Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Miami Signs Moreno
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good signing. I wanted him or Pierre Thomas, who still has not yet been released by the Saints. I hope they do not think they can trade him for anything.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
Hooray!!!!! Maybe we will finally get rid of Daniel Thomas. I hated the pick when we drafted him, and unfortunately he didn't do enough to make me eat my words.

Ya, I keep hoping a pick I hated proves me wrong, but it hasn't happened yet. Dallas Thomas was my big one last year.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:

3) Who cares what happens to Daniel Thomas?

Truer words were never spoken

FF Member #67
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Miami KM, very happy to see this, 1 year deal, I think this push Miller as well, says look we need a RB who can produce and not afraid to go out and grab one. Hockey has not done a bad job so far in FA. Can not wait to see him in the draft.

Adopt a Phins 2014, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
Tannehill (2014 Season stats Week-6)
60.8% CMP - 1133 yards -8 TD's - 5 INT's - 81.2 Rat
SUG

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man between Gilleslie - Miller & Moreno were set.
What do we have at FB, should that be a 4th or 5th rnd option for us ???

We must come out of this draft with no less than 2 starting quality OL by any means necessary.
I don't give a crap how you do it just get it done.
Albert's on borrowed time & we've yet to pin point how the new OG (FA) will pan out for us.
We don't know about Dallas Thomas so .....

OL - OL - OL - OL - OL Evil or Very Mad

sug
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to keep a close eye on the training camp reports, because I have a feeling that Gillislee might be our KR, PR next year. Philbin must have seen something he really likes about Mighty Mike to move him up on the depth chart. I know that Mike can catch and run screens, so we will see what happens.

I looks like Armondo's source was dead on when they stated that Hickey doesn't want to spend more than 3 mil a season on a RB. It makes me think that the rumors about Hickey are pretty much spot on.

I love the Moreno signing, as it allows Lazor to better utilize Miller. We have moved our running game from a D, to a C with this signing, with the possibility of being a B if we get the right OL-men.
stepover

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe I'm saying this about a Dolphins GM but I'm on board with pretty much ALL the moves this off-season. Granted we overpaid for Albert but we were really over a barrell in terms of our needs. The only signing I'm not sure about is Finnegan but it seems to be a gamble worth taking. Most of all we are now set up so we can take BPA in the draft round 1 as the only really urgent "need" we have is O-line and that can be addressed in rounds 2-4 if necessary.

Keep hoping Ebron drops but everything I read is that his stock is rising - Buffalo at 9 makes a lot of sense for him so we may end up seeing a lot of him one way or another!
bpastermack

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing I liked aBOUT THE hICKEY INTERVIEW IS HE WAS SPECIFIC TO MAKE NOTE OF mORENO'S ability to be a factor in the passing game. I think we are finally going to do things to throw the ball more to our running back.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
The thing I liked aBOUT THE hICKEY INTERVIEW IS HE WAS SPECIFIC TO MAKE NOTE OF mORENO'S ability to be a factor in the passing game. I think we are finally going to do things to throw the ball more to our running back.

Is your keyboard broken?

#TeamMeowgatron
green4gulf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
green4gulf wrote:
Hooray!!!!! Maybe we will finally get rid of Daniel Thomas. I hated the pick when we drafted him, and unfortunately he didn't do enough to make me eat my words.

Ya, I keep hoping a pick I hated proves me wrong, but it hasn't happened yet. Dallas Thomas was my big one last year.

I was extremely disappointed with the Dallas Thomas pick, almost as disappointed as the trade up for Daniel Thomas. I feel comfortable saying neither will develop into average starting quality players.
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
green4gulf wrote:

I was extremely disappointed with the Dallas Thomas pick, almost as disappointed as the trade up for Daniel Thomas. I feel comfortable saying neither will develop into average starting quality players.

Of course you are comfortable. There's no risk.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
green4gulf wrote:

Throw the Egnew pick in there as well for me.

When we took Daniel Thomas I wanted Ryan Mallet QB
When they took Egnew I really wanted Chris Givens WR
When they took Dallas Thomas I wanted Brian Schwenke OG/C
It makes me wonder how different our team would have been

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
green4gulf wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
green4gulf wrote:

I was calling for Mallett in the 1st... then when I saw the trade up I was calling for Mallett... Only to be let down by the drafting of Thomas.

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
orangetiktac

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
green4gulf wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
green4gulf wrote:

I was calling for Mallett in the 1st... then when I saw the trade up I was calling for Mallett... Only to be let down by the drafting of Thomas.

I wanted DeMarco Murray. Imagine how I felt after we traded up for this guy, and he passed our original selection. No one had Thomas over Murray...no one but us. We needed a RB that year, Murray would have been perfect for us and while he's not all world, he's definitely better than we have and had.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
green4gulf wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
green4gulf wrote:

Of course you are comfortable. There's no risk.

I see your point, but I could see people crying about cutting Thomas ( if we do ) and him becoming a Patriot and having a good game or two. That's the reason for my cautious word selection.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: