Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Thread 6.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 83, 84, 85  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Flowers taking first visit with Chargers. Would hate to seem him stay our in our division.

Not if we get Jacoby Ford back after he gets cut by NY Wink

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would keep an eye on Detroit TE Joseph Fauria (6'7" 259lbs 40: 4.77). The Lions just gave Pettigrew a phat contract and then went out and drafted TE Eric Ebron. Apparently they are unhappy with Fauria's route running whom they acquired as an UDFA. PFF has Fuaria ranked as the 12th most effective TE in 2013. 7 TDs and 1 drop in 18 receptions. His run blocking is decent but his pass blocking is poor. Imo, sounds like a great outlet receiver to me. Being an effective outlet can also slow a pass rush.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.raiders.com/news/article-1/Raiders-Claim-Emmett-Cleary/b4d9cf07-fa66-402d-9141-1a80b054b0df

Quote:
The Oakland Raiders have claimed T Emmett Cleary via waivers, General Manager Reggie McKenzie announced Wednesday.

The Oakland Raiders have claimed T Emmett Cleary via waivers, General Manager Reggie McKenzie announced Wednesday.

Cleary was originally signed by the Indianapolis Colts as an undrafted free agent in April 2013 before being waived by the team in September. The 6-foot-7, 324-pounder joined the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ practice squad in October, where he finished the 2013 season.

The Arlington Heights, Ill., native started every game over his final two seasons at Boston College, playing in 48 total contests and making 29 starts during his tenure. He earned 2011 All-Atlantic Coast Conference Academic Team honors as a junior in 2011.
To make room on the roster, the Raiders waived WR David Gilreath.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Goodson cut from the Jets.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
MTRaider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguars part ways with Jason Babin again.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/19/jaguars-part-ways-with-jason-babin-again/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon Taylor released from Chargers. Thought that was a great draft pick for them that year. Hopefully this kid gets a chance to show what he can do in NFL and stay healthy.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Israel idonije would make a lot of sense with what we've done so far. That is if he has anything left in the tank.

Props to Palooka ^
Chris Lance

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:

It sounds like hes a complete nut case now.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Lance wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

What makes you think that?

Thanks to RaiderX for the sig
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BNich0622 wrote:
Chris Lance wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

Guns, drugs, etc. Then add in not showing up to camp this year when he could have at least made some money before and/if they were going to cut him. No they also have a good reason not to pay him any gaurenteed money since he was just a no show/no call. Very poorly played by his side. Not sure another team will even give him a shot again after all this.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
BNich0622 wrote:
Chris Lance wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

Guns, drugs, etc. Then add in not showing up to camp this year when he could have at least made some money before and/if they were going to cut him. No they also have a good reason not to pay him any gaurenteed money since he was just a no show/no call. Very poorly played by his side. Not sure another team will even give him a shot again after all this.

Wow. He had some tremendous talent in college. It's sad to see guys with great ability falter off the field and blow it all away.

Thanks to RaiderX for the sig
S&B Bleeder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read a great article at Cover32 in which the author indicated our two best pass rushers will have to be relieved frequently and when that occurs our pass rush will drop off significantly. Do others feel that is the case? Has he overlooked players on our team? I thought of Mack as he will be a down lineman on occasion. However on pass plays he may be back in coverage. Can or should we pick up someone during camp cuts? Have we passed on anyone who could have helped us?
Quote:
The only thing that stops me from going full tilt and predicting a top five finish is the lack of depth at the defensive end position. The key position for rushing the passer. Starters Justin Tuck and LaMarr Woodley are both pass rushing experts but they are also older and cannot play every down. They will need time off the field and when they do hit the sidelines, the pass rush talent drop off is substantial. The Raiders have the players to put together a nasty rotation in the middle of the defensive line, but on the ends, things are a little less impressive when it comes to depth.

Five Early Predictions: http://cover32.com/raiders/2014/06/23/five-early-predictions-for-the-2014-season/
I need stuff like this to fill the void until camp starts.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S&B Bleeder wrote:
I read a great article at Cover32 in which the author indicated our two best pass rushers will have to be relieved frequently and when that occurs our pass rush will drop off significantly. Do others feel that is the case? Has he overlooked players on our team? I thought of Mack as he will be a down lineman on occasion. However on pass plays he may be back in coverage. Can or should we pick up someone during camp cuts? Have we passed on anyone who could have helped us?
Quote:
The only thing that stops me from going full tilt and predicting a top five finish is the lack of depth at the defensive end position. The key position for rushing the passer. Starters Justin Tuck and LaMarr Woodley are both pass rushing experts but they are also older and cannot play every down. They will need time off the field and when they do hit the sidelines, the pass rush talent drop off is substantial. The Raiders have the players to put together a nasty rotation in the middle of the defensive line, but on the ends, things are a little less impressive when it comes to depth.

