You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cibo's Mock

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cibowilson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Cibo's Mock Reply with quote

Thought I would do a mock that had a trade down and landed us some of my favorite players. Feel free to comment and let me know what you think of the trade, the players taken and who you would prefer.

FA:
Robert Ayers, DE
Terrence Cody, DT
Pat Angerer, MLB/OLB

1. Houston- Blake Bortles, QB, UCF

2. St. Louis- **Trade** Buffalo trades 1st, 2nd, 5th and 2015 1st for St. Louis' 1st and 6th. Select Jadeveon Clowney, DE, S. Carolina

3. Jacksonville- **Trade** Atlanta trades 1st, 3rd, and 2015 4th for Jacksonville's 1st. Select Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo

4. Cleveland- Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson

5. Oakland- Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn

6. Jacksonville (via Atlanta)- Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M

7. Tampa Bay- **Trade** Carolina trades 1st, 2nd, 4th, 2015 1st, and 4th for Tampa Bays' 1st and 7th. Select Jake Mathews, OT, Texas A&M

8. Minnesota- Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville

9. St. Louis (via Buffalo)- Mike Evans WR, Texas A&M

10. Detroit-**Trade** Pittsburgh trades 1st and 2nd for Detroit's 1st, 7th and 2015 6th. Select Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan

11. Tennessee- Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA

12. NY Giants- Eric Ebron, TE, UNC

13. St. Louis- Justin Gilbert, CB, OK St.

14. Chicago- Aaron Donald, DT, Pitt

1st Round Pick - #15 Overall:

HaHa Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama
Need meets value. Detroit is able to trade down with Pittsburgh because Lewan is the top player on Tennessee, NY Giants, St. Louis, and Pittsburgh's BB which drives up the value. Was hoping Gilbert would fall to us but take the next best player in Clinton-Dix who can start day one or at the very least play big nickel to start off. Detroit gets a great playmaker that can create turnovers and fills a need.

2nd Round Pick- #45 Overall:

Davante Adams, WR, Fresno State
One of my favorite WR prospects in this draft. Gives us a playmaker with decent size/speed that knows how to get open and is great at catching the fade and high pointing the ball.

2nd Round Pick- #46 Overall:

Kyle Van Noy, OLB, BYU
Van Noy is going to be a great 4-3 OLB. But he also gives us the option of a pass rushing OLB if we need it. He is one of the best hybrid OLBs in the draft and one of my personal favorites.

3rd Round Pick- #76 Overall:

Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
Martin and Richburg are gone at this point but Swanson is still great value. He can learn under Raiola and take over midseason if he needs too or be the starter next year.

4th Round Pick- #111 Overall:

Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana
Value. That's all this is. I think Latimer is a stud and very similar player in size/speed to Adams. He could go very high in the 3rd but slips a round because of the depth in this draft. Stafford is now flushed with weapons.

4th Round Pick- #133 Overall:

Trai Turner, G, LSU
With big name guards like Su'a-Filo, Yankey, Dozier, Jackson, Thomas, and Richardson off the board Turner is the highest ranked G still available. He will give us depth and could possibly take over for Sims next year if we let him go.

4th Round Pick- #136 Overall:

Brett Smith, QB, Wyoming
Smith was a combine snub but has talent. Again we let the prospects fall to us and stick to our Big Board. Smith will fill the role of the developmental QB and could end up being our backup QB by years end.

7th Round Pick- #227 Overall:

Chris Boswell, K, Rice
A weak Kicker class in a deep draft helps one of the best Kickers fall to the 7th. Boswell didn't have a great season but he is still probably one the best Kickers in the draft and one of only a few that might get drafted. Plus that onside kick was awesome!

UFA:
Luke Lucas, OT, Kansas State
Chandler Catanzaro, K, Clemson
J.C. Copeland, FB, LSU
Aaron Lynch, DE, USF
Ciante Evans, CB, Nebraska
1King

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really, really like it. Everybody is a solid pick at worse. Not as high as you are on Latimer, and would probably prefer a more versatile WR (either someone who has return value or someone who could play inside or out) if we went WR again, but that is a very minor complaint. Well done.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
DrRay11

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like most of the players chosen except Haha. He might be this year's Da'Quan Bowers / Jarvis Jones for me on the defensive side (aka not high on them or Haha at all). I've more film to watch, though
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it!

Good job.

Now phone The Steelers and get them on side!

Sig by Smack

Team Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty nice. Don't love many picks, but pretty much every pick has decent or better value.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
RIP CITY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome trade. Like the Clinton-Dix, Van Noy, Swanson and Boswell picks. I like DaVante Adams but he's a solid 3rd Rounder to me, few WR's I like more that will be available at that spot. Don't like the Latimer Pick at all, there should still be some better players available with that first 4th Rounder. Overall it's pretty good, the perfect trade really.

That said, I don't see Pittsburgh trading up. Ever. They never do because they trust their Drafting ability. They almost dare you to take the more talented player and just say "Your guy has more talent, but we'll develop our guy to be twice the player". But, given that they just had one of their worst seasons in a long time, maybe this will be the year they do trade up. I think they'd probably take Anthony Barr in that situation, he's a great fit for their defense. I'm not super high on Barr but if he landed in Pittsburgh I'd expect big things.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see teams throwing out next years 1st rounders like that; nor do I think that would be required for some of those trades.

ATL already has an awesome OLB in Weatherspoon, so I dont know about that move up.

As for Detroit, I dont like passing on Barr, but would have to consider it given that trade.

I like Clinton-Dix, but I think 15 is still a little high for him.

I love Adams as well, but dont expect him to make it that far.

I know Van Noy is a popular pick, but I see him more as a late 2nd; I think we could find better value.

I like the rest, especially Latimer. He looks likes like a 1st in his film at times. Its unreal how deep this draft is at WR.

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
Rockcity

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it just me or does haha seem painfully lean for a safety
flyguy1609

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldn't mind this draft happening like that, love the trade down
detfan782004

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it! I'm huge Adams fan and he would be round 1 managerial in normal year. This loaded WR class gonna drop ton of talent at the position

AAL- Abdullah

Tigers suck. Thanks DD for never getting bull pen

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: