Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Thread 6.0
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE MAD STORK

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Free Agency Thread 6.0 Reply with quote

We hit 100 pages. So I thought it would be time for a new one. Impressive rate we have been going at.
THE MAD STORK

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakleyCap wrote:
Adding another corner, defensive lineman, and then possibly a guy like Owen Daniels would be an excellent way to close out free agency. I also wouldn't mind taking a look at another running back.

We need another corner bad. I do not feel confident in Hayden, and would love to draft keith mcgill in the 2nd.

And your right, we are very thin at DT as well, would be nice to bring in another quality DT.
Big Rob

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE MAD STORK wrote:
OakleyCap wrote:
Adding another corner, defensive lineman, and then possibly a guy like Owen Daniels would be an excellent way to close out free agency. I also wouldn't mind taking a look at another running back.

We need another corner bad. I do not feel confident in Hayden, and would love to draft keith mcgill in the 2nd.

And your right, we are very thin at DT as well, would be nice to bring in another quality DT.

i think with what were seeing with Hayden, McGee, Moore and the TE's is Reggie is taking this building through the draft thing to heart and allowing his picks to play...

anyone know how Brown fares in the slot?
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Rob wrote:
i think with what were seeing with Hayden, McGee, Moore and the TE's is Reggie is taking this building through the draft thing to heart and allowing his picks to play...

I like that. Can't baby 'em. Let them have their shot and see what they can do.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Chris Lance

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the Raiders offered Jared Allen $9 million per year ?

Its hard to believe it because every player has mentioned the Raiders; I just don't think they wanted Allen.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
Maurice Jones-Drew is visiting the #Raiders tonight and tomorrow, per source. Wow. Could get serious.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wouldn't mind MJD on a 1/2 year deal for a little amount of money
agarcia34

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maurice Jones-Drew visiting on a Friday? Reggie loves to sign people on Friday I would welcome MJD.
NickButera

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 7m

Jones-Drew visited Steelers; Jets also in hunt. Was reportedly seeking $3 mil per & willing to wait. Things heating up w/ #Raiders quickly

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 18m

RB Maurice Jones-Drew scheduled to fly to Oakland tonight to visit Raiders Fri. One source said there's "a good chance" Oakland signs MJD.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
Quote:
Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 7m

Jones-Drew visited Steelers; Jets also in hunt. Was reportedly seeking $3 mil per & willing to wait. Things heating up w/ #Raiders quickly

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 18m

RB Maurice Jones-Drew scheduled to fly to Oakland tonight to visit Raiders Fri. One source said there's "a good chance" Oakland signs MJD.

WOW... I didn't see this coming at all. After getting McFadden back, I thought we were out of the FA RB race.

PM sig requests.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agarcia34 wrote:
Maurice Jones-Drew visiting on a Friday? Reggie loves to sign people on Friday I would welcome MJD.

I don't know….. every time MJD comes to Oakland he gets injured Laughing

Would be cool for him to come home for a stint. He and Dmac could be a nice combo.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJD back to the bay. Him and McFadden would make for a good combo but the question is can they last all season in a time share???

Saw a list of free agents available. They all seem to be just whatever players. Wouldn't be shocked to see Reggie put a feel out on Finley and Pickett (needs and the GB familiarity).

Don't wanna sound to negative, and I'm sure it's been mentioned or discussed from the Reggie haters, but does anyone else hate the fact we shelled out 40+ million and aside from maybe James Jones or Brown we don't have a guy we signed as a building block towards the future?
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:

I don't know….. every time MJD comes to Oakland he gets injured Laughing

Would be cool for him to come home for a stint. He and Dmac could be a nice combo.
Yup I dont think MJD was done yet anyways but having McFadden, Murray and Reece on the roster would help keep him fresh. And we wont have to draft one which would be great in my book. Wait until next year to draft a guy and/or develop PS guy.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiderfan19 wrote:
MJD back to the bay. Him and McFadden would make for a good combo but the question is can they last all season in a time share???

Saw a list of free agents available. They all seem to be just whatever players. Wouldn't be shocked to see Reggie put a feel out on Finley and Pickett (needs and the GB familiarity).

Don't wanna sound to negative, and I'm sure it's been mentioned or discussed from the Reggie haters, but does anyone else hate the fact we shelled out 40+ million and aside from maybe James Jones or Brown we don't have a guy we signed as a building block towards the future?
We didnt overpay for unproven guys. Its seems bad now but wait until a year or two from now when those young guys who got overpaid are getting cut with a bunch of dead money from other teams. If we do well this year I can see us getting some of the young guys who are more proven next year.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see MJD coming back home. He is a De la Salle Concord guy and he still has a ton of family in the area. Last time he played here he had a pretty big contingent of visitors here to see him play. I'm concerned about his injury history tho. But he wouldn't be the workhorse back so it shouldn't be too much of an issue. And we do have the money he is looking for so...

Raider X hooked me with the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85  Next
Page 1 of 85

Jump to: