Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What DON'T you want to see happen at 24?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DatDudeKB3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: What DON'T you want to see happen at 24? Reply with quote

There's always a lot of discussion about who we'd like to see picked at 24, so who are some guys that you don't want us to select?
Anonymous3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shazier and Roby for one, even though I know a lot of people who will be in favor of them. I was not impressed by Roby (granted I watched all of a half dozen games) and I don't think Shazier is a scheme fit, unless we shift Maualuga outside and Burfict inside which would just be overkill.

Also really wouldn't be a fan of drafting an OT unless it's Robinson, Lewan or Mattews. Not a fan of Zach Martin one bit in our blocking scheme. He would get washed out at LT, although I think he has a chance to excel as a pulling LG.

I wouldn't be opposed to a DL, but I think they need to be the BPA and they should be expected to make an immediate impact. Same goes for SLB or WR.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DE is what I don't wanna see, even though its still a need in the mix. I think this team can afford to hold off on DE until later in the draft. The Bengals are better when it comes to DE's being drafted later anyway.

QB is the other one, even though I know they won't take one in the 1st round anyway. But with talks about some of the QB's possibly slipping, talks from Bengal Nation about needing a QB in the 1st round will not end, until reality eventually hits.
Hokie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question. The only position I'm definitely against taking in the 1st round is RB (I'm looking at you, Carlos Hyde). If the Bengals want to select a power back to pair with Gio then fine, but wait until the later rounds to do it. No position in the NFL has a shorter shelf life than RB, so unless you're getting a special talent (like AP), RB is always a position that can be addressed later on.

This draft is wide open. The only thing I don't want to see the Bengals do is reach and take a lesser player at a perceived need. I'm still not crazy about the idea of taking Roby, Gilbert, or Fuller at 24 to be our 5th CB on the roster next season. I would much rather have a Ealy, Nix, Mosley, or Martin.

As an unconventional selection, I wouldn't mind seeing the Bengal go WR at 24 if the right guy slipped. If Lee slipped to 24 I would jump all over it. I wouldn't mind see Cooks in stripes either.

Just go BPA...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: