Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jared Allen signs 4 year deal w/ Bears
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
I didnt realize Jared Allen liked Jay Cutler so much. Part of the reason he signed here and not Oakland is the stable QB situation. Same with Houston apparently.

yep. goes back to their KC/DEN days, when they met twice a year then too.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Bears didnít represent the biggest $ offer for Jared Allen: Raiders did. They were willing to pay him $9M. He believed Bears were best fit.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
you know, Alan Page played the last three years of his career as a Bear too.

Wink

Page was one of the best Bears pickups in my memory. He played very well for the time he was here. I met the guy once up in Minneapolis and shook his hand. He and Ditka had the biggest, softest hands I ever shook. Page probably would have been a successful TE had he tried the position. This pickup has been my dream and I think it will help the Bears like no other next year.

for anyone interested in the history of that situation, Page had began a training regime of long distance running and had lost weight. Viking coach Bud Grant asked him to stop, feeling he would become less effective. Page refused and was waived, the Bears then picked him up for the standard at the time waiver fee of... $100.

Page, visibly upset at being released by the Vikings after 10+ years of stellar performance with them, said it was a hundred dollars more than the Vikings deserved.

Page played for the Bears for 2 1/2 seasons and got about 40 more sacks. sacks weren't an officially recorded NFL statistic then (people have gone back retroactively and recorded them) but Page ended up with 173 in his career, which would have put him at #3 all time.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
since72

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
SLCbear wrote:
Hey bro, can you break down JAs decline for me?

*Is it due to injury/playing through injury?

Jared's "decline" is a relative term, because even though last year was considered a down year for him, he still got 11.5 sacks and put a lot of pressure on QB's. so if that's a down year, then obviously he's still got some juice left.

things about Jared Allen, that should still be current:

Arrow insane competitor. never gives up, not on a single play.

etc etc etc.

Having watched Jared Allen for the past six seasons, vike daddy's post is spot on all the way through. Excellent and very thorough.
Gene

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The numbers previously reported for the deal are all lies. This is the REAL breakdown:

2014: 3 million base, full guarantee

2015: 1 million base, full guarantee, 11.5 million roster bonus

2016: 8.5 million base, no guarantee

2017: 8 million base, no guarantee (automatically voids if he gets 12 sacks in any of the first three seasons)

Sooooo it looks like that's really a one-year, 4 million deal with a lot of fancy wording so his agent can have the media report it as 15.5 mil in guarantees.
A_Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gene wrote:
The numbers previously reported for the deal are all lies. This is the REAL breakdown:

2017: 8 million base, no guarantee (automatically voids if he gets 12 sacks in any of the first three seasons)

Sooooo it looks like that's really a one-year, 4 million deal with a lot of fancy wording so his agent can have the media report it as 15.5 mil in guarantees.

Source?
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gene wrote:

I can't see that being true. I can't see us getting him for that cheap.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Gene wrote:

Its 15.5 million guaranteed. The 11.5 million roster bonus in 2015 is guaranteed so long as Allen is on the bears roster as of April 9th of this year.

Pay as you go deal. Good job Cliff.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Gene wrote:

Its 15.5 million guaranteed. The 11.5 million roster bonus in 2015 is guaranteed so long as Allen is on the bears roster as of April 9th of this year.

That would be such an incredible deal for us which is why I won't believe that til I see a link.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Gene wrote:

That would be such an incredible deal for us which is why I won't believe that til I see a link.

Gene is mistaken, Brad Biggs is likely correct. Here is Biggs twitter account, its in multiple tweets (otherwise I'd link to just one).

https://twitter.com/BradBiggs

DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Gene wrote:

Gene is mistaken, Brad Biggs is likely correct. Here is Biggs twitter account, its in multiple tweets (otherwise I'd link to just one).

https://twitter.com/BradBiggs
Wow. So we really just signed him for 1yr $3mil and we take a $1mil cap hit by cutting him next offseason. What an incredible signing by us.

Also leads me to believe that after freeing up the $5mil from Cutler that we still have plenty of room for another starter in FA.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Wow. So we really just signed him for 1yr $3mil and we take a $1mil cap hit by cutting him next offseason. What an incredible signing by us.

Also leads me to believe that after freeing up the $5mil from Cutler that we still have plenty of room for another starter in FA.

No. The 11.5 million dollar bonus is guaranteed if Allen is on the Bears roster as of April 9th of this year (ie. in 12 days).

Its a 2 year 15.5 million dollar guaranteed deal.

DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

No. The 11.5 million dollar bonus is guaranteed if Allen is on the Bears roster as of April 9th of this year (ie. in 12 days).

Ahhhh. Gotcha. That's strange. Still not the worst contract.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

I think they did it to avoid a signing bonus spread over multiple seasons, instead a roster bonus just counts in the season its earned - and this way its guaranteed money.

Bears are trying to do 'Pay as you Go' as much as they can I'd guess.

bkokot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

I think they did it to avoid a signing bonus spread over multiple seasons, instead a roster bonus just counts in the season its earned - and this way its guaranteed money.

How much of that cap hit is this year? Not sure if the bonus is split evenly between this year and next year or what.
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkokot wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

How much of that cap hit is this year? Not sure if the bonus is split evenly between this year and next year or what.

I believe I read his cap hit this year to be 3 or 4 million.

Adopted Bear: LB DJ Williams
Christmas List
Sack of Aaron Rodgers
Sack of Matthew Stafford
Tackle Adrian Peterson for loss

TFL: SACK: INT: FF: FR:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: