Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Your Phil Emery outside the box pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jspiel24

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
KG1187 wrote:
bkokot wrote:
I'm not saying I would actually like this, but given that this is the "surprise pick" section, has anybody mentioned Stephon Tuitt?

Phil has shown that in the 1st round, if a guy he likes is there, he will take him, and maybe he likes Tuitt, the forum would probably spontaneously combust if he was the pick though.

I was going to say Tuitt as well. Fits the Emery mold, big athletic tweener who fits every scheme. The fact that many online draft junkies rate him as a late first or early second round pick is the cherry on top for Emery picking him at 14.

Pretty bad injury history and is currently injured. Won't happen early, Phil seems to value clean medicals with his early picks.

If I remember correctly, didn't McClellin have concussion issues?

HuskieBear

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jspiel24 wrote:
G08 wrote:
KG1187 wrote:
bkokot wrote:
I'm not saying I would actually like this, but given that this is the "surprise pick" section, has anybody mentioned Stephon Tuitt?

Phil has shown that in the 1st round, if a guy he likes is there, he will take him, and maybe he likes Tuitt, the forum would probably spontaneously combust if he was the pick though.

I was going to say Tuitt as well. Fits the Emery mold, big athletic tweener who fits every scheme. The fact that many online draft junkies rate him as a late first or early second round pick is the cherry on top for Emery picking him at 14.

Pretty bad injury history and is currently injured. Won't happen early, Phil seems to value clean medicals with his early picks.

If I remember correctly, didn't McClellin have concussion issues?

yep, he had 2 or 3 at boise st. and he's had at least one with us that i can remember
MemphisBear

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was a third round pick, but Emery also grabbed Hardin, who hadn't even played the previous season due to a shoulder injury..
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisBear wrote:
He was a third round pick, but Emery also grabbed Hardin, who hadn't even played the previous season due to a shoulder injury..

Shea McClellin?

Adopted Bear: LB DJ Williams
Christmas List
Sack of Aaron Rodgers
Sack of Matthew Stafford
Tackle Adrian Peterson for loss

TFL: SACK: INT: FF: FR:
MemphisBear

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I worded that a little funny, I was referring to Hardin.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisBear wrote:

So since we tend to read into everything as fans should I continue to think a guy like Dominique Easley is a good possibility for us if we don't go DT in round 1?

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
MemphisBear

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
MemphisBear wrote:

So since we tend to read into everything as fans should I continue to think a guy like Dominique Easley is a good possibility for us if we don't go DT in round 1?

You're much more of a scout than I am. I would be a little surprised though just because he's coming off two devastating ACL tears (if I heard correctly), and we lost two difference makers at his position last season to ACL tears.
G08

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
MemphisBear wrote:

As a value pick at 3T? Sure. Two ACL tears gives me major pause for concern, though.

If we go safety or corner in round one, I wouldn't sleep on Will Sutton in the second or third.

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.
HuskieBear

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
MemphisBear wrote:

As a value pick at 3T? Sure. Two ACL tears gives me major pause for concern, though.

If we go safety or corner in round one, I wouldn't sleep on Will Sutton in the second or third.

Will Sutton has not done well at all in his workouts, and is still a little over his ideal playing weight. He's looking like he might take a draft day tumble down to the 4/5 rounds
DaMike

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
MemphisBear wrote:

I'd really hope we bring in Sutton but I'd wait til day 4. Decent value for him there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: