Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

rumors on bills trading up
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jsnydes


Joined: 19 Mar 2007
Posts: 1649
Location: Bethlehem PA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
leeevans83d wrote:
It's smokescreen season.

I'd be willing to bet someone from the Bills started this rumor.


I bet it was Houston.


I agree. I don't see how the bills could benefit from the information being leaked.

Clowney is the only guy that they could be targeting. They must think he's a once in a decade type player.
_________________


TommyC376^^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
NickChowaniec


Joined: 11 Feb 2007
Posts: 3728
Location: Buffalo
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be a complete shock if it happened. It'd HAVE to be for Clowney in my opinion. Watkins is good, but not worth all the picks we'd give up. He's no Calvin Johnson.
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Thelonebillsfan


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 11893
Location: In the ether
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this happens it's the single stupidest thing this franchise would have done in the last 30 years.

We are not one player away from suddenly being SB contenders. Losing our first round pick this year, next year, and more than likely the year after that, plus probably our second round pick this year, for what? Another DE? We have enough of a damn pass rush, we don't need another DE no matter how special a talent he is.

Our biggest defensive holes are on the back end and in the middle. Not on the line, that's our biggest strength!

If it happened I'd more than likely destroy my flat screen in pure, unfiltered rage. No matter who we picked.
_________________


Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BillsGuy82


Joined: 16 Jan 2007
Posts: 9508
Location: Niagara Falls
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
If this happens it's the single stupidest thing this franchise would have done in the last 30 years.

We are not one player away from suddenly being SB contenders. Losing our first round pick this year, next year, and more than likely the year after that, plus probably our second round pick this year, for what? Another DE? We have enough of a damn pass rush, we don't need another DE no matter how special a talent he is.

Our biggest defensive holes are on the back end and in the middle. Not on the line, that's our biggest strength!

If it happened I'd more than likely destroy my flat screen in pure, unfiltered rage. No matter who we picked.


I tend to think adding a potential ELITE DE with Mario Williams would help improve our secondary and Brandon Spikes is gonna help our defense up the middle.

Depending on the picks Houston would get, I wouldn't be all that pissed but I'm more than Ok at 9 and see who falls of Matthews/Robinson or Evans
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Yibbyl


Joined: 21 Apr 2011
Posts: 2357
Location: Redding, CA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, here we go again...tis the season for speculation! Rolling Eyes
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cdavls17


Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 3267
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you get mad....Pass Rushing is the 2nd most important job on a football team they set the tone for defenses. Not sure why everyone says if it is for an elite qb then making a trade would be dumb. Lets face it EJ or any of the group of Qbs in this draft class arent mind blowing and elite like Luck was when he came out. If you havent noticed Defenses have won the last 6 out of 10 superbowls with mediocre or above average QBs. Everyone is saying why the bills passed on Kaepernick and Wilson I have news for you those guys arent amazing or Elite they are being talked about cause the defenses bring them to the post season. Seahawks won the superbowl strictly off defense and I think thats the route the bills need to take if they want to have a chance at making it to the post season.

Hughes is a tweaner of a 4-3 De and 3-4 OLB he isnt a Schwartz prototypical 4-3 DE. Even if hughes has another solid season you think the bills could afford to pay him over Dareus in 2015 when both are free agents? You draft Clowney cause you know the guy is the LUCK of pass rushing he comes around once in a decade and lets face it the bills arent winning games with picks from 8-16 as they have been drafting this area for years now.

Mario is also getting up in age and his contract is still just as big by having Clowney with a lower contract they will have 2 high performance pass rushers for a few years and then Mario will move on and Clowney will be the main guy.
_________________


Thanks Max
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bertuzzi


Joined: 11 Nov 2013
Posts: 451
Location: canada
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just the thought of Clowney on our dline is pretty damn tempting and its hard not to smile at the thought of it. Pipe dream but interesting to think about thats for sure.

Not sure if we can afford to be givin up a boatload of pics for it though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tk3


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 2297
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really depends on the price..

As mentioned previously, now that the CBA doesnt allow the #1 pick to command an outrageous salary the value of an early pick skyrockets..

If its #9 + 2015 1st, I think I probably do it.. If it is higher (which I am sure it would be) then I would pass..