Five Early Predictions: http://cover32.com/raiders/2014/06/23/five-early-predictions-for-the-2014-season/

We are in much better shape than last year. That is for sure. First of all Smith can play base end to free up some reps. Mack will get a significant amount of reps there. Moore has shown he can as well. And we would still have plenty of coverage with our LB unit. Also I was really down on Crawford coming into last season and he surprised me with his progression. If he makes another decent sized leap this year he could be a really good role player. And I love that we will again have a way to generate some pressure up the middle. I think that is going to be more impactful in our division that the edge.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S&B Bleeder wrote:
Quote:

Do others feel that is the case?
Unfortunately I agree with the writer mostly. Tuck was mostly spent until the proverbial "contract year" bump in production. Neither Tuck or Woodley wanted to be here as both offered their former teams "match it" deals that were obviously declined. Stamina is a concern, as the writer mentioned, but I'm also very concerned about Tuck's durability. Although he wasn't very explosive, for the same contract that Houston got in Chicago I would have preferred the younger player as Houston and Tuck have similar skill sets at this point in their careers (44 hurries to 41 respectively). Many have been suggesting for years that Houston should slide inside on passing downs and probably would have been more effective with the addition of other edge rushers that Tuck benefited from.
Woodley was a DE in college but is obviously transitioning back from a 43 olb. I'm not sure whether Woodley will be rushing standing or with his hand in the dirt. I don't think it matters ultimately and may do both to give different looks. FSU runs a 43 where BOTH DEs rush standing which may be confused as a 34, the Raiders could do something very similar.
Has he overlooked players on our team?
No, the writer indicated that the quality of pass rushers has improved and it has. He is justly concerned about age/stamina. In one way or another Tuck and Woodley appeared long in the tooth last season. He's just not as pollyanna about their ability to stay healthy and consistent as obviously your average Raider fan would be.
I thought of Mack as he will be a down lineman on occasion. However on pass plays he may be back in coverage. I think Mack will rush standing most of the time from LDE forcing offenses to double or chip either Tuck, Mack or Woodley and freeing the others. Because of Mack's versatility I also think Mack will rush standing because he could drop into coverage as a scheme wrinkle.
Have we passed on anyone who could have helped us?
This team has logistically improved by leaps and bounds this off-season even if it isn't reflected in the standings in 2015 as I currently have the Raiders picking 5th in 2015. This team is still rebuilding you cannot realistically expect a team that was mismanaged for a decade to address every weakness in one off-season.

Bonez wrote:
Chris Lance

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BNich0622 wrote:
Chris Lance wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

Jets express concern for Mike Goodson’s well-being

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/18/jets-express-concern-for-mike-goodsons-well-being/

Quote:
The Jets cut troubled running back Mike Goodson today, but while the team is done with him as a player, some members of the team say they’re concerned about him as a person.

Goodson, who has had legal problems and substance-abuse issues, hasn’t been in contact with anyone on the Jets and was cut only after he failed to show up for mandatory minicamp. Jets coach Rex Ryan said today that it’s alarming that Goodson hasn’t responded to calls to see if he’s OK.

“There’s no question, it concerns me,” Ryan said, via ESPN. “I’ve tried to reach out to him but haven’t been able to make contact with him.”

Goodson’s agent, Kennard McGuire, released a statement saying Goodson needs to “comprehend not only effective communication but simple communication.” McGuire didn’t elaborate, but that sure sounds like McGuire hasn’t heard from Goodson.

Jets defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson described Goodson as “a guy who needs help.” Guard Willie Colon said that teammates usually keep each other apprised of how they’re doing, but Goodson hasn’t.

“That’s the scariest part,” Colon said. “Usually, a guy will send you a text and say, ‘I’m OK.’ Not to hear anything is scary in itself. All you can do is send out prayers to him.”

Said Jets wide receiver David Nelson, “Guys are trying to check in on him, making sure that stuff isn’t reoccurring and taking over.”

If Goodson needs help, we hope he’s getting it.

Hes even ignoring his agent's phone calls.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 83, 84, 85  Next
Page 78 of 85

Jump to: