You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DeSean Jackson Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoHypeNeeded

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we're definitely going WR in the first or second round now (which is cool), hopefully we got a big bodied beast (Evans?) to be our future #1. We also need to bank on the idea that Maclin will return with his speed because without that he's very pedestrian. WR is definitely a serious need on this team now.
eagles26

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More sketchiness surrounding this:
Quote:
The source said the Eagles approached police recently and were asking a lot of questions about the alleged burglary at Jackson’s house in January. There were a lot of red flags, and the legitimacy of the robbery is (or was) being questioned. There were no signs of forced entry and Howard Eskin just reported that $100 was left on the counter.

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2014/03/source-the-eagles-were-poking-around-quite-a-bit-about-the-burglary-at-desean-jacksons-house.html

---

Really hope Maclin can come back flyin'.
Jeezla

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoHypeNeeded wrote:
Well we're definitely going WR in the first or second round now (which is cool), hopefully we got a big bodied beast (Evans?) to be our future #1. We also need to bank on the idea that Maclin will return with his speed because without that he's very pedestrian. WR is definitely a serious need on this team now.

I could still easily see us going OLB in the 1st and S in the 2nd.

2018 Draft: Saquon Barkley + Court Sutton #20 #92 Fire Doof Pederson.
Fly Eagles Fly
eagles91

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kempes wrote:
The one positive for me is that we should now go back to having a traditional 6ft+, 220lb #1 WR... should provide a bit more balance in the grand scheme of things.

Totally agree with you. Big people beat up little people. The projection that the offense will take a "major step back" is ridiculous to me. Maclin + Cooper + Shady + Sproles + Celek + Ertz + (your choice of 1st round talent at receiver) is still a scary and dynamic offense. Did I mention the quality of the offensive line?
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why didn't we finish with a top 5 pick this year instead of last?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadway Joe wrote:
Why didn't we finish with a top 5 pick this year instead of last?

Right? #4 overall would almost guarantee Khalil Mack.

2018 Draft: Saquon Barkley + Court Sutton #20 #92 Fire Doof Pederson.
Fly Eagles Fly
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoHypeNeeded wrote:
DeSeans Dad is probably rolling in his grave..

Thats kinda sad, i think a lot of his problems come from his dad passing. Hes kinda lost. Quickly spun out of control in a downward spiral right after his dads death.

Doesnt justify it, cause he has more opportunity and chances in life to succeed then most people can fathom, he could retire tomorrow and never work a day in his life.

Like sorry your dad died braaaaaa, like really doe, you can go out and find happiness in ways most of dream about every night, travel the world, start a business, live anywhere do whatever you want, raise any kinda family you want where ever and yet you choose one of the most negative and evil routes known to society, gang banging, like unbelievable.

I dont feel sorry for him, i hope he loses his carrer and is blacked balled out of the league, cause people like him dont deserve that money , will never do anything good with that money and will only fuel negative things with that money and he just doesnt deserve the opportunity hes been giving. They should black ball him out of the league till hes 29, and he can prove he has zero gang ties or any connection to any former or current gang members.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadway Joe wrote:
This is terrible terrible news. Man this team has made a giant step backwards.

I can almost guarantee you guys that he will be a NY Giant this season.

Man I hate this.

If the gang stuff is true there is no way in h*ll that the Giants would sign him. They would probably be the last team to sign him... well, 2nd last after the Patriots.
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles91 wrote:
Kempes wrote:
The one positive for me is that we should now go back to having a traditional 6ft+, 220lb #1 WR... should provide a bit more balance in the grand scheme of things.

Totally agree with you. Big people beat up little people. The projection that the offense will take a "major step back" is ridiculous to me. Maclin + Cooper + Shady + Sproles + Celek + Ertz + (your choice of 1st round talent at receiver) is still a scary and dynamic offense. Did I mention the quality of the offensive line?

I would like this only if we got Evans, but at our spot and with just six picks I don't see us getting him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles91 wrote:
Kempes wrote:

That's a really good point, as well as a comforting one lol.
NoHypeNeeded

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
NoHypeNeeded wrote:
DeSeans Dad is probably rolling in his grave..

Thats kinda sad, i think a lot of his problems come from his dad passing. Hes kinda lost. Quickly spun out of control in a downward spiral right after his dads death.

Doesnt justify it, cause he has more opportunity and chances in life to succeed then most people can fathom, he could retire tomorrow and never work a day in his life.

Like sorry your dad died braaaaaa, like really doe, you can go out and find happiness in ways most of dream about every night, travel the world, start a business, live anywhere do whatever you want, raise any kinda family you want where ever and yet you choose one of the most negative and evil routes known to society, gang banging, like unbelievable.

I dont feel sorry for him, i hope he loses his carrer and is blacked balled out of the league, cause people like him dont deserve that money , will never do anything good with that money and will only fuel negative things with that money and he just doesnt deserve the opportunity hes been giving. They should black ball him out of the league till hes 29, and he can prove he has zero gang ties or any connection to any former or current gang members.

Oh, absolutely. I think all his problems started with losing his dad, he became very lost and lost sight of what's truly important in life and what's good. He definitely won't be blackballed at all, he'll probably actually sign with someone in the next 12-24 hours, but I definitely agree with you. It's very sad seeing a player I absolutely loved ever since he came out of Cal turn into what he has become.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoHypeNeeded wrote:
eagles91 wrote:
Kempes wrote:

That's a really good point, as well as a comforting one lol.

Given how deep this class is at receiver, it doesn't even have to be a 1st round pick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles26 wrote:
Well I for one am now even more interested in how Cooper does this season.

You haveta think the offense takes a slight step back this season, even with Sproles.

Why? Do you mean before or after the Jackson cut?
Fitz2k2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadway Joe wrote:
eagles91 wrote:
Kempes wrote:

I would like this only if we got Evans, but at our spot and with just six picks I don't see us getting him.

unless we trade maybe bryce brown or james casey or trent cole
NoHypeNeeded

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitz2k2 wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:
eagles91 wrote:
Kempes wrote:

unless we trade maybe bryce brown or james casey or trent cole

Probably Bryce for sure.

We definitely need Maclin to come back flying out the gate now, don't we? Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 3 of 39

Jump to: