Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Wallace for DeJean Jackson Trade
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maddogg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Mike Wallace for DeJean Jackson Trade Reply with quote

Would you?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24501395/dolphins-looking-for-mike-wallace-deal-eagles-could-make-sense

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 4, Tackles 6 Assists 2 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 4 : Death 17 Joe 14
Fins20??SBChamp

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would make no sense to me. They are both similar players. Trading Wallace this year will create a huge cap hit. Everybody says D-Jax is a diva type of player. If that is the case then he would have problems with Philbin. Tannehill could not connect with Wallace on a long ball to save his life. Nothing tells me it would be different with D-Jax. And Jason LaCanfora is one of the worst at his job(totally unrelated). Just my humble opinion.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fins20??SBChamp wrote:
This would make no sense to me. They are both similar players. Trading Wallace this year will create a huge cap hit. Everybody says D-Jax is a diva type of player. If that is the case then he would have problems with Philbin. Tannehill could not connect with Wallace on a long ball to save his life. Nothing tells me it would be different with D-Jax. And Jason LaCanfora is one of the worst at his job(totally unrelated). Just my humble opinion.

This pretty much sums up how I feel. But I hear their guard Evan Mathis is rumored to be on the block. I'd package a deal for him. Can't make moves just to make moves.
http://www.thephinsider.com/2014/3/26/5549546/dolphins-rumors-2014-evan-mathis-available-in-trade#comments

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
Emerica

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If DJax would take less money on a long term extension than Wallace is making, then...

Ahhh never mind, who am I kidding. This trade makes about as much sense as trading Mike Pouncey for Maurkice Pouncey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Djax is a headache. If he has a good season he wants a new deal. I am cool with Wallace.
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ, is a true talent, but he would be a headache to deal with. Wallace (though a terd) I am hopeful he will be a bigger factor this coming season.

Adopt a Phins 2014, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
Tannehill (2014 Season stats)
93/155 - 902 yards - 6 TD's - 3 INT's - 81.2 Rat
orangetiktac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logistically it makes no sense for either team. But let's be honest, DeSean is straight up a better player than Wallace. He's what everyone here wanted Wallace to be. And he makes a tad less money. I'd be on board if it weren't for the huge cap hit we'd receive for trading Wallace.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangetiktac wrote:
Logistically it makes no sense for either team. But let's be honest, DeSean is straight up a better player than Wallace. He's what everyone here wanted Wallace to be. And he makes a tad less money. I'd be on board if it weren't for the huge cap hit we'd receive for trading Wallace.

Im really getting sick of you guys all bashing Wallace. It is not his fault that Tannehill isn't accurate with his deep balls. Wallace is doing everything that he was expected to do, Tannehill is the one that was overthrowing/underthrowing all of the passes.

AIM/Steam/XBL: ChosenOne3188
ChosenOne3188

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeSean was just released.

AIM/Steam/XBL: ChosenOne3188
Maddogg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChosenOne3188 wrote:
DeSean was just released.

Hello NY Jets? or maybe Seahawks? or could San Francisco possibly enter the mix?

Gang Banging?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24504552/desean-jackson-i-am-not-and-never-have-been-part-of-any-gang

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 4, Tackles 6 Assists 2 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 4 : Death 17 Joe 14
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I would like a Mike Wallace and DeSean Jackson duo I just don't see it happening. I could see the Jets making a move.

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets may be dangerous next year. All they need is one receiver and a QB that can utilize that WR. Makes sense to me.
Warpticon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChosenOne3188 wrote:
orangetiktac wrote:

Im really getting sick of you guys all bashing Wallace. It is not his fault that Tannehill isn't accurate with his deep balls. Wallace is doing everything that he was expected to do, Tannehill is the one that was overthrowing/underthrowing all of the passes.

Actually, it is at least partially his fault. He failed to catch a number of catchable balls. Remember the perfect pass that went through his hands against NO? The could-have-been game-winner against Carolina he missed on a beautifully thrown ball by Tannehill? He also doesn't compete for balls in the air, which reduces the margin for quarterback error.

The whole deep ball business is wildly overblown. It's like people never watch other teams play and don't realize that deep passes are low percentage plays in the first place. Most 30+ yard passes are incomplete. They're even more likely to be incomplete when throwing to a 4.3 guy on plays timed for 4.4/4.5 guys. I'm not saying his deep ball couldn't use improvement, but people are acting like he's hopeless when that's far from the truth.
orangetiktac

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
ChosenOne3188 wrote:
orangetiktac wrote:

Actually, it is at least partially his fault. He failed to catch a number of catchable balls. Remember the perfect pass that went through his hands against NO? The could-have-been game-winner against Carolina he missed on a beautifully thrown ball by Tannehill? He also doesn't compete for balls in the air, which reduces the margin for quarterback error.

The whole deep ball business is wildly overblown. It's like people never watch other teams play and don't realize that deep passes are low percentage plays in the first place. Most 30+ yard passes are incomplete. They're even more likely to be incomplete when throwing to a 4.3 guy on plays timed for 4.4/4.5 guys. I'm not saying his deep ball couldn't use improvement, but people are acting like he's hopeless when that's far from the truth.

I'm not saying he's worthless, because he's far from it. He's mightily overpaid, and I'm still okay with that because we needed that splash in FA that year after losing out on VJax. I was simply stating that DeSean is a better player, plain and simple. Wallace's value was bigger in Pitt because of QB play and better team, here so far it's been under value because of poor QB play and scheme. His real value is in the middle, but hoping Tannehill improves and the scheme changes to actually, you know, USE HIM correctly and we'll have a top 10 WR.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: