we will sign him, but I like the fact we are showing some interest.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd welcome him. He's a playmaker, can't ever have too many of those.

I find it surprising that we have interest and would find it even more surprising if we landed him.

Billsfaninptown

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be opposed to signing him, as long as the deal doesn't include a ton of guaranteed money. I hope the Bills have done their research on him. His off the field issues scare me. It is also concerning that the Eagles released him. I think there may be something serious we don't know.

He doesn't fit our specific need of a big physical receiver, but you can never have too many playmakers. Him and Goodwin on the field at the same time with Stevie and Woods running underneath routes would be scary. If we do sign him I think our draft plan becomes simple. Solidify the offensive line and add an athletic TE. Then there will be no excuses if E.J. under performs. I still think we can add a developmental big wr in the middle to late rounds.

With all this being said I highly doubt we land him. lol.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the bills do sign him you can count on stevie being cut. Not saying he will get cut this offseason but he will be cut by the beginning of 2015 season. I have no issues with this the only thing is he wants to get paid and bills front office already said they aren't getting in to a bidding war with him.

He has had 21 touchdowns of 30+ yards the most in the NFL.

Thanks Max
bertuzzi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would really like it. One thing djax does is produce and makes defenses always aware when hes on the field. This would be great for the running game also. Having 2 breakout and dangerous players(spiller) can never hurt.

with that said I dont like our chances of getting him.
jsnydes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say this excites me. I've been telling all my friends (eagles fans) how they were idiots for giving him that contract in the first place. I still think Joe Banner is a genius and everyone in Philly hates him. He took them to multiple championship games and to the Super Bowl. He was telling Andy Reid all along not to pay Desean. One of the main reasons he left. Banner just got a first rd pick for Trent Richardson. Howie Roseman just got nothing for Desean Jackson. You tell me who is the better operator. Browns fired him because he Didnt want to interview Greg Schiano? I'd be more worried if he DID want to interview Schiano.

TommyC376^^^
bertuzzi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
I can't say this excites me. I've been telling all my friends (eagles fans) how they were idiots for giving him that contract in the first place. I still think Joe Banner is a genius and everyone in Philly hates him. He took them to multiple championship games and to the Super Bowl. He was telling Andy Reid all along not to pay Desean. One of the main reasons he left. Banner just got a first rd pick for Trent Richardson. Howie Roseman just got nothing for Desean Jackson. You tell me who is the better operator. Browns fired him because he Didnt want to interview Greg Schiano? I'd be more worried if he DID want to interview Schiano.

not sure what this has to do with desean become a bill.
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting tweets from Rapoport.

Quote:
Buffalo does its work quietly, and thatís how research & recruitment of DeSean Jackson is happening. Imagine DeSean + CJ Spiller. Scary

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/450283840771063808

Quote:
While #Redskins get the 1st visit with DeSean Jackson & #Raiders do research, donít rule out #Bills as a serious suitor. They are in contact

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/450283020780457984

jsnydes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bertuzzi wrote:
jsnydes wrote:

not sure what this has to do with desean become a bill.

Morale of the story is I don't want the bills to make the same mistake Philly did. Also, I think eagles fans are crazy for hating Joe Banner. He made them a successful franchise.

Another side of this. Kenny Britt was said to be down to Wash and BUF. Which ever team get Desean. The other is probably going to get Britt.

TommyC376^^^
TommyC376

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackson is an unbelievable talent, but he wants to be paid like a true #1 WR which I dont think he is. If we could get him for the right price I would be ecstatic, however I dont think we are going to sign him. I'd imagine WAS or OAK signing him.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if we sign him, drafting Evans is out of the window.

No thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
Well if we sign him, drafting Evans is out of the window.

No thanks.

Not necessarily.... Wink
cdavls17

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You dont know that. They are two different style players. Hell we dont even know if the bills even have interest in mike evans at 9 and that they have another player in mind. I think if they sign djax stevie is the one on the outs as woods would slide inside to stevie spot leaving goodwin and djax on the outside.

Thanks Max
TommyC376

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we sign him (big if, IMO) I think we go RT in the first and TE/WR in the 2nd, I would love to get Jake Matthews, then Jordan Matthews in the 2nd, roll with a DE in the third and a TE in the 4th.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He just tweeted a picture on an airplane. I'm assuming he's leaving DC. So I went online to see what flights are departing. There is a flight that is boarding from Reagan International to Buffalo right now. But there is also flights leaving from Duelles to Jax, SF, Knoxville, and a bunch of other cities.

TommyC376^^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: