Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Your Phil Emery outside the box pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G08

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
HuskieBear wrote:
Here's a scenario, as unlikely as it is.

Trade with Buffalo for the #9 pick, right ahead of Detroit to grab Gilbert.

Bears get #9
Bills get #14, 3rd rounder, one of our extra 6ths.

Then with our 2nd rounder, we can grab a Quarles, Buchannan, Ward, Jones, or trade back if someone really starts to fall out of the 1st/top 2nd to get back some picks.
That would really suck.

No kidding. A trade up would be the stupidest thing we could do unless a rare talent fell.

GOGRIESE wrote:
Sorry when I smell BS I tend to not let it go.

G08 wrote:
Try a shower and watch where you step.
SLCbear

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Latest draft rumor from Matt Miller's weekly scouting notebook:

"— The Chicago Bears are rumored to have strong interest in the cornerback position. A source with a team picking after the Bears in Round 1 tells me they expect the team to draft the best corner available with pick No. 14."

This would not be outside the box and would make a ton of sense.

Yeah not out the box as it certainly makes a lot of sense…personally I think it’s between the best DT or CB still on the board as to who our pick is going to be…hopefully the Vikings go QB at #8…Lions go OT at #10…Giants take an OT or TE at #12…and the Rams take a WR at #13…those are the 4 teams who’s picks will really shape what we have available at #14…if it goes like above then we should have our pick of the prospects…worst case scenario would be if the Lions went Gilbert, Giants go Donald & Rams take Dennard or even HaHa…that would screw us.

We seem to want a Corner, which is very exciting for me. We have never targeted a CB this early! Taking out elite WRs, or any other team's top target is huge for any scheme!

Ideal #1 & #2 Draft:
Justin Gilbert
Kelcy Quarles/trade up for Nix III

Outside the Box #1 & #2 Draft/Gilbert gone:
<<<may have to maneuver a little but seemingly doable>>>
Louis Nix III
Kelcy Quarles

Think of the Carolina Panthers drafting Star Lotulelei and Kawann Short #1 and #2 to line up with Greg Hardy and Charles Johnson, and how well that turned out --and despite their having a much worse secondary than what we currently have!
Carolina's LBs are a cut above ours, but ours are still quite good when healthy Cool

ADOPT-A-BEAR #23KyleFuller *INT3 / PD7 / FF3 / COMB57

Last edited by SLCbear on Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:30 am; edited 2 times in total
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HuskieBear wrote:

Bears get #9

Then with our 2nd rounder, we can grab a Quarles, Buchannan, Ward, Jones, or trade back if someone really starts to fall out of the 1st/top 2nd to get back some picks.
No, no, a thousand times "no". We will not move up in the draft, moving back is FAR more likely.
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
HuskieBear wrote:

Bears get #9

No, no, a thousand times "no". We will not move up in the draft, moving back is FAR more likely.

I would not rule out them trading up....just not in the first round.

I hope they are lucky enough to find a partner to trade back in the first.
If they do, their trade up in the second would essentially come for free, give or take. Depending on how the top 15 picks fall, the next 25 or so picks can provide very similar value. A team like the Bears is probably either going to get a steal in the top 15 or super value in the top 40 if they have done a good job of evaluating players, combined with a little luck.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the depth in this draft and how much we are relying on players over 30, I would much rather trade back than up. Get more picks, more prospects, and have them learn under the vets, rotate in if they perform well.
The march for 2,000 All Purpose Yards
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Outside the box?

Kyle Fuller
Jimmie Ward
Ryan Shazier
Eric Ebron
CJ Mosely
Zach Martin
Jason Verrett

That pretty much sums it up.

If it's a corner at #14, I'd hope it would be Gilbert or Dennard, but Kyle Fuller's scouting report reads like one Emery would love.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot get the idea of Anthony Barr out if my mind.

6'5" 255lbs running in the 4.6s and with only a couple years if experience at the position and tons of ton to grow.

I don't know where he fits, what they do with him, but everytime someone talks anout him it sounds like Emery speaking.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

6'5" 255lbs running in the 4.6s and with only a couple years if experience at the position and tons of ton to grow.

I don't know where he fits, what they do with him, but everytime someone talks anout him it sounds like Emery speaking.

Does he fit the Bruce Irvin role in a Seattle-like hybrid? He fits the profile for elite upside, elite measurables and scheme-versatile. His addition means Shea and Bostic are on the bench for sure unless they can beat out Williams. Not opposed to that because Barr can be a star, but not sure Emery is ready to go there just yet. No surprise (or displeasure) from me if he's our selection though.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

He's definitely not a 4-3 DE.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Yeah he's Shea McClellin 2.0 in a 4-3 D.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Not if they used him like Denver uses Von Miller and Seattle uses Bruce Irvin in their 40 fronts.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Not if they used him like Denver uses Von Miller and Seattle uses Bruce Irvin in their 40 fronts.

I don’t think Barr is as explosive or physical is either of those guys…even if they do use him in that way in a 4-3 D your still not getting the best out of him…he is a 3-4 edge rusher IMO.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

True but I don't think that's the direction we want to go with our LBs. If we do we already have Shea if we want to try out that experiment.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not like his fit.

But he will score other wordly on the athletic scoring and he goes after the QB.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
HuskieBear wrote:

Bears get #9

I would not rule out them trading up....just not in the first round.

I hope they are lucky enough to find a partner to trade back in the first.
If they do, their trade up in the second would essentially come for free, give or take. Depending on how the top 15 picks fall, the next 25 or so picks can provide very similar value. A team like the Bears is probably either going to get a steal in the top 15 or super value in the top 40 if they have done a good job of evaluating players, combined with a little luck.
That all sounds good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: