Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Jackson Question
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should we sign DeSean Jackson is the price is right?
Heck yeah
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Heck no
80%
 80%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 10

AkGoneRiseUp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: The Jackson Question Reply with quote

So... do we try to sign DeSean or nah?
Lentz33

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's going to be pretty expensive. So no.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah because we don't have to pay that guy Julio coming up soon and maybe extend Roddy plus DeSean being a diva.

XBL GT: l JGOLD l
FalconsMVP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the price is right, then yes. But the price wont be right, and someone will overpay. Him in our slot with Julio and Roddy outside though... Nice to think about. Seems like a Madden move that just wont happen

Foster A Falcon:
1. Jonathan Massaquoi (46 combined tackles, 4 sack, 1 PD)
2. Joplo Bartu (85 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 1 PD)
ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... with a fully healthy Julio, Roddy, HD, Devin Hester, and Drew Davis/Darius Johnson we are just absolutely dying for another WR? I think there's much wiser ways to spend our money.

Why not use that money to bring in a vet TE like Owen Daniels or a FS like Chris Clemons or hell even making some kind of outrageous offer to Alex Mack that the browns can't match is a better use of money than a diva like Desean Jackson.

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
adam9

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
So... with a fully healthy Julio, Roddy, HD, Devin Hester, and Drew Davis/Darius Johnson we are just absolutely dying for another WR? I think there's much wiser ways to spend our money.

Why not use that money to bring in a vet TE like Owen Daniels or a FS like Chris Clemons or hell even making some kind of outrageous offer to Alex Mack that the browns can't match is a better use of money than a diva like Desean Jackson.

We don't have 1/3 if the cap to offer Mack.

I'd offer DeSean like 2 mil for one year and that's about it. Idk if we even have that to spend though...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. We have Julio, Roddy, and Douglas. Not to mention Drew Davis who isn't a bad at #4. Draft a guy to compete with Douglas/Davis but no to Jackson.

Clowney, Mack, Robinson, Matthews, or Barr to Atlanta in 2014!
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that we even need another WR at all, but let's all remember why he was released in the first place. No way TD wants that kind of stuff down here. He's a headcase in the locker room and could possibly have legal issues.

Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon: Thomas DeCoud

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
mjmiller

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would rather draft Watkins at 6 then sign DJax.
adam9

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjmiller wrote:

So much wrong here.

That's like trading say Mack or Matthews and D-Jax for Watkins.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjmiller wrote:
Why not sign Jackson AND draft Watkins?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:

So much wrong here.

obviously u didnt understand it. i dont want DJax. jus said i would rather have Watkins than DJax. honestly dont want either, unless Roddy comes out and says that he's retiring at the end of this season. DJax would be a waste of time and money. no thanks.
swoosh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjmiller wrote:
adam9 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:

So much wrong here.

obviously u didnt understand it. i dont want DJax. jus said i would rather have Watkins than DJax. honestly dont want either, unless Roddy comes out and says that he's retiring at the end of this season. DJax would be a waste of time and money. no thanks.
Waste of time? Lol, wut?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
adam9 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:

So much wrong here.

Waste of time? Lol, wut?

yeah waste of time to bring him in. he'll be our 3 and will want a big contract. so like i said, he would be a waste of time.
coors

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theoretically would I want DJax on our team? How could I not? Julio and Roddy on the outside with DJax on the inside? I mean please...

However.. with the amount of money that Jackson will take, it simply won't work here in Atlanta. We still have Julio to resign soon which is going to be a huge contract, and I'd like to be able to keep Roddy here in Atlanta and hopefully have him retire as a Falcon. We can't do those things and bring Jackson in with that money as well. Another thing is that yes, he is an electrifying talent in this league.. but we all know Arthur Blank and TD and how we have gone about cleaning up and fixing our franchise from the ruin that we were left in after the Vick saga.. and they have done it by bringing in nothing put high character guys and guys that don't cause distractions off the field.. and the whole reason Jackson is on the open market right now is because of his questionable issues off the field. Let's take this whole "alleged gang" situation out of it.. because like it or not it's sadly something thats out there.. but even before this whole situation sprang up Jackson was a guy that is considered a "diva" and has had some past issues.. so in my opinion with just those things alone Arthur Blank and TD probably would not have wanted to bring in a guy like that.. then add in these new stories.. and he's probably not even in the back of their minds on bringing him into town. Does everyone agree that having this kid on our offense would be just unreal? Yes.. of course. I just don't see our ownership or FO wanting to get into it with the possibilities of problems.

My $0.02..

**edit

(Putting aside wanting to bring him to Atlanta, like I had said I doubt we would have brought him in even before all of this possible gang ties stories came out.. I have no idea like most of us what really is truly going on in this whole saga between the Eagles and him.. but I just have this gut feeling that the Eagles may know something that isn't public yet or something of that nature.. because I really don't think that the Eagles would have cut this guy comin off the best statistical season of his career because of him posting a couple different photos on Instagram over the years in which he was with somebody who was a suspect in a murder case I think it was. If it's just him taking some pictures, and that because of where he grew up and having supposed ties to a gang.. this is still a business where winning is all that matters. DeSean Jackson on the Eagles makes them a far better team IMO. I think there has to be more to this story then what we know so far.. I understand the worries of NFL Front Offices after the whole Aaron Hernandez situation.. I completely understand that these teams are worried about protecting their multi million dollar investments not only because they want these guys on the field.. but also because they don't want bad press. Let's face it. The Aaron Hernandez thing is/was an awful event.. but just because of this one isolated person in Hernandez who made a terrible decision.. doesn't mean that somebody like Jackson should necessarily looked at as a "thug" as well.. because to my knowledge Jackson doesn't have any official ties to any gang.. Like I said he has been seen in a couple of different pictures with alleged gang members and is from an area where gangs are prevalent.. but if those are the only 2 things that got he Eagles to deem Jackson as a possible threat because of these "gang ties" then I think the Eagles made a big mistake. If being from an area where there are gangs, and having some of your acquaintances or childhood friends have gang ties is enough to consider somebody else a threat.. then there are a LOT of players in the NFL that would be getting cut from their teams as well. I know I'm just kind of going on and on and rambling a bit here.. but I just have this feeling that something else may be going on with Jackson specifically that has caused his problems with the Eagles) -LoL.. I'm not sure where I was trying to go with that but I just started typing and typing and ended up here.. so that rant or overwith. Bear with me fellas Twisted Evil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: