Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The more I think about it...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end of the day, in spite of having a worst offensive line and running game compared to his rookie season, Tannehill was substantially better.

I think his next step in the growing process is to connect with Mike Wallace. If they had connected deep in any one of our many close losses, we would have been in the playoffs playing a Bengals team we beat during the season.

Therefore, while I would understand the decision to draft another QB, I would strongly disagree with it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
At the end of the day, in spite of having a worst offensive line and running game compared to his rookie season, Tannehill was substantially better.

I think his next step in the growing process is to connect with Mike Wallace. If they had connected deep in any one of our many close losses, we would have been in the playoffs playing a Bengals team we beat during the season.

Therefore, while I would understand the decision to draft another QB, I would strongly disagree with it.

This is where i am with it too. Tannehill needs support not competition. When you can give him the protection, THEN you can send the message that the jury is out. Until then, this case shouldn't even go to trial.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best Case scenario (assuming Aaron Donald doesn't fall to us) would be to trade down to the top of the second round and pick up an extra first round pick in nexet years draft. That would allow us to focus on fixing the team around Tannehill, but give us the firepower to move up in next year's draft to get the QB we want if Tannehill struggles or doesn't take the next step. But that's easier said than done.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not touching QB unless it is in the 5th round or later…you ride or die with Tannehill this season.

Tannehill has all the tools to succeed and has done a remarkable job considering the circumstances he has had to play under since entering the NFL. I would focus on using those early picks on guys who can help the team regardless of who is QB. OL and LB are the most dire areas that should be addressed with the first 4 rounds.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have an issue with anyone's particular opinion on this topic, but I feel that with QB being such a position of importance if a significant upgrade is available teams should take it.

I think Manziel and Bortles would be upgrades over Tannehill.........not sure about Bridgewater though.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the "Tannehill is our guy this season and needs to be supported by his teammates and coaches" camp.

He had an underrated season with the worst offensive line in the NFL and a not-so-great OC.
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am all in on Tanney, he needs another couple seasons before I would pull the plug. But would not be against draft Murray from Georgia in round 5+ and groom him. Face islt Moore is a good back up but we can grab a cheap one who can do the sa.e thing. He may also be a diamond in the rough. But a QB to push Tanney, no not on that wave. He needs support after taking the most hits/sacks last season. He has earned his spot this season.

Adopt a Phins 14, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
(14 Season Week-11 )
65.4% CMP - 2354 yards -17 TD's - 7 INT's - 92.2 Rat /RUSH 261 Yards 37 Atmts
bpastermack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphinemidget wrote:
I am all in on Tanney, he needs another couple seasons before I would pull the plug. But would not be against draft Murray from Georgia in round 5+ and groom him. Face islt Moore is a good back up but we can grab a cheap one who can do the sa.e thing. He may also be a diamond in the rough. But a QB to push Tanney, no not on that wave. He needs support after taking the most hits/sacks last season. He has earned his spot this season.

He didn't actually take the most hits and hurries, only the most sacks. Which is of course part of the problem.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Tannehill is making progress BUT if Aaron Murray is there in the 5th round Miami has to take him. They have too.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
I think Tannehill is making progress BUT if Aaron Murray is there in the 5th round Miami has to take him. They have too.

I don't think this would be a bad idea, consider Moore is in his final year and is also prime trade bait if a starter goes down preseason.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:

I definitely see a QB as a possibility after the 4th. Aaron Murrey, David Fales....someone who can develop and possibly push Tannehill. Rounds 1 - 4 should be lineman and LBs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait until next year, in my opinion. That QB class looks pretty deep and Tannehill deserves one more year. I wouldn't mind grabbing a guy in the mid rounds, but not sooner. This roster has too many holes.

Nacho Simulation Football League
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Wait until next year, in my opinion. That QB class looks pretty deep and Tannehill deserves one more year. I wouldn't mind grabbing a guy in the mid rounds, but not sooner. This roster has too many holes.

Miami cannot draft according to need. They have to take best player available. As much as I want Miami to take offensive lineman, if that dude from Pittsburgh is there and they do not take him they are stupid. My recommendation has nothing to do with Tannehill. It has more to do with realizing a talented player can b had for cheap. I do not think Murray will last until Miami's 5th round pick but outside of Johnny Football he is the best QB IMHO (injury aside).
bpastermack

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:

Miami cannot draft according to need. They have to take best player available. As much as I want Miami to take offensive lineman, if that dude from Pittsburgh is there and they do not take him they are stupid. My recommendation has nothing to do with Tannehill. It has more to do with realizing a talented player can b had for cheap. I do not think Murray will last until Miami's 5th round pick but outside of Johnny Football he is the best QB IMHO (injury aside).

I have watched a lot of Georgia games, and have never seen anything overly special about the guy. But maybe that's just me?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:

I have watched a lot of Georgia games, and have never seen anything overly special about the guy. But maybe that's just me?

4 year starter at QB in the SEC and had success....

Reminds me a little of Drew Brees...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: