Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

KG's Off-Season #3: Movement Galore

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: KG's Off-Season #3: Movement Galore Reply with quote

This is my 3rd attaempt at our off-season. Below are links to my 1st and 2nd attempts…

#2 - http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541308
#1 - http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=536249

RELEASED/CUT:

WR Austin Pettis

DT Jermelle Cudjo

FREE AGENT SIGNINGS:

DT Alex Carrington (6’5 / 303)

WR Kenny Britt (6’3 / 213)

QB Shaun Hill (6’5 / 211)

OG Davin Joseph (6’3 / 311)

2014 NFL DRAFT:

TRADE: STL sends 2014 1st to ATL for 2014 1st, 3rd and 2015 1st

1. OT Greg Robinson (6’5 / 331) - Auburn

- It’s no secret that Atlanta is hot for Clowney. We swing a deal that sets us up again with an extra 1st rounder in 2015, while they get the elite pass rush piece they’re missing. I feel like we can move back to #6 and still get one of our original targets (Matthews, Robinson, Watkins). In this scenario ( Bortles-HOU / Clowney-ATL / Mack-JAX / Matthews-CLE / Watkins-OAK) we’re able to land Robinson. He can slide into one of the OG spots this season and be a dominant force. Boudreau can eventually help him succeed Jake Long as the LT long-term...

1. FS Ha’Sean Clinton-Dix (6’1 / 209) - Alabama

- I think we flirt with the idea of moving up/down here, but ultimately we need help at the FS spot with us bringing in no one in FA. We get the best available and a true “center-fielder” type coverage safety we’ve lacked for years. He’ll be a valuable addition to Greg Williams defense...

2. WR Jordan Matthews (6’3 / 212) - Vanderbilt

- This is truly a “BPA” pick. We add Kenny Britt in FA, but he’s far from a sure-thing and on a 1 yr deal. We add Matthews who will push from day one to be our #1 type and give us a WR group formidable with any in the league. This addition makes Austin Pettis expendable when final rosters come out...

3. CB Jaylen Watkins (6’0 / 194) - Florida

- We add a player who’s played all over in college (boundary CB, nickel back, free safety). He’s got excellent athleticism/instincts and can slide right in and man the slot from day one...

3. CB Phillip Gaines (6’1 / 193) - Rice

- I had him in my last mock to us in the later rounds (back at the end of January), but he’s been flying up draft boards since the combine. Ultimately, I think he’ll end up being an early 3rd round pick, which is where I have him here. Snead loves to “double dip” at positions in the draft and he does it here with back-to-back CBs. Gaines has excellent athleticism and has been one of the best collegiate coverage CBs metrics wise...

TRADE: STL sends 2014 4th, 5th and 7th to NE for 2014 3rd

3. OG Brandon Thomas (6’3 / 317) - Clemson

- With the late round picks we added, we have flexibility to move up for a target. We do exactly that here. A LT at Clemson, he’ll be moved inside to OG at the next level, but has great upside for the position.

TRADE: STL sends 2014 6th and 7th to JAX for 2014 6th

6. DT DeAndre Coleman (6’5 / 315) - California

-We swap 6th rounders to move-up and get this mammoth. He’s the long and big DT type that Waufle likes. He’ll be a nice space-eater behind Brockers to rotate and we’ll be able to kick the incumbent Cudjo to the curb...

6. FB Trey Millard (6’2 / 247) - Oklahoma

- His 2013 injury killed his stock. He’s an extremely athletic fullback. He’s a solid blocker, but excelles at catching the ball. He’s a valuable piece...

7. QB Casey Pachall (6’5 / 229) - TCU

- This guy got snubbed by the combine, he should have been there because he’s got the talent to be drafted and developed. He’s got prototypical size and a very good arm. His biggest problem is off-field, in which he’s openly struggled with substance abuse. Fisher and Co aren’t afraid to give a prospect whose showed willingness to turn their life around a chance...

7. TE Blake Jackson (6’4 / 238) - Oklahoma State

- A receiving threat type TE, who missed most of 2013. The Rams have met with him and seem to be interested. Worth a late round flier to replace Mike McNeil...

UDFA: LB Jonathan Newsome (6’3 / 247) - Ball State

- I think we’ll add a couple of UDFA LB’s similar to last year with Armstrong and Bates. Newsome is one of my personal favorites...

2014 53-MAN DEPTH CHART:

QB: Sam Bradford / Shaun Hill / Casey Pachall
RB: Zac Stacy / Benny Cunningham / Isaiah Pead / Daryl Richardson
FB: Trey Millard
TE: Jared Cook / Lance Kendricks / Corey Harkey / Blake Jackson
WR: Tavon Austin/ Chris Givens / Kenny Britt
WR: Jordan Matthews / Brian Quick
SLOT: Stedman Bailey
LT: Jake Long
LG: Greg Robinson / Brandon Thomas
C: Scott Wells / Barrett Jones
RG: Rodger Saffold / Davin Joseph
RT: Joe Barksdale

DE: Robert Quinn / Eugene Sims
DT: Michael Brockers / DeAndre Coleman
DT: Kendall Langford / Alex Carrington
DE: Chris Long / William Hayes
OLB: Alec Ogletree / Daren Bates
MLB: James Laurinaitis / Jonathan Newsome
OLB: Jo-Lonn Dunbar / Ray-Ray Armstrong
CB: Janoris Jenkins / Brandon McGee
CB: Trumaine Johnson / Phillip Gaines
SLOT:Jaylen Watkins / Greg Reid
FS: Ha’Sean Clinton-Dix / Rodney McLeod
SS: TJ McDonald

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide
PR: Tavon Austin
KR: Greg Reid

IDOG_det on the sig...
FRO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it. Good job.
Deemo55

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand the love for Jordan Matthews. He's a solid player yes but I think Stedman Bailey is that solid possession guy. The Rams roster is full of #2 WRs....why grab another?
Picked4td

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deemo55 wrote:
I don't understand the love for Jordan Matthews. He's a solid player yes but I think Stedman Bailey is that solid possession guy. The Rams roster is full of #2 WRs....why grab another?

Matthews has the prototypical size and speed to be a number 1 WR. Not saying hes for sure will be, but to straight up say hes going to be a #2 type WR is beyond ridiculous.

btw love the mock and would very much be happy if this happened. And while i like Pachall, I dont see them waiting that long to take a QB
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deemo55 wrote:

Matthews can be more than just a possession type, same with Stedman Bailey. Matthews has the talent to develop into a #1 type...

Also, what's the obsession with some only wanting a WR if he's going to be a Calvin Johson, AJ Green, Dez Bryant type. These guys are rare...

IDOG_det on the sig...
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked4td wrote:
btw love the mock and would very much be happy if this happened.And while i like Pachall, I dont see them waiting that long to take a QB

I don't think we're taking a developmental QB before the 6th. We don't have to overdraft a guy now to have ready to play behind Bradford this season...

There is some good talent that can be had with the late picks. Guys like Smith, Pachall, Savage, Rynner, etc...

These types just need some refining and time...

IDOG_det on the sig...
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like a lot of the players. Overall, good mock. Doubt that Gaines and Thomas will last that long though.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it, obviously its very similar to mine and the next one Im in the progress of making.

Although Im not crazy about Matthews.

And I agree with Jrry, I dont think Thomas will last to the 3rd.

Bottom line is this would be awesome.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd certainly be happy with this outcome. I'd really prefer Ward to Dix, but, I also understand that I'd be in the minority there. I've definitely moved Matthews up my list of WR's and think he has a great shot of being a #1 type guy IMO. I'd really like lining up Matthews, Austin, and Bailey out there. Those are weapons.

Really don't see Thomas that far down the board but like him as a player.

Good job

Applause
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
jjab360

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
I like a lot of the players. Overall, good mock. Doubt that Gaines and Thomas will last that long though.

Fair enough, I have both sitting in the 3rd round range...

They could easily go before that though as well...

IDOG_det on the sig...
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
I'd certainly be happy with this outcome. I'd really prefer Ward to Dix, but, I also understand that I'd be in the minority there. I've definitely moved Matthews up my list of WR's and think he has a great shot of being a #1 type guy IMO. I'd really like lining up Matthews, Austin, and Bailey out there. Those are weapons.

Really don't see Thomas that far down the board but like him as a player.

Good job

Applause

They're pretty close to each other on my board, I wouldn't mind either one...

I just think we need to be proactive and get one given the lack of depth/quality at the position in this draft and on our roster...

IDOG_det on the sig...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: