Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

rumors on bills trading up
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdavls17

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: rumors on bills trading up Reply with quote

According to dan pompei texans looking to trade down and bills are looking to trade up to #1 .

Thanks Max
Billsfaninptown

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure what the cost would be to move from 9 to 1, but I assume it is pretty steep. I do not like this one bit. Please just be nothing more than a rumor.
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please post a link to said article next time.

I can understand if they do it for a few reasons:

If they think Manuel's injuries are more serious than expected to get a QB
If they think Clowney is a once in a lifetime talent
If they think Watkins can put us over the top in the passing game.

If they do it to trade up for someone like Mack (seriously why?) or Greg Robinson (I like him but worthy of trading to #1?), I think I might need to buy a new T.V.

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF
cdavls17

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually I wont post stuff like this as bleacher report is behind it and they tend to have way to much nonsense on their site but this guy has been in the business for 30 years so I figured he has to be doing something right

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000337770/article/bills-reportedly-interested-in-trading-for-no-1-pick?campaign=Twitter_atl

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8375/jadeveon-clowney

Thanks Max
TommyC376

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW

https://twitter.com/joebuscaglia/status/449602326857129984

Quote:
@JoeBuscaglia: Debunked. RT @McClain_on_NFL No way Texans trade with Buffalo to ninth.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could be a smokescreen from the Bills. I remember last year about this time everyone was reporting that we were going to take Geno Smith or Ryan Nassib. No one thought we were going to take E.J. I hope this is the case again this year.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that FA has come and gone media tries to keep the interest of the fans going by rumors whether it is true or not this is interesting as I cannot remember any rumors of the bills moving up to select such a high pick. I know they traded for mccargo late in the 1st round as well as losman but this is way different.

Thanks Max
DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't make any sense in such a deep draft. I would never give up a future #1 unless it were for a QB.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billsfaninptown wrote:
This could be a smokescreen from the Bills. I remember last year about this time everyone was reporting that we were going to take Geno Smith or Ryan Nassib. No one thought we were going to take E.J. I hope this is the case again this year.
I don't know if that was a 'smokescreen' per say. Everyone knew we were interested in a QB. Speculation of Geno and Nassib was driven from Geno being the consensus #1 guy and Marrone's connection to Nassib more than it was misinformation put out by the Bills organization. JMO.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's smokescreen season.

I'd be willing to bet someone from the Bills started this rumor.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well If it's serious I believe it's to get Clowney. Look at what Jim Schwartz tried to build in Detroit. I'm 100% sure we wouldn't be trading up for a OT or QB. I doubt it would be for Watkins either considering how deep the WR class is.

My guess at starting point would be 1 for 9,41, 2015 1st maybe even more

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
It's smokescreen season.

I'd be willing to bet someone from the Bills started this rumor.

I bet it was Houston.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
cdavls17

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trade market has been complete opposites when it comes to new CBA. you cant go off of the trade chart like we use to so if this trade is going to happen my guess is its between the 2 major trades. The RG3 trade landed more picks as multiple teams were looking to land him and that upped the price. The dolphins trade last year for dion jordan only cost them a 2nd round as well as their 1st round which was a steal if he was worth it but lucky for bills fans that pick has flopped so far.

I think the texans are trying to drum up interest in hopes of landing multiple 1st round picks like the rams did for RG3. The problem is they need a qb and if they truly dont believe in Bortles then my guess is they have a qb in mind but dont want to take him with the 1st overall pick so sliding down, picking up picks would make sense.My theory is if a qb needy team shows they arent interested then why would another team be willing to give the farm up to land a qb, so by spreading a rumor such as this that the bills want to move up that just drafted a qb in the 1st round last year to land a guy who isnt a QB in hopes of getting more in return.

Thanks Max
Billsfaninptown

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKTurtle51 wrote:
Billsfaninptown wrote:
I don't know if that was a 'smokescreen' per say. Everyone knew we were interested in a QB. Speculation of Geno and Nassib was driven from Geno being the consensus #1 guy and Marrone's connection to Nassib more than it was misinformation put out by the Bills organization. JMO.

I think that's why they more than likely leaked false information about being interested in Geno and Nassib, so no one would know that E.J. was their actual target. It makes more sense for them to give out false information about players at the QB position since that's what they were targeting, thus it would be more believable to other teams and the public.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were not gonna mortgage our future to trade up. We have a horrible trend of not extending our core players after there rookie contracts so we need our picks until proven other wise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: