Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DeSean Jackson Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jroc04


Joined: 19 Mar 2008
Posts: 10988
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
Couldn't fit a beach vacation in with the 5 months he has off during the year that wouldn't conflict with some workouts?

Redskins schedule is different. If he would have cancelled or rescheduled the trip, then he would have lost about .0006% of his annual income. That would have been devastating.


Someone cuts me a check for 5 mill a week before, I'm telling my babe to take one of her friends instead. Daddy got work to do. We'll do it another time.

Unless the crips are gonna be there. Then screw the redskins.
_________________

Kilt sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RollEagles


Joined: 10 Jan 2012
Posts: 6980
Location: Basel, Switzerland
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Silly DeSean.



DeSean: Look Stephen A, I'm changed and mature, I swear. Look at my hipster glasses that aren't real glasses. Don't look at them. But look at them. And realize that I've changed.

Stephen A: *Screaming* Ok DeSean, well tell us about how the Eagles are terrible and how they cut you because of some trumped up gang allegations.

DeSean: My glasses say that yeah I have friends in gangs but I'm not affiliated with any of that negatif activities. Am I saying that right? Negatif?

Stephen A: *Screaming* DeSean tell me about how terrible and racist Chip Kelly is and how right Richard Sherman is about everything ever.

DeSean: I swear I've changed. But instead of attending OTAs to meet my new teammates and my new coaches and get used to the new facilities, me and my new glasses are avoiding this negatif activity. I'm going on vacation.

Stephen A: *Screaming* Wow DeSean. You're the best. You really did change. Eagles are the worst. I'm still bitter over how they dogged Donovan. And I'm credible because I have a daily TV show where I debate a person who has the intelligence of a rhesus monkey.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Art_Vandalay


Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 22163
Location: Thornton, CO
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Totally read all of that in Stephen A's voice.
_________________
Zach Ertz Tracker
7 Receptions
163 Receiving Yards
1 TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jroc04


Joined: 19 Mar 2008
Posts: 10988
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed that.
_________________

Kilt sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 37407
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:
^^^Totally read all of that in Stephen A's voice.


I read it in Jay Ferrals voice doing a Stephen A impression.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MaclinandMCcoy


Joined: 07 Apr 2010
Posts: 3427
Location: Columbia, SC GO COCKS!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:
^^^Totally read all of that in Stephen A's voice.


DeShaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn
_________________
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
btw why do you guys like cats if you're eagles. i thought birds and cats were natural enemies. maybe im too wasted but it doesnt make sense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PowerElite


Joined: 25 Dec 2009
Posts: 8808
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Desean won in the grand scheme. He received more guaranteed money and has ultimately financially made up for not being drafted in the 1st round. He spoke into existence what he felt in his heart. He felt that he deserved a new contact, and that certainly is what he received. NFL players play for the money right? Desean certainly does and he won in that way. He received two sizable guaranteed money extensions before the age of 28 at the WR position. That's not common at all. The Eagles certainly didn't want to make that happen for him. He knew that, and he got what he wanted in the grand scheme. That was gangsta...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
babyatemydingo


Joined: 15 Jan 2007
Posts: 6869
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Well, Desean won in the grand scheme. He received more guaranteed money and has ultimately financially made up for not being drafted in the 1st round. He spoke into existence what he felt in his heart. He felt that he deserved a new contact, and that certainly is what he received. NFL players play for the money right? Desean certainly does and he won in that way. He received two sizable guaranteed money extensions before the age of 28 at the WR position. That's not common at all. The Eagles certainly didn't want to make that happen for him. He knew that, and he got what he wanted in the grand scheme. That was gangsta...


I guess it all comes down to what you mean by "won."

Jackson had a contract for some $12M this year and squandered it.
He did so because he never lived up to the amount of effort expected of him, be it on the field or off.
He got the contract. But, he never earned it.
Ergo, he did not get the money.

When his contract was terminated he found another one ... for less.
It may have afforded him some additional guaranteed funds, but it was still for less.
That may be some sort of record, but it is a dubious one.

If "getting over" makes you a winner these days than so be it.

But, winning is a relative term.
And in football winning also means winning (games).
In life, it may be yet another story.

Time has yet to tell whether Jackson will "win" more in Washington.
It very well could be.
The dynamic surrounding winning and losing is comprised of more than one individual.
Will the Redskins win with him, because of him, despite him?
Who knows?
But, it is far too early to tell or to declare a winner.


It is tough to consider your legacy when you are 27.
Jackson isn't a criminal or "gangster" as has been alleged.
Everyone knows that.
So, what is he?

At the moment he is a superior talent and a very good receiver who "doesn't play well with others."
Football history is filled with such people.
Receivers like Terrell Owens and Chad Johnson priced themselves out of the league with their selfish antics.
Randy Moss was no prize, either.
Don't forget Albert Haynesworth and Pac Man Jones, too.
Other players may be headed down this path behind them.
Gronkowski, Bryant, Blackmon and Suh to name a few.

So, how does Jackson come out a "winner."
If all you cite is money than even Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell are "winners."
So, is that all there is?
Even then, Jackson loses.
That's OK, though, that also makes Nelson Mandela* a loser, too.
Nice company.




*That was sarcasm.
Yes, Mandela is the antithesis of someone like Jackson.
Yet, sorry for the extreme, hyperbolic, out of football reference.
It is only apt in terms of humanity and nobody should be held to a Mandela standard.
However, Jackson is more akin to Nelson Muntz and should only be afforded that courtesy.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PowerElite


Joined: 25 Dec 2009
Posts: 8808
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyatemydingo wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Well, Desean won in the grand scheme. He received more guaranteed money and has ultimately financially made up for not being drafted in the 1st round. He spoke into existence what he felt in his heart. He felt that he deserved a new contact, and that certainly is what he received. NFL players play for the money right? Desean certainly does and he won in that way. He received two sizable guaranteed money extensions before the age of 28 at the WR position. That's not common at all. The Eagles certainly didn't want to make that happen for him. He knew that, and he got what he wanted in the grand scheme. That was gangsta...


I guess it all comes down to what you mean by "won."

Jackson had a contract for some $12M this year and squandered it.
He did so because he never lived up to the amount of effort expected of him, be it on the field or off.
He got the contract. But, he never earned it.
Ergo, he did not get the money.

When his contract was terminated he found another one ... for less.
It may have afforded him some additional guaranteed funds, but it was still for less.
That may be some sort of record, but it is a dubious one.

If "getting over" makes you a winner these days than so be it.

But, winning is a relative term.
And in football winning also means winning (games).
In life, it may be yet another story.

Time has yet to tell whether Jackson will "win" more in Washington.
It very well could be.
The dynamic surrounding winning and losing is comprised of more than one individual.
Will the Redskins win with him, because of him, despite him?
Who knows?
But, it is far too early to tell or to declare a winner.


It is tough to consider your legacy when you are 27.
Jackson isn't a criminal or "gangster" as has been alleged.
Everyone knows that.
So, what is he?

At the moment he is a superior talent and a very good receiver who "doesn't play well with others."
Football history is filled with such people.
Receivers like Terrell Owens and Chad Johnson priced themselves out of the league with their selfish antics.
Randy Moss was no prize, either.
Don't forget Albert Haynesworth and Pac Man Jones, too.
Other players may be headed down this path behind them.
Gronkowski, Bryant, Blackmon and Suh to name a few.

So, how does Jackson come out a "winner."
If all you cite is money than even Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell are "winners."
So, is that all there is?
Even then, Jackson loses.
That's OK, though, that also makes Nelson Mandela* a loser, too.
Nice company.




*That was sarcasm.
Yes, Mandela is the antithesis of someone like Jackson.
Yet, sorry for the extreme, hyperbolic, out of football reference.
It is only apt in terms of humanity and nobody should be held to a Mandela standard.
However, Jackson is more akin to Nelson Muntz and should only be afforded that courtesy.


The foundation of your post regarding his contract is flawed. You built your post upon 1 season of guaranteed salary. Desean could have been released in September much like Bill Parcells released Lawyer Milloy all those years ago right before opening day. Desean was released during the free agency period, to his benefit. Now Desean is entering the 2014 season with $16 million in guarantees over the next 3 seasons. That's not including salary, incentives, etc.. The 2014 salary he could have earned with the Eagles was a carrot, which he probably knew when he signed the contract with the Eagles, that he would never receive. The 2014 salary wasn't a reality until he made it to opening day on the roster. DeSean won because he has $16 million in guarantees rather than the HOPE of the 2014 salary with the Eagles.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
babyatemydingo


Joined: 15 Jan 2007
Posts: 6869
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
babyatemydingo wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Well, Desean won in the grand scheme. He received more guaranteed money and has ultimately financially made up for not being drafted in the 1st round. He spoke into existence what he felt in his heart. He felt that he deserved a new contact, and that certainly is what he received. NFL players play for the money right? Desean certainly does and he won in that way. He received two sizable guaranteed money extensions before the age of 28 at the WR position. That's not common at all. The Eagles certainly didn't want to make that happen for him. He knew that, and he got what he wanted in the grand scheme. That was gangsta...


I guess it all comes down to what you mean by "won."

Jackson had a contract for some $12M this year and squandered it.
He did so because he never lived up to the amount of effort expected of him, be it on the field or off.
He got the contract. But, he never earned it.
Ergo, he did not get the money.

When his contract was terminated he found another one ... for less.
It may have afforded him some additional guaranteed funds, but it was still for less.
That may be some sort of record, but it is a dubious one.

If "getting over" makes you a winner these days than so be it.

But, winning is a relative term.
And in football winning also means winning (games).
In life, it may be yet another story.

Time has yet to tell whether Jackson will "win" more in Washington.
It very well could be.
The dynamic surrounding winning and losing is comprised of more than one individual.
Will the Redskins win with him, because of him, despite him?
Who knows?
But, it is far too early to tell or to declare a winner.


It is tough to consider your legacy when you are 27.
Jackson isn't a criminal or "gangster" as has been alleged.
Everyone knows that.
So, what is he?

At the moment he is a superior talent and a very good receiver who "doesn't play well with others."
Football history is filled with such people.
Receivers like Terrell Owens and Chad Johnson priced themselves out of the league with their selfish antics.
Randy Moss was no prize, either.
Don't forget Albert Haynesworth and Pac Man Jones, too.
Other players may be headed down this path behind them.
Gronkowski, Bryant, Blackmon and Suh to name a few.

So, how does Jackson come out a "winner."
If all you cite is money than even Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell are "winners."
So, is that all there is?
Even then, Jackson loses.
That's OK, though, that also makes Nelson Mandela* a loser, too.
Nice company.




*That was sarcasm.
Yes, Mandela is the antithesis of someone like Jackson.
Yet, sorry for the extreme, hyperbolic, out of football reference.
It is only apt in terms of humanity and nobody should be held to a Mandela standard.
However, Jackson is more akin to Nelson Muntz and should only be afforded that courtesy.


The foundation of your post regarding his contract is flawed. You built your post upon 1 season of guaranteed salary. Desean could have been released in September much like Bill Parcells released Lawyer Milloy all those years ago right before opening day. Desean was released during the free agency period, to his benefit. Now Desean is entering the 2014 season with $16 million in guarantees over the next 3 seasons. That's not including salary, incentives, etc.. The 2014 salary he could have earned with the Eagles was a carrot, which he probably knew when he signed the contract with the Eagles, that he would never receive. The 2014 salary wasn't a reality until he made it to opening day on the roster. DeSean won because he has $16 million in guarantees rather than the HOPE of the 2014 salary with the Eagles.


And so he's "guaranteed $16M" now from Washington through 2017.
Had he fulfilled his obligation with Philadelphia he would have 75% of that in 2014 and then 60% over and above that in 2015.
But, that would mean effort, responsibility and living up to the terms of his side of the agreement.
Pfft. Who needs that?

I am not sure what Bill Parcells and Lawyer Milloy have to do with it, but Jackson not only did not win, he proved himself a loser.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PowerElite


Joined: 25 Dec 2009
Posts: 8808
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyatemydingo wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
babyatemydingo wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Well, Desean won in the grand scheme. He received more guaranteed money and has ultimately financially made up for not being drafted in the 1st round. He spoke into existence what he felt in his heart. He felt that he deserved a new contact, and that certainly is what he received. NFL players play for the money right? Desean certainly does and he won in that way. He received two sizable guaranteed money extensions before the age of 28 at the WR position. That's not common at all. The Eagles certainly didn't want to make that happen for him. He knew that, and he got what he wanted in the grand scheme. That was gangsta...


I guess it all comes down to what you mean by "won."

Jackson had a contract for some $12M this year and squandered it.
He did so because he never lived up to the amount of effort expected of him, be it on the field or off.
He got the contract. But, he never earned it.
Ergo, he did not get the money.

When his contract was terminated he found another one ... for less.
It may have afforded him some additional guaranteed funds, but it was still for less.
That may be some sort of record, but it is a dubious one.

If "getting over" makes you a winner these days than so be it.

But, winning is a relative term.
And in football winning also means winning (games).
In life, it may be yet another story.

Time has yet to tell whether Jackson will "win" more in Washington.
It very well could be.
The dynamic surrounding winning and losing is comprised of more than one individual.
Will the Redskins win with him, because of him, despite him?
Who knows?
But, it is far too early to tell or to declare a winner.


It is tough to consider your legacy when you are 27.
Jackson isn't a criminal or "gangster" as has been alleged.
Everyone knows that.
So, what is he?

At the moment he is a superior talent and a very good receiver who "doesn't play well with others."
Football history is filled with such people.
Receivers like Terrell Owens and Chad Johnson priced themselves out of the league with their selfish antics.
Randy Moss was no prize, either.
Don't forget Albert Haynesworth and Pac Man Jones, too.
Other players may be headed down this path behind them.
Gronkowski, Bryant, Blackmon and Suh to name a few.

So, how does Jackson come out a "winner."
If all you cite is money than even Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell are "winners."
So, is that all there is?
Even then, Jackson loses.
That's OK, though, that also makes Nelson Mandela* a loser, too.
Nice company.




*That was sarcasm.
Yes, Mandela is the antithesis of someone like Jackson.
Yet, sorry for the extreme, hyperbolic, out of football reference.
It is only apt in terms of humanity and nobody should be held to a Mandela standard.
However, Jackson is more akin to Nelson Muntz and should only be afforded that courtesy.


The foundation of your post regarding his contract is flawed. You built your post upon 1 season of guaranteed salary. Desean could have been released in September much like Bill Parcells released Lawyer Milloy all those years ago right before opening day. Desean was released during the free agency period, to his benefit. Now Desean is entering the 2014 season with $16 million in guarantees over the next 3 seasons. That's not including salary, incentives, etc.. The 2014 salary he could have earned with the Eagles was a carrot, which he probably knew when he signed the contract with the Eagles, that he would never receive. The 2014 salary wasn't a reality until he made it to opening day on the roster. DeSean won because he has $16 million in guarantees rather than the HOPE of the 2014 salary with the Eagles.


And so he's "guaranteed $16M" now from Washington through 2017.
Had he fulfilled his obligation with Philadelphia he would have 75% of that in 2014 and then 60% over and above that in 2015.
But, that would mean effort, responsibility and living up to the terms of his side of the agreement.
Pfft. Who needs that?

I am not sure what Bill Parcells and Lawyer Milloy have to do with it, but Jackson not only did not win, he proved himself a loser.


The reality is that Desean wanted more guaranteed money and that's exactly what he got. The Eagles weren't offering him any guarantees. I'm sure Desean learned a lot from the Maclin situation, you want to try your best to avoid playing out a contract year if at all possible because you could get severely injured and ruin your future. Desean ended the year healthy and he's guaranteed money for the next 3 seasons.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eagles18


Joined: 19 May 2009
Posts: 2911
Location: Mountain West USA
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ex-Eagles teammate LeSean McCoy claims he never saw anything that resembled the rumors of disputes between DeSean Jackson and coach Chip Kelly.
It's the first teammate that's come to Jackson's defense since his release. McCoy also downplayed the idea that Jackson didn't connect with the team and coaching staff. "Itís a surprise for sure," McCoy said. "When you say he didn't bond with the team, I donít know what that means because I was a teammate and we bonded. Iím sure Howie [Roseman] and the guys, they have something up their sleeve. Itís definitely some big shoes to fill."


Shut your mouth McCoy.
_________________

Intelligence is like a river. The deeper it is... the less noise it makes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PowerElite


Joined: 25 Dec 2009
Posts: 8808
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles18 wrote:
Quote:
Ex-Eagles teammate LeSean McCoy claims he never saw anything that resembled the rumors of disputes between DeSean Jackson and coach Chip Kelly.
It's the first teammate that's come to Jackson's defense since his release. McCoy also downplayed the idea that Jackson didn't connect with the team and coaching staff. "Itís a surprise for sure," McCoy said. "When you say he didn't bond with the team, I donít know what that means because I was a teammate and we bonded. Iím sure Howie [Roseman] and the guys, they have something up their sleeve. Itís definitely some big shoes to fill."


Shut your mouth McCoy.


McCoy's word certainly doesn't mean more than the anonymous sources.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JayAp07


Joined: 13 Jan 2011
Posts: 2612
Location: Wilmington DE Silo on the sig
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm.....

Kelce
_______________ (fence)

McCoy
_________________


2013 Philadelphia Eagles NFC East Champs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RandyMossIsBoss


Joined: 01 Jun 2012
Posts: 17790
Location: Can't talk
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:



DeSean: Look Stephen A, I'm changed and mature, I swear. Look at my hipster glasses that aren't real glasses. Don't look at them. But look at them. And realize that I've changed.
Laughing This is exactly what went through my mind when I first saw that interview. Classic swagson.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 38 of 39

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group