Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post Jared Allen Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MonsterCityGHS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
G08 wrote:
MonsterCityGHS wrote:
No.1 need is DT definition Aaron Donald is a Chicago Bear. Next need is S. Then CB in that order peace out and Bear Down Cool

Again, I LOVE Donald but I just can't agree with that.

Right now we have Ratliff, Paea, Collins, and a part-timer in Houston at DT. This draft is deep at DT so I'd have to go Ha-Ha if he's there.
It doesn't matter because Aaron Donald is to good a talent to pass up on at #14.
Man oh man is this intense.
CBears019

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonsterCityGHS wrote:
DaMike wrote:
G08 wrote:
MonsterCityGHS wrote:
No.1 need is DT definition Aaron Donald is a Chicago Bear. Next need is S. Then CB in that order peace out and Bear Down Cool

Right now we have Ratliff, Paea, Collins, and a part-timer in Houston at DT. This draft is deep at DT so I'd have to go Ha-Ha if he's there.
It doesn't matter because Aaron Donald is to good a talent to pass up on at #14.

Actually it's not, please keep comments to the discussion at hand. Saying "this is intense" two comments in a row is a bit unnecessary.

Gracias.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 77 Yds: 821 TD: 6

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
wiscbearsfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Phil did make a comment about how much offensive talent will be on the board at #14...

Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if they drafted offense at 14. A couple weeks ago I was listening to a Chicago radio show and one of the "experts" mentioned TE. Now I have barely looked at any of this year's prospects and have no idea if there is a hybrid type TE that could be worthwhile there but that kind of thought process can't be discarded entirely. It's at least plausible.
BEARS24

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guys name is STORM Johnson

This draft wins... Who cares who we draft in the first?!?!??!!?

(With that said, I hope its Johnson, and then we trade up for C-D or Pryor)
G08

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonsterCityGHS wrote:
DaMike wrote:
G08 wrote:
MonsterCityGHS wrote:

It's just football talk.

Donald is a beast but if you take him at #14, where do you go in the second round? Buccannon? Trade up for Ward? Stick with Conte?

What do you do with your DE rotation then? Does Willie Young never play? Does Houston kick in to play the nose?

GOGRIESE wrote:
Sorry when I smell BS I tend to not let it go.

G08 wrote:
Try a shower and watch where you step.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
MonsterCityGHS wrote:

Aside from your LOVE for Donald (I like but don't LOVE him) I'm right with you here. Clinton-Dix is a first round talent at what is right now our biggest hole on the roster. Pretty simple for me at this point.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Conte and Ryan Mundy are pretty much the start and end of the argument for me.

We have 2 starting quality NFL DTs

We have 2 back up quality NFL S.
G08

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem though is that if HCD is gone, I don't want Pryor at #14...

GOGRIESE wrote:

G08 wrote:
BEARS24

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With everything said, I want players that can tackle...

I don't have an interest in college like you lot do, but on a real level, lets get the basics right!!!
MemphisBear

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If HCD is gone, I'd want a trade back and try to grab Pryor or Ward.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisBear wrote:
If HCD is gone, I'd want a trade back and try to grab Pryor or Ward.

Either that or take Gilbert or Dennard at 14. I doubt all 3 are gone by 14. I expect the top 15 to include in no particular order:
3 QB (Bridgewater, Manzlel, Bortles)
2 DE (Clowney, Mack)
1 DT (Donald)
1-2 LB (Barr, Mosley)
2 WR (Watkins, Evans)
1 TE (Ebron)
2-3 OT (Robinson, Matthews, Lewan)
1-2 CB (Gilbert, Dennard)
1 S (HCD)

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
jspiel24

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEARS24 wrote:
The guys name is STORM Johnson

This draft wins... Who cares who we draft in the first?!?!??!!?

(With that said, I hope its Johnson, and then we trade up for C-D or Pryor)

Played against him in elementary/middle school for a few years.

I was considered the guy to stop him

Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Phil did make a comment about how much offensive talent will be on the board at #14...

Emery made that comment in the hope of getting someone to move up for that offensive talent…trading down with be his #1 option.
G08

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
G08 wrote:

Emery made that comment in the hope of getting someone to move up for that offensive talent…trading down with be his #1 option.

Obviously, but you really never do know with him.

GOGRIESE wrote:

G08 wrote:
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Signing Allen changes nothing when it comes to our needs IMO…we still shouldn’t be going into next season with a starting DT combination of Paea & Ratliff…we still badly need talent on that Dline especially inside and if there is a DE with talent on the board in the 2nd we should still try and grab him…Allen is a bandage…nothing more.

We added 3 DEs on top of Bass who the team seemingly likes and Washington who showed nothing last year but probably gets a shot to show something this year. We can probably use another a young DE but it's not a 2014 or 2015 immediate need so a late rounder is probably all we get there IMO. There's a good chance a rookie DE wouldn't even be active on game day as we are presently constructed. Also, I'd be fine with Ratliff/Paea/Collins/Jones at DT for us with Houston and possibly Izzy also taking DT reps on passing downs.

I fully expect Houston to line up inside at DT every time we play nickel D…which last year was over 50% of the time…Allen will start at RE then you have Young or Bass rotating in at DE on 3rd down…those two aren’t talented enough to pass on a quality DE if they are just sitting there in the 2nd round IMO…DT wise we would have an often injured Stephen Paea…an often injured Jay Ratliff…a returning from an ACL Nate Collins…a rookie…and Israel Idonije who is more of a DE…now as I said I expect Houston will line up inside quite a bit but if that is our DT depth I would expect him to have to slide inside full time by the mid-way point of the season…

I can see the argument for not taking a DE in the 2nd round if there is a comparable talent at CB or S but we badly need DT help.

I agree we need depth.

But we are talking about needing STARTERS at safety. What happens when Paea gets injured? Better question is what happens when no one gets injured at safety because we are already starting 2 backups?

What happens if Tillman goes down? Give me Izzy or Houston at DT before Hayden at CB. As crazy as this is we have better depth at DL than at any secondary position.

Let's say we draft Donald, which I would over Clinton-Dix. Houston is not going inside anymore, which means Youngs reps go down. There are not a ton of reps left on the DL if Houston is taking 3rd downs at DT.

Bass showed enough not to be replaced right away with a high pick.

God add in their obsession with making McClellin less of a bust and we may be looking at even fewer pass rush reps.

Conte & Mundy are not backup quality safeties if they have a good pass rush in front of them…Emery has already came out and said he wants Conte to compete for a starting job and hopes to be talking about an extension with him come the end of next season…Conte isn’t anywhere near as bad as he played last year…the guy was asked to do way too much in every aspect of the game because the front seven flat out sucked…if Conte can get back to playing at the level he did in his first two seasons he is more than serviceable…

Also drafting Donald doesn’t stop Houston moving inside at all…it also doesn’t cut down on Young’s snaps either…in nickel situations you have Allen & Young at DE with Donald & Houston inside…that is a Dline that can really pressure a QB which is more helpful to a defence than anything else.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: