Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Your Phil Emery outside the box pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DABEARSLCF04


Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 1383
Location: Eatonia, SK, Canada
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
I cannot get the idea of Anthony Barr out if my mind.

6'5" 255lbs running in the 4.6s and with only a couple years if experience at the position and tons of ton to grow.

I don't know where he fits, what they do with him, but everytime someone talks anout him it sounds like Emery speaking.




Where the hell would he fit on this team? Huston and Allen will be the starters at DE with Young as the backup working in Bass. So there is verry few snaps for Barr at DE. Wee already have Shea who is a non fit so far why add another. Not saying he is a bad player, just not a fit for this system.


My head hearts every time i try to justify the Shea pick. I just need to stop trying to justify it and let it go as a bust on Emrys first pick.
_________________

Adopt a Bear.... Ka'Deem Carey.... HB.... Arizona
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 10714
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
I cannot get the idea of Anthony Barr out if my mind.

6'5" 255lbs running in the 4.6s and with only a couple years if experience at the position and tons of ton to grow.

I don't know where he fits, what they do with him, but everytime someone talks anout him it sounds like Emery speaking.




Where the hell would he fit on this team? Huston and Allen will be the starters at DE with Young as the backup working in Bass. So there is verry few snaps for Barr at DE. Wee already have Shea who is a non fit so far why add another. Not saying he is a bad player, just not a fit for this system.

My head hearts every time i try to justify the Shea pick. I just need to stop trying to justify it and let it go as a bust on Emrys first pick.

I don't think anyone's putting him at DE and to be fair we don't really know what the system is. Emery has said he wants a diverse and aggressive defense and the Lovie-2 as it was was neither of those things. We have largely assumed to this point that the 2014 defense will be similar to those past but we don't know that for sure. Where Barr COULD fit is in a 4-3 similar to that which we ran under Jauron in which the OLB are regularly rushing the passer. If we do go that route we do have Shea to fill that role, but just because Emery seems to have missed on him 2 years ago doesn't mean he all of a sudden doesn't like guys with that skill set to fill that role for us now.

Now, that's all devil's advocate and I probably wouldn't draft Barr at 14, but given what we've seen the past two years it really wouldn't surprise me either.
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bkokot


Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Posts: 1378
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying I would actually like this, but given that this is the "surprise pick" section, has anybody mentioned Stephon Tuitt?

Phil has shown that in the 1st round, if a guy he likes is there, he will take him, and maybe he likes Tuitt, the forum would probably spontaneously combust if he was the pick though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5370
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkokot wrote:
I'm not saying I would actually like this, but given that this is the "surprise pick" section, has anybody mentioned Stephon Tuitt?

Phil has shown that in the 1st round, if a guy he likes is there, he will take him, and maybe he likes Tuitt, the forum would probably spontaneously combust if he was the pick though.
Do you want me to yell at you?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sugashane


Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 937
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll throw an out of the box pick, one that likely won't even be considered.

Trading out of our first.

Get a 2nd and 4th this year (maybe a third instead if we swap our 4th?), and a 1st next year. We now have extra picks in a deep draft, and 2 firsts in a draft that may have substantially less talent throughout it.
_________________
2013 Kyle Long Rookie of the Year Award
Adopt-a-Bear
Matt Forte
The march for 2,000 All Purpose Yards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5370
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
I'll throw an out of the box pick, one that likely won't even be considered.

Trading out of our first.

Get a 2nd and 4th this year (maybe a third instead if we swap our 4th?), and a 1st next year. We now have extra picks in a deep draft, and 2 firsts in a draft that may have substantially less talent throughout it.
I'd do it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DABEARSLCF04


Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 1383
Location: Eatonia, SK, Canada
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
I cannot get the idea of Anthony Barr out if my mind.

6'5" 255lbs running in the 4.6s and with only a couple years if experience at the position and tons of ton to grow.

I don't know where he fits, what they do with him, but everytime someone talks anout him it sounds like Emery speaking.