The real make or break on a good/bad deal is how you expect the Bills to do in this upcoming season.. I think it is going to be another rough one so the 2015 pick will likely be top 10 again..
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cdavls17


Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 3267
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL Gil Brandt has said from a few sources inside the texans organization that a trade is likely to be made to move down and the top 2 suitors said to have shown interest are the falcons and the bills. Not sure if there is actual truth to it but the fact that the texans have been bringing in a lot more players who are projected top 10 for visits makes it interesting. If they were sold on a qb or clowney they wouldnt be spending more pre draft visits on guys like mack or mathews as they arent #1 worthy and wont last until pick 33.
_________________


Thanks Max
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trentwannabe


Joined: 28 Dec 2007
Posts: 3946
Location: Igloo, Canada
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
NFL Gil Brandt has said from a few sources inside the texans organization that a trade is likely to be made to move down and the top 2 suitors said to have shown interest are the falcons and the bills. Not sure if there is actual truth to it but the fact that the texans have been bringing in a lot more players who are projected top 10 for visits makes it interesting. If they were sold on a qb or clowney they wouldnt be spending more pre draft visits on guys like mack or mathews as they arent #1 worthy and wont last until pick 33.


We are also hosting Sammy Watkins today adding to the speculations of us moving up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billsfaninptown


Joined: 28 Feb 2009
Posts: 93
Location: Portland
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:
NFL Gil Brandt has said from a few sources inside the texans organization that a trade is likely to be made to move down and the top 2 suitors said to have shown interest are the falcons and the bills. Not sure if there is actual truth to it but the fact that the texans have been bringing in a lot more players who are projected top 10 for visits makes it interesting. If they were sold on a qb or clowney they wouldnt be spending more pre draft visits on guys like mack or mathews as they arent #1 worthy and wont last until pick 33.


We are also hosting Sammy Watkins today adding to the speculations of us moving up.

I would really love to land Watkins. It depends on the price. This is a deep draft at wr, but I believe Watkins is the only true game changer at wr. He instantly makes our offense better. If the price is right I am all for it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cdavls17


Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 3267
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just find it hard to believe the bills move up for watkins. The reason is because in 2012 Bills drafted TJ Graham in the 3rd round. In 2013 bills spent a 2nd round pick on Woods and a 3rd round pick on Goodwin. 2014 draft they spent a 6th round pick on Mike williams. Now your talking about spending 2 maybe 3 picks to land watkins. This is way to many picks to be focusing on 1 position. Im all for watkins being a legit wr but I just dont see him being the bills pick unless something insane happens and he drops to 9.
_________________


Thanks Max
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thelonebillsfan


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 11893
Location: In the ether
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I maintain my stance of being infuriated if we trade up.

Again, this team is not one piece away from SB contention. Mortgaging the future or one elite player isn't how the great teams of the NFL are built, it's how the joke franchises stay jokes.
_________________


Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billsfaninptown


Joined: 28 Feb 2009
Posts: 93
Location: Portland
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
I just find it hard to believe the bills move up for watkins. The reason is because in 2012 Bills drafted TJ Graham in the 3rd round. In 2013 bills spent a 2nd round pick on Woods and a 3rd round pick on Goodwin. 2014 draft they spent a 6th round pick on Mike williams. Now your talking about spending 2 maybe 3 picks to land watkins. This is way to many picks to be focusing on 1 position. Im all for watkins being a legit wr but I just dont see him being the bills pick unless something insane happens and he drops to 9.

It all depends on the price like I said. Also if we want Watkins I don't think we need to trade up to #1. I think Watkins will go in the 3-5 range. If that's the case, then the cost should go down. I don't care that we have drafted wr's in the first few rounds the last couple of years. T.J. Graham is awful and Goodwin is a #3 or 4 wr. Stevie more than likely will be gone after this year and who knows what we get out of Mike Williams. If we cut Stevie and Mike Williams doesn't work out then we have a huge hole at wr. The only starting caliber wr on the roster at that point would be Woods and I think he is best suited as a #2 wr. If the Bills feel that Watkins is a game changer then I say go for it. This draft has a lot of depth at wr but only 1 game changer in my opinion. I think Watkins will be a legit #1 wr for the next decade. I applaud the Bills for trying to add elite talent to this roster. I do not think Mike Evans, or Ebron are elite talents, which is what a lot of people are predicting us to take. If the cost is too high to move up then I am perfectly fine staying put and bolstering the offensive line.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cdavls17


Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 3267
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really dont see why you think that by moving up the bills are blowing the draft its not like they give up all picks for 1 guy. They need key players they have more then enough base players and its time to go all in and make a push for a playoff spot. They have players on defense to be arguably the best in the league if they can bring in clowney and a CB for dept. The bills need oline depth so another OT or OG would help out and ofcourse another wr. If you really think about it the bills are 1 key player from being contenders. It will come down to ej having what it takes to push this team forward.
_________________


Thanks Max
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group