Where the hell would he fit on this team? Huston and Allen will be the starters at DE with Young as the backup working in Bass. So there is verry few snaps for Barr at DE. Wee already have Shea who is a non fit so far why add another. Not saying he is a bad player, just not a fit for this system.

My head hearts every time i try to justify the Shea pick. I just need to stop trying to justify it and let it go as a bust on Emrys first pick.

I don't think anyone's putting him at DE and to be fair we don't really know what the system is. Emery has said he wants a diverse and aggressive defense and the Lovie-2 as it was was neither of those this. We have largely assumed to this point that the 2014 defense will be similar to those past but we don't know that for sure. Where Barr COULD fit is in a 4-3 similar to that which we ran under Jauron in which the OLB are regularly rushing the passer. If we do go that route we do have Shea to fill that role, but just because Emery seems to have missed on him 2 years ago doesn't mean he all of a sudden doesn't like guys with that skill set to fill that role for us now.

Now, that's all devil's advocate and I probably wouldn't draft Barr at 14, but given what we've seen the past two years it really wouldn't surprise me either.


Then this is all a moot point. You say I have know idea what type of defense will be ran. But nether do you then lol. I'm not saying they won't run a D that rushes the OLB but if they "did" there is still a bigger need at the DT, CB and S spots then a rush OLB on this team IMO. I know Shea is unproven at a rush OLB position but I'd rather strengthen other parts of the team first and see what Shea and Washington would have at that spot. Even Bass could learn to rush from there. Hell even Allen could do it also.
_________________

Adopt a Bear.... Ka'Deem Carey.... HB.... Arizona


Last edited by DABEARSLCF04 on Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9639
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
I'll throw an out of the box pick, one that likely won't even be considered.

Trading out of our first.

Get a 2nd and 4th this year (maybe a third instead if we swap our 4th?), and a 1st next year. We now have extra picks in a deep draft, and 2 firsts in a draft that may have substantially less talent throughout it.


I would not trade down to far.

This draft is good because it has 25-30 1st round guys and I would not want to miss out on that.

25-35 I would move down to.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 10714
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
I cannot get the idea of Anthony Barr out if my mind.

6'5" 255lbs running in the 4.6s and with only a couple years if experience at the position and tons of ton to grow.

I don't know where he fits, what they do with him, but everytime someone talks anout him it sounds like Emery speaking.




Where the hell would he fit on this team? Huston and Allen will be the starters at DE with Young as the backup working in Bass. So there is verry few snaps for Barr at DE. Wee already have Shea who is a non fit so far why add another. Not saying he is a bad player, just not a fit for this system.

My head hearts every time i try to justify the Shea pick. I just need to stop trying to justify it and let it go as a bust on Emrys first pick.

I don't think anyone's putting him at DE and to be fair we don't really know what the system is. Emery has said he wants a diverse and aggressive defense and the Lovie-2 as it was was neither of those this. We have largely assumed to this point that the 2014 defense will be similar to those past but we don't know that for sure. Where Barr COULD fit is in a 4-3 similar to that which we ran under Jauron in which the OLB are regularly rushing the passer. If we do go that route we do have Shea to fill that role, but just because Emery seems to have missed on him 2 years ago doesn't mean he all of a sudden doesn't like guys with that skill set to fill that role for us now.

Now, that's all devil's advocate and I probably wouldn't draft Barr at 14, but given what we've seen the past two years it really wouldn't surprise me either.


Then this is all a moot point. You say I have know idea what type of defense will be ran. But nether do you then lol. I'm not saying they won't run a D that rushes the OLB but if they "did" there is still a bigger need at the DT, CB and S spots then a rush OLB on this team IMO. I know Shea is unproven at a rush OLB position but I'd rather strengthen other parts of the team first and see what Shea and Washington would have at that spot. Even Bass could learn to rush from there. Hell even Allen could do it also.

I know I don't know either. That's why I said "we", and it's yet another reason I'm not as convinced as so many are that Aaron Donald is the guy Emery would take at 14, because he is SO scheme-specific to what we have been but maybe not to what we will be. If that's the case though then Emery is playing it right in not dispelling any incorrect info everyone seems to be buying. Remember we weren't aggressive in trying to bring Melton back either, and reports from his side that the Bears said to go find the best offer and come back might have been the Bears way to tell him they didn't want him any more without saying so. Pure speculation but certainly possible.
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pigsooie5


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 3991
Location: Laguna Niguel, CA/ Albuquerque, NM
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Ryan Shazier, Ryan Shazier, and..... Ryan Shazier.


My only question does he fit with this LB crew.

Would it not be admitting defeat on Bostic and Greene.

I don't think anyone in the Bears FO is comfortable with a LB corp of Greene, Bostic, McClellin... At least not from what we've seen from them so far. Lance Briggs is more Urlacher than he is Tillman, 2014 will be his last season in Chicago. I think they're waiting to infuse Bostic over there at WLB, leaving holes at MLB and SLB in the future. Call me crazy but I actually think Shaziers best fit is MLB in a 4-3. Two of Urlachers best qualities coming out of New Mexico, hell even Lovington HS, was his elite instincts and lateral movement. Two areas Shazier excels at.

The more I've been sitting and thinking about it though, with the way Emery has drafted in the 1st, it really is the BPA at a specific locked in position... And this year that position seems to be CB. High upside, best athlete with the highest upside. It just screams Bradley Roby to me.
_________________

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
KG1187


Joined: 16 Jan 2013
Posts: 234
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkokot wrote:
I'm not saying I would actually like this, but given that this is the "surprise pick" section, has anybody mentioned Stephon Tuitt?

Phil has shown that in the 1st round, if a guy he likes is there, he will take him, and maybe he likes Tuitt, the forum would probably spontaneously combust if he was the pick though.



I was going to say Tuitt as well. Fits the Emery mold, big athletic tweener who fits every scheme. The fact that many online draft junkies rate him as a late first or early second round pick is the cherry on top for Emery picking him at 14.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G08


Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 918
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KG1187 wrote:
bkokot wrote:
I'm not saying I would actually like this, but given that this is the "surprise pick" section, has anybody mentioned Stephon Tuitt?

Phil has shown that in the 1st round, if a guy he likes is there, he will take him, and maybe he likes Tuitt, the forum would probably spontaneously combust if he was the pick though.



I was going to say Tuitt as well. Fits the Emery mold, big athletic tweener who fits every scheme. The fact that many online draft junkies rate him as a late first or early second round pick is the cherry on top for Emery picking him at 14.


Pretty bad injury history and is currently injured. Won't happen early, Phil seems to value clean medicals with his early picks.
_________________

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 10714
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
KG1187 wrote:
bkokot wrote:
I'm not saying I would actually like this, but given that this is the "surprise pick" section, has anybody mentioned Stephon Tuitt?

Phil has shown that in the 1st round, if a guy he likes is there, he will take him, and maybe he likes Tuitt, the forum would probably spontaneously combust if he was the pick though.



I was going to say Tuitt as well. Fits the Emery mold, big athletic tweener who fits every scheme. The fact that many online draft junkies rate him as a late first or early second round pick is the cherry on top for Emery picking him at 14.


Pretty bad injury history and is currently injured. Won't happen early, Phil seems to value clean medicals with his early picks.

Which is a welcome thing after JA...
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 18180
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill throw one out there.....Jace Amaro
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IronMike84


Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Posts: 7120
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
...it's yet another reason I'm not as convinced as so many are that Aaron Donald is the guy Emery would take at 14, because he is SO scheme-specific to what we have been but maybe not to what we will be.

But his supporters say he can play 1 and 5-tech. Laughing
_________________
Rotoworld.com wrote:
...internet mock drafts, which have ridiculously become the measuring stick for where players are "supposed" to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